Sun Shine / Block Paradise on eBay

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I do not. It's pure selfishness. Just because you paid for the one physical copy in existence doesn't make it morally right to hoard the game. And it's a shame the Neo Geo hasn't seen more of its protos (which we know are out there) released to the public. These lost games should be free and celebrated.
It's a tricky situation, fighting these people has proved futile. At least appealing to their finiteness may actually do something because as we know nothing else will.

I can't personally imagine myself not doing anything and everything to dump a proto I've come to own. These sorts of people don't understand that value.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Still sad that he's sitting on at least one unreleased Toaplan game :crying:
Oh Dynamic Trial 7? Yeah, it sucks that it hasn't been released online. It would be cool seeing M2 releasing that one after acquiring all the Toaplan catalogue but I don't think even the company that has the Toaplan licenses (Masahiro Yuge's Tatsujin) owns the DT7 IP. Same goes for Genkai Chousen Distopia, which is the Magician Lord-style platformer.

Raguy

New Challenger
Thanks to Shou, we can play many unreleased arcade game as wing force and hangzo.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Oh, don’t misunderstand me.
I’m not in any way getting involved or expressing my opinion on anything else he has been involved with. I am merely stating the facts with regards to the interactions which I have had with him personally.

Raguy

New Challenger
Shou is the best contributor of unreleased proto dump for the community theses last ten years. Even if he is sitting on others proto, he shares information with screenshot and videos.
In regard of his past, i'm confident that he will give for mame with donation system, others proto dump.
Billy, you said on neogeocultura interview that proto is not for sale and you will not make the same mistake than ghostlop for the next that you acquired.
If you have another neo geo proto, i would like just to have informations, screenshot and mostly gameplay video. I would be grateful and don't blame you if you don't want to share rom or cartridge sale.
I was happy when you shared gameplay video of last odyssey.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
+1 on Raguy's request - Billy that info would be great! Also, you allude to the fact that one of the development boards you possess had a game on it.

"The proto game contained on the cart itself is of course fully available for trade, but SOLEY in exchange for another proto game and ONLY by following the strict rules outlined in my bounty policies & procedures section."

Would love some more details on that if at all possible.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I respect these individuals personal choice for keeping these games to themselves but for the love of all of us fans... please release them to the public for preservation purposes before you die.

right? I’m still trying to make a deal on the last 3DO M2 prototype I don’t have. All offers refused. Makes no sense to me

I’m still upset I have to deal with this f’ing Hyper proto though lol. Nowhere close to determining the best dumping method for this mess of a cart

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
right? I’m still trying to make a deal on the last 3DO M2 prototype I don’t have. All offers refused. Makes no sense to me

I’m still upset I have to deal with this f’ing Hyper proto though lol. Nowhere close to determining the best dumping method for this mess of a cart
Use it as trade fodder to appease Billy out of the Pitt of protos, so maybe we can get somewhere actually *preserving* another unreleased Neo game.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Use it as trade fodder to appease Billy out of the Pitt of protos, so maybe we can get somewhere actually *preserving* another unreleased Neo game.
Lol. My plan is dump it, release it, sit on it...profit?

nah I like it too much. I’ll keep it vs cashing in one day

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
MAME sadly. I mean MAYBE you could sac a Hyper cart but...yeah don’t do that
If you sourced a corrupted hyper cart I think that would be seen as a reasonable sacrifice, sacrilege but acceptable.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
If you sourced a corrupted hyper cart I think that would be seen as a reasonable sacrifice, sacrilege but acceptable.
quite possible. Thing is the prototype has 96 roms so it would take some engineering to figure out where they all populate onto a typical Hyper pcb. I mean a LOT of them may be straight up blank...nothing says all 96 contain any data.

Or maybe there's assets for a second prototype on there. I mean it's just a flash rom test board so....a man can dream?

honestly though the Hyper carts are SO simple (just giant F'ing rom boards) it should be able to be repro'd by someone who knows what they are doing. Just a whole lotta traces but the connectors still exist on DigiKey so technically doable

geladobom

War Room Troll
Thing is the prototype has 96 roms so it would take some engineering to figure out where they all populate onto a typical Hyper pcb. I mean a LOT of them may be straight up blank...nothing says all 96 contain any data.
hmm... Fun Fun Bros. Block Paradise and Sunshine 3 in 1? Maybe.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Great to see more pics and vids of Block Paradise.

Hopefully this leads to this person dumping and sharing it instead of just giving us one big cocktease.

Raguy

New Challenger
Thanks neo alec for the new videos.
Thanks atomikwave, i'm happy that you shared anothers videos, we can feel the neo geo vibe with this how to play.
Hope that Supergun will post videos if he has a neo geo proto. Ok, you said it's not for sale, but just a video is very welcome.
Block block paradise is perhaps a small game with less meg count, but this neo geo vibe from 1991, is much appreciated and many neo geo users are ready to pay the price .

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Thanks neo alec for the new videos.
Thanks atomikwave, i'm happy that you shared anothers videos, we can feel the neo geo vibe with this how to play.
Hope that Supergun will post videos if he has a neo geo proto. Ok, you said it's not for sale, but just a video is very welcome.
Block block paradise is perhaps a small game with less meg count, but this neo geo vibe from 1991, is much appreciated and many neo geo users are ready to pay the price .
Yeah, I agree as well! It's interesting seeing a unreleased Neo Geo game from 1990-1991.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's funny how this proto has been highly sought after for nearly 30 years, and then randomly someone quietly posts videos of it in action on the net. I'm curious where this ROM came from. On a side note, I hope Shoutime will also help put out some video of Galaxy Force 1 and Vertexer. Grateful for his work/generosity so far.