Kentarou Miura passed away?????(creator of BERSERK)

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I've beek thinking about it all day.

Listening to the music. Going over old posts.

Now I understand why people revisit the works of dead artists upon learning of their demise. I never 'got' that before.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Please let there be a back room somewhere and hes got stacks of drawings like 5 volumes ahead and was just waiting to release them for shits and giggles.

I honestly think it was getting close.

Spoiler:
Caskas back, Rickert slapped griffith, Skull knight can take guts anywhere, just train the man and move along

Alas though I'm going to go over another reread here. Probably within the next few weeks.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I found out about this today, damn... young too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've beek thinking about it all day.

Listening to the music. Going over old posts.

Now I understand why people revisit the works of dead artists upon learning of their demise. I never 'got' that before.
On Reddit or Twitter I saw people asking where to buy his sketches “to help his family”, good luck vultures! He wasn’t selling them.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
On Reddit or Twitter I saw people asking where to buy his sketches “to help his family”, good luck vultures! He wasn’t selling them.

LOL a Miura sketch is as rare as gold. He almost never distributed them. If you got one, I imagine it would have hurt him greatly to hear you sold it. Probably less bothered if you gifted it to someone else, depending on the circumstances.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
RIP.

I haven't been able to completely rid my mind of this for two days. It's a really hallow sadness when characters that I have loved for so long have essentially,
died... along with the man who was brilliant enough to create them. At least Guts accomplished what he really wanted to do, bring back Caska from her mental and spiritual trauma.

His work will never be matched, in my eyes. It transcended manga and anime.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
RIP.

I haven't been able to completely rid my mind of this for two days. It's a really hallow sadness .
I'm a few liters in, and I'm gonna get gay in this post. But I've been thinking about death a lot this past year. How we're here one minute and gone the next. I've been thinking a lot about making the most of life, and what's important in life. What we should all be focused on. We all only have one life to live. And I hope you guys are doing all right. I saw a picture a few days ago, of an old man a day before he passed, with his wife of how many years, and they're just sitting together, heads on one another. Made me think. Starks out. No homo.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Are you feeling FOMO for the lives of others, or are you truly trying to make something of life? Because you may not be far from the latter.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No patience for fan videos (or video news, I only do print)

tl:dw?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I maintain my position that not only SHOULD Berserk continue, but it must.

It is bigger than Miura.

It has changed the world by virtue of its mass appeal.

I know that some of the fan base wouldn't see it as legitimate.

That's cool. You have 363 chapters and can cling to that.

But rationalizing that you can 'find endings' within the last batch of chapters is just a coping mechaniam.

Until Guts, Griffith and Casca have a reckoning over the events of the Eclipse, this story is not over.

Furthermore, I feel that not finishing it goes against the grain of the theme.

Berserk wants to live.

So it shouldn't be allowed to die just because some people don't see a reason for it to continue.

If Miura wouldn't be disappointed by that decision, then he doesn't believe in the very ethos of the series.

He dropped out of college to do this.

He rebelled.

So should Studio Gaga. Against all expectations.

That's it.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Even as an avid fan, I would rather that Berserk not continue. There is a high probability that the series will be ruined.

Sometimes no closure is better than shit closure. I also sympathize with those that want it to continue. I caution them to be careful what they ask for.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Even as an avid fan, I would rather that Berserk not continue. There is a high probability that the series will be ruined.

Sometimes no closure is better than shit closure. I also sympathize with those that want it to continue. I caution them to be careful what they ask for.
People are going to complain. But as I've said, you don't have to read it.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I read that Benioff and Weiss have completed the story ahead of Miura’s books and will be releasing it over two seasons.
Dude, I'd welcome it because we could talk about about it for YEARS.

Might be what keeps this site alive.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Not gonna lie...I'm still bummed about Miura's death. My 'guts' says it should end....but really, I think it needs to continue. It has to. I need to see an end somehow...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
More and more, I'm starting to see a growing sentiment amongst the fan base that the series should continue in the hands if Studio Gaga.

It's an interesting sentiment. Predominantly, most of what I'm seeing is along the lines of accepting that it won't be Miura's vision but also believing that any effort to continue it isn't couched in selfishness but in sentiment and respect for Miura.

Most of these fans understand that it won't be the same. But they also seem to recognize that leaving it unfinished is a tragedy on par with Miura's death.

It should continue. To honor the story, the fans and Miura.

Ate you paying attention, GRRM?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Kenny boy told me how'd it end, beware SPOILERS:

1. Guts kills Griffith.
2. Guts dies too.
3. World is left in ruin but will rebuild.

There you have it. Time to move on. Original author is dead. Anything else is fanfic.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Kenny boy told me how'd it end, beware SPOILERS:

1. Guts kills Griffith.
2. Guts dies too.
3. World is left in ruin but will rebuild.

There you have it. Time to move on. Original author is dead. Anything else is fanfic.
You are free to move on. I'll stick around and actually enjoy the weaving of that 'fabric' if such tailoring is to occur.