trump is pretty much attempting a coup

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Quite frankly, trump is attempting a coup. It may be ham-fisted, and not fit neatly with what a coup classically looks like, but it's an attempt nonetheless.

Shame on the Republican party as a whole for tacitly supporting this. They need to come get their man, and shut this shit down.

(If you get paywalled trying to view the article, open it in an incognito tab.)

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...inept-and-deadly-serious-coup-attempt/617309/

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Uhhh yeah it's been obvious he has been attempting a coup since the election was called. He won't get anywhere though.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you said that 9 months ago, you would have been accused of having TDS.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Shame on the Republican party as a whole for tacitly supporting this. They need to come get their man, and shut this shit down.

They know the longer he runs out this hissy, the worse he comes out of it, and the less chance he mounts a serious run in 2024 (if he isn't already dead by then). They don't want him, so they're willing to ride out two more months to let him sink himself.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
They know the longer he runs out this hissy, the worse he comes out of it, and the less chance he mounts a serious run in 2024 (if he isn't already dead by then). They don't want him, so they're willing to ride out two more months to let him sink himself.

Sounds about right. But I am still worried about the new appointments and possible graft of state secrets to foreign powers that he may be engaged in. Diplomatic quid pro quos, and giving property rights to exploitative mining and deforestation firms in what were once national parks.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Biden's first executive order should be to shut off trump's access to the daily brief.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Attempting to subvert an election via legal methods isn't really how coups are done. When he busts out the long knives, then we'll talk.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Attempting to subvert an election via legal methods isn't really how coups are done. When he busts out the long knives, then we'll talk.

A coup d'etat doesn't have to be accomplished through violent means. And as an attempt, this fits pretty much every other requirement. The exciting news is that he only has to hold onto power illegally for 7 days for it to be considered a successful coup d'etat. Another USA first!

But Trump may have miscalculated, because his attempt is going to miss sweeps week by at least a month in either direction. What a waste.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just remember: The republican leaders implicitly or explicitly trying to overturn the election are the same people that 9 months ago that denounced impeachment on the predicate that the voters should decide these things.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Just remember: The republican leaders implicitly or explicitly trying to overturn the election are the same people that 9 months ago that denounced impeachment on the predicate that the voters should decide these things.

I would be so happy if Trump imploded the Republican party. But, people have the attention span of gnats.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What's the other option, genius? Kill 'em all? Leaving ethics completely aside for the moment, when historically has that ever worked?

Simple case of the iterated prisoner's dilemma.

Forgiving strategies do not work while the opponent continues to defect. The Republicans by way of their actions post-election show no will to co-operate.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What's the other option, genius? Kill 'em all? Leaving ethics completely aside for the moment, when historically has that ever worked?

Unity is for pussies and libtards.

That is the way they think.

I don't have the answer how to save a people who have been brainwashed into thinking liberals kill babies for fun.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm all for Unity.

But there can be no Unity republicans who refuse to admit that Joe Biden is going to be the steward of the whitehouse.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
But the fraud, Norton.

The Fraud!

They have the widespread fraud on film, there is a global conspiracy, Trump is going to expose the blah blah blah.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Trump is going to make NESTS great again by making clones of Kinta Kokuin. Kim Jong Un is fucked (Kim Kaphwan too)!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Trump is going to make NESTS great again by making clones of Kinta Kokuin. Kim Jong Un is fucked (Kim Kaphwan too)!

This man knows the truth! If you dye Zero's hair blonde and make him a little fatter I mean it's trump!

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I can't believe the amount of shenanigans going on... Fully expecting a proud virgin revolution later today. Seriously curious to know how these chump fan clowns are able to fancy themselves patriots while literally trying to subvert the constitution.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It helps that none of these guys care about or understand the constitution, and that their concept of patriotism is a misconstruction of dominating others.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I can't believe the amount of shenanigans going on... Fully expecting a proud virgin revolution later today. Seriously curious to know how these chump fan clowns are able to fancy themselves patriots while literally trying to subvert the constitution.

Because they believe there is a (global) conspiracy to get Trump out of the White House. The election was rigged by the DC Cabal and the election was stolen. Trump is the rightful winner and it is they who are defending the constitution and the legitimacy of our democracy.

Have you ever talked to someone who is truly irrational?

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Because they believe there is a (global) conspiracy to get Trump out of the White House.
The funniest part is that I think a lot of them don't actually believe that, but they are having so much fun pretending to believe it. Not all of them, obviously. There are some legit dummies. But I think a lot of those proud boy dorks in particular enjoy the chaos that comes from pretending they are living in interesting times where they might actually be called on to step up and fight for "freedom". For them, I don't think it's delusion so much as make-believe. High stakes LARPing.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I agree that there are many who support Trump simply because he has either directly or indirectly furthered their own crazy agenda.

I’m having a hard time understanding why anyone would take a bullet for Trump. Fuck Biden (amirite?) but...Trump? Come on.