Reviewing every Capcom CP/Dash/2 and 3 game...because why not!

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Kicking it off with 1941...my laundromat game of choice (also how the shit is this game 31 years old? damn I feel old...)

I'm still surprised at how good the SuperGrafx conversion of 1941 is when compared to the arcade original. Fun Capcom shooter on either platform BTW!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I don't know how this game can be 30 years old...but it is!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I'm still surprised at how good the SuperGrafx conversion of 1941 is when compared to the arcade original. Fun Capcom shooter on either platform BTW!
Yeah the SuperGrafx really got close with 1941 and Ghouls and Ghosts. Some impressive hardware that sadly barely even had a library

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I can't wrap my head around Dynasty Wars ever since I tried it on the PC Engine. It's really damn boring for me for some reason, like of course colors are being shown on screen but it seems like nothing ever happens?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I can't wrap my head around Dynasty Wars ever since I tried it on the PC Engine. It's really damn boring for me for some reason, like of course colors are being shown on screen but it seems like nothing ever happens?
I enjoy it but I admit its not Capcom's strongest game on CPS

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Kicking it off with 1941...my laundromat game of choice (also how the shit is this game 31 years old? damn I feel old...)
I had a similar thing happen to me as well.

Just before the pandemic I had felt like replaying the first 'Devil May Cry': I watch the intro movie and the moment I read the year the copyright was registered I think 'Shit, it's already been almost twenty years since this stuff came out!'.

Anyway, the kinematic camera has aged really badly: a youtuber I follow was right to define this last one as 'a supporting enemy to those the one you already clash with'.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I had a similar thing happen to me as well.

Just before the pandemic I had felt like replaying the first 'Devil May Cry': I watch the intro movie and the moment I read the year the copyright was registered I think 'Shit, it's already been almost twenty years since this stuff came out!'.

Anyway, the kinematic camera has aged really badly: a youtuber I follow was right to define this last one as 'a supporting enemy to those the one you already clash with'.
I've stopped looking at years things came out. Coolio's Fantastic Voyage was on the radio and I asked my wife to look up what year that came out...and felt old!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
alternate universe where LoneSage is a detroit politician instead of china expat

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I will never beat both loops but I sure have fun failing

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Enjoying these. Are you seriously going to review every game for the platform? Pure lunacy!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Enjoying these. Are you seriously going to review every game for the platform? Pure lunacy!
lol they are all done and uploaded...through April of 2022. So I've moved on but I did finish the entire series

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I know this is off topic a smidge, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on using the Capcom Power System Changer from a hardware perspective if you ever get your hands on one.