Capcom Arcade Stadium

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member

Gigawing, Progear and 1944 look to be a part of this, good shit!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Switch is a vintage gamers best friend.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The seventh seal of the apocalypse has been unsealed. Progear has been ported and is coming to Switch.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Carrier Air Wing getting ported, nice. UN Squadron arcade would be nice too, but I understand they might not have wanted to deal with the anime license.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Great to see cyberbots and progear are coming for it but no no avsp !? Come on now it's on capcom home arcade stick.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I think the licensing with Alien vs Predator has always been an issue that prevented a home release.
Dimahoo would have been nice, but I'll take Progear!

It'll be my 3rd game on Switch after Danmaku3, and Crimzon Clover. I know there are heaps of other good retro games, but even at $8 a pop I'm in no rush to hoard with how little I play these days.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
You think they ported it? Nah man... It's emulation.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I think the licensing with Alien vs Predator has always been an issue that prevented a home release.
Dimahoo would have been nice, but I'll take Progear!

It'll be my 3rd game on Switch after Danmaku3, and Crimzon Clover. I know there are heaps of other good retro games, but even at $8 a pop I'm in no rush to hoard with how little I play these days.
AvsP is on the capcom home arcade stick so i don't see what's prevented it from being on a console.So dunno how they even license it out to a plug'n'play.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Looks like "Capcom Arcade Cabinet" that they released for the PS3 a while back in installments, with a few new roms added to the list

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
AvsP is on the capcom home arcade stick so i don't see what's prevented it from being on a console.So dunno how they even license it out to a plug'n'play.

Part of me thought about buying that crazy looking stick just for avp.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Nothing stopped them. They clearly wanted to sell that ugly stick so AVP was their big seller. I know people are going to be like blah blah blah emulation but what's stopping them from playing on their own arcade stick and emulation box like rpi.

I'll buy all these compilation titles on the cheap like Capcom Beat'Em up Bundle so I have them on the consoles but they make it sound like it's impossible to add all these titles in one bundle. They have to give them to us slowly and milk as much out of one title as they can. I like others own a CPS2 multi so playing these games is easy peasy. Shit, we could play them on raspberry pi or mame. Oooo, they released progear, big shit. Another reason to buy another bundle and they'll keep doing this shit till they wear every single old capcom game out.

Just wait how people will go batshit once they finally release Punisher and C&D.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Nothing stopped them. They clearly wanted to sell that ugly stick so AVP was their big seller. I know people are going to be like blah blah blah emulation but what's stopping them from playing on their own arcade stick and emulation box like rpi.

I'll buy all these compilation titles on the cheap like Capcom Beat'Em up Bundle so I have them on the consoles but they make it sound like it's impossible to add all these titles in one bundle. They have to give them to us slowly and milk as much out of one title as they can. I like others own a CPS2 multi so playing these games is easy peasy. Shit, we could play them on raspberry pi or mame. Oooo, they released progear, big shit. Another reason to buy another bundle and they'll keep doing this shit till they wear every single old capcom game out.

Just wait how people will go batshit once they finally release Punisher and C&D.

Maybe if everyone stopped buying this shit they'd stop pumping out the roms year after year. SNK, I'm looking at you too.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Maybe if everyone stopped buying this shit they'd stop pumping out the roms year after year. SNK, I'm looking at you too.

That’s really all these comps are- a little bit prettier mame on a console. They’re not going to stop or improve anything because people keep buying. I’ve saved a lot lately by not renting anything I already own- the majority of these games have already been ported to ps2/Xbox/PSP.

The last straw for me was that Konami collection on the switch. That felt like lazily ported mame.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'm willing to buy each vintage (not retro) game I truly care about once on Steam or GOG and once on Switch. I want to support the IP holders, but I'm not going to get bent over for the privilege. I don't feel entitled to play the things that are not available, but I do feel annoyed that they aren't.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yeah word, that's my basic feeling too ^^^. Happy to support, but not indefinitely. If you're willing to pony up some cash and a bit of effort, these games are all playable in perfect form.

Also, I really hate the term retro... Why and when the hell did that become a thing?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member

I guess it comes down to for capcom,milk these compilations for every last drop.Before they ever touch releasing license games again.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
In case anyone is interested, vanilla Street Fighter II is free for Capcom Arcade Stadium on all platforms right now. Not sure of the expiration date on the promotion.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
In case anyone is interested, vanilla Street Fighter II is free for Capcom Arcade Stadium on all platforms right now. Not sure of the expiration date on the promotion.

The art style was hilarious back then. I'm glad they revisited it in SFII: CE/Hyper then messed it up for SSF2/x