Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I asked about the NGCD version last week, I was told to expect a update in the next week or 2.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I mean at this point you'd think they could have at least show off some screen shots to show if this even looks different.

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
I mean at this point you'd think they could have at least show off some screen shots to show if this even looks different.
It's hardly comprehensive, but the December 2020 update included a side-by-side comparison of the playfield graphics for the final stage
4717b93a2e7500045783b51523574dcd_original.png

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
It's hardly comprehensive, but the December 2020 update included a side-by-side comparison of the playfield graphics for the final stage
4717b93a2e7500045783b51523574dcd_original.png
Im sure someone is going to be able to point out the differences but they're so subtle i cant tell the difference. Surely if there is one its not a years worth of waiting in difference.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
There is literally nothing different about it aside from some slight lipstick-shade level differences. Some reds are more brown, or vice versa. I don't know what the intent of the comparison was though, maybe that's a good thing

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
To my eye, the filigree on the wall is easier to make out, and the gradient on the reflections on the metal door are rather less linear. Subtle changes, but it's not like they were going to completely rework the artwork; they're just taking advantage of a more capable color palette.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There is literally nothing different about it aside from some slight lipstick-shade level differences. Some reds are more brown, or vice versa. I don't know what the intent of the comparison was though, maybe that's a good thing
THE

FEET

ARE

BEHIND

THE

GRASS

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Max. one or two years. So right around the corner in NGDev time.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Sounds about right. I pre-ordered my MVS cart a couple years ago, what's another year or two? Same thing happened with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and that ended up being awesome. I have high hopes for Xeno Crisis on the Neo, luckily I'm s patient man.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I think things will speed up right now. They just Finished BattleAxe on PS4 and switch probably have more time to finish Xenocrisis.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
They stated on Facebook that all NEO versions are in various states of production. And they are going to post an update soon, so we’ll see...

Mr. Mort

Another Striker

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Hoping it's just my ears, but the music in the Youtube recording doesn't sound that clear and I can't really hear any stereo separation, so I think they just used a recording of the Mega Drive soundtrack for the Neo Geo version rather than reprogramming it for the YM2610. I figured that's what they'd do, but I guess I was hoping for more. I'm keeping hope I'm wrong. Can anyone spot differences in the soundtrack?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
My question is, since there's a price hike for the AES game, will there be another payment required for those of us who pre-ordered at the £199 point?

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Hoping it's just my ears, but the music in the Youtube recording doesn't sound that clear and I can't really hear any stereo separation, so I think they just used a recording of the Mega Drive soundtrack for the Neo Geo version rather than reprogramming it for the YM2610. I figured that's what they'd do, but I guess I was hoping for more. I'm keeping hope I'm wrong. Can anyone spot differences in the soundtrack?
Sounds identical to me. The soundtrack really kicks ass as is. It would be refreshing to hear it reprogrammed for the NG though. I'm sure it's no small feat.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Sounds identical to me. The soundtrack really kicks ass as is. It would be refreshing to hear it reprogrammed for the NG though. I'm sure it's no small feat.
They also hired an external guy to do the soundtrack asking him to redo it would require more budget I guess

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
No it clearly says: "set a new price for the Neo Geo version for all new orders of Xeno Crisis"
But they also gave a discount code for 25% off the 299£ untill 1 of june, that sums up to 220£