eBay's NEW you ship first we pay you later and charge more in fees system

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
OK. I had to pay a lot in fees but at least I got paid instantly via PayPal ... NOW I have to pay more in fees and wait up to five days to get paid. WTF!?
I already KNOW what the solution would be <STOP USING THEM or FIND AN ALTERNATIVE> How about suggestions though.....
The PRO is I like that they are handling the processing and leaving your credit card alone at the end of the month BUT we should all have an eBay account where the money we are left with is instantly placed into your eBay account minus all of the fees where we can then choose to use the eBay money immediately to make purchases or transfer the money to other ebay members in the eBay universe (all business stays in house) or have that option to send it to your BANK account if you wish.
BB

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Is this the managed payments system?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Doesn't this move also protect sellers from the dreaded 6 months later "not as described" return protection most buyer remorse scum abused by changing it back to 30 days?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
At first I was really frustrated with the change, but then they added the option to pay for shipping labels from your pending payouts. That was my only gripe, I shouldn't have to front shipping out of pocket. Anyway it works Ok now... I don't pay paypal fees but I only get paid every Tues (I chose that payout schedule).

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
At first I was really frustrated with the change, but then they added the option to pay for shipping labels from your pending payouts. That was my only gripe, I shouldn't have to front shipping out of pocket. Anyway it works Ok now... I don't pay paypal fees but I only get paid every Tues (I chose that payout schedule).
You better double check your fees because I get charged the usual eBay fees + PayPal fees which have been converted over to eBay processing fees.
Like if I sell an item,eBay is suppposed to take 10% of that sale ,now they get the 10% plus what PayPal charged me in fees and then a tad bit more.
BB

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That is how amazon works.

How quickly does Ebay pay you? With Amazon, you won't get payment for 3 weeks.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
You're not being charged paypal fees, my understanding is they are just taking item fees up front now instead of the end of the month. This has been reflected in my monthly invoice.

I get paid weekly, it's not like Amazon.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That is how amazon works.

How quickly does Ebay pay you? With Amazon, you won't get payment for 3 weeks.
That's foolishness.. Amazon is struggling or something? Take your money and earn interest off of it for three weeks before paying you??
I don't FCK with them,never have and never will.....
Anyway, eBay takes up to five days to pay you BUT because Amazon has a sh88ty setup, am I supposed to be thankful that eBay is going backward in the way they handle transactions?
I was pretty cool with the change because I was like,"eliminating extra fees will offset the waiting period" but TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE of course.
I've provided FREE consultation for eBay in my first post so I'm sure somebody will pass along the suggestion...Thisis the 21st century ,NOBODY should be held up on a payout...Place my money in an eBay purse system and allow me to choose whether I want to transfer the monies to my bank or leave it in the eBay purse.
BB

skate323k137

10 Year Member
I agree in Principe your funds should be available immediately. I settle for weekly payout and its not an inconvenience for me thankfully.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You're not being charged paypal fees, my understanding is they are just taking item fees up front now instead of the end of the month. This has been reflected in my monthly invoice.

I get paid weekly, it's not like Amazon.
I'm going to have to delve into this abit more because I have FREE insertion fees....just final value
BB

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
With amazon, if an institutional buyer has monthly invoicing you won't get payment until up to 6 weeks later.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It sounds like what mercari does as well. Sellers are not released funds until the buyer submits feedback

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
BUT we should all have an eBay account where the money we are left with is instantly placed into your eBay account minus all of the fees where we can then choose to use the eBay money immediately to make purchases or transfer the money to other ebay members in the eBay universe (all business stays in house) or have that option to send it to your BANK account if you wish.
BB

Fucking BINGO!

I have many issue with managed payments but the fact that they have it set up to buy shit with said funds is baffling. Why would a company want to make it so their customers can't spend more money with other internal customers.......therefor netting ebay more money in fee's?

That makes not fucking sense.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've been trying to avoid ebay at all costs. I'm fed up with the ridiculous fees. Not even worth selling anything unless you mark it up alot. Now I'm hearing this nonsense.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
How come more things can't be like New Coke, where the company that made it gets rid of it after an outrage, and apologizes to everyone for ever trying it out? And possibly fires everyone who sold the idea to the board?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You are paying for the convience and protection. You could always go to OfferUp or facebook marketplace, but then you will automatically have to deal with the losses due to scumbags.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
When were the best days of ebay? 2001?
I've been a member on ebay since 02. I don't even recall what the fee system was like back then. If anything it was minimal like cents. Little by little they just kept getting more and more greedy.

People started charging more for shipping at some point to make some extra change to offset the final value fees and eventually ebay got hip to that and started charging fees on shipping. I understand why people mark up their stuff alot. They also add taxes automatically in some states you sell to.

I've been using FB marketplace and forums. So far it's been working for me. I’ve also been avoiding paypal recently as well.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When were the best days of ebay? 2001?

that would have been the beginning of the end. In the late 90's, there was no competition so nearly everything sold (amazon was just beginning to look at 3rd party sellers). You could even make a living selling used paperbacks. There were more people looking to buy shit than there were people putting shit online.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Been on eBay since 1998 when we used to email the seller when we won the auction to get payment details and then send off a money order to get the goods.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Been on eBay since 1998 when we used to email the seller when we won the auction to get payment details and then send off a money order to get the goods.
GAWD... you're old....

xROTx

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOOKER... have a great day!

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Managed Payments will have nothing on the future 1099-K headaches that will effect tons of people that sell online, even if they don't think of themselves as resellers.