NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Emulated on FBNeo :

3zn8Z2i.png
X1Nnymu.png

siHf9U0.png
4oohBIz.png

Does it running on FBNeo a different demonstration than it running on Winkawaks?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That sucks. I was hoping they did an actual translation in the rom. I knew that was too much to hope for. What's left in this game for non-Japanese speakers then?

JacKc

Quiz Detective
Not tested on Winkawaks so can't tell if it has a different demonstration. The emulated ROM contains unmodified datas other than to make them standard roms.

And yes the story mode is only available for Japanese. No data for story mode in English in the rom. As SNK does not have any code source, i think it was to complicated to do an actual translation in the ROM.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
That sucks. I was hoping they did an actual translation in the rom. I knew that was too much to hope for. What's left in this game for non-Japanese speakers then?

Well, if it's being appended in real time to the ROM, then presumably you could make a hacked ROM with that translation inserted in place of the JP assets, right?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Well, if it's being appended in real time to the ROM, then presumably you could make a hacked ROM with that translation inserted in place of the JP assets, right?
Yep, good luck with that. The story mode on SSV has also been begging for a translation patch for years, but no one who knows about that stuff has picked it up.

RondoX

n00b
Yep, good luck with that. The story mode on SSV has also been begging for a translation patch for years, but no one who knows about that stuff has picked it up.

Actually there is a version of SSV out there that is patched with the original Xbox release's translation if you are looking for one.

In either Super2xSaI or SuperEagle at 50% scanlines SSVS Perfect looks fantastic in NeoRageX as well!

MANY THANKS to SNK for finally releasing this, to Epic Games for putting it on their platform for free, and to everyone who helped & worked tirelessly getting this data extracted and formatted.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

What I meant is that if the hack is being performed in the Neo binaries itself on the fly, and NOT in the emulation layer, then you could presumably take a snapshot of the emulator's RAM and extract the portions of the hacked ROM binaries out of it, then rebuild the ROM with those parts overwriting portions of the "clean" ROM.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Actually there is a version of SSV out there that is patched with the original Xbox release's translation if you are looking for one.
Sounds fantastic. Please tell us where we can find it.

What I meant is that if the hack is being performed in the Neo binaries itself on the fly, and NOT in the emulation layer, then you could presumably take a snapshot of the emulator's RAM and extract the portions of the hacked ROM binaries out of it, then rebuild the ROM with those parts overwriting portions of the "clean" ROM.
Interesting point.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

Someone on another forum is doing just that, but it's not working out. That's how I actually built the encrypted P1 ROM for the game. Searched in RAM when the emulator was running and some of the P1 data was there. I overwrote the original SSVS P1 with the new data and it turned out to be the Perfect/Final Edition P1. People are now working on the new logo and story mode in English, but so far there hasn't been anything working from the data pulled from RAM.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
RondoX is right, there is an English hack for Samurai Shodown V floating around out there. It's called samsho5x, and it seems to only work right in MVS mode. It even works on the NeoSD.

Burning Fight, I guess an English patch for Perfect could be more a possibility than I thought. That would be amazing.

JacKc

Quiz Detective
// Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (hack of XBOX version) [samsho5x]

8VQRf2n.png
tYIoBcQ.png

l0jqmfL.png
Cxkpazj.png

ZhDGyxh.png
Tp6UdMn.png

Boss and a story mode availables. Works only in MVS.

This is "extracted" from XBOX version. It is not a homemade hack. The datas are already in the ROM...and like samsh5fe, it is a decrypted version.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
RondoX is right, there is an English hack for Samurai Shodown V floating around out there. It's called samsho5x, and it seems to only work right in MVS mode. It even works on the NeoSD.

Yeah, I've had it ever since the NeoSD release. Whoever made a complete NeoSD-ready set put it there. I've only ever played it on MVS, but if I'm remembering things right, it was showing some very slight glitching, perhaps during the translated dialogue scenes. I don't remember exactly.

RondoX

n00b

Burning Fight, I guess an English patch for Perfect could be more a possibility than I thought. That would be amazing.

Hey Alec,

Glad you found it! I had no idea people were looking for this.
Guys you indeed want samsho5x.zip It shouldn't be too hard to source.

The new SSVS Perfect logo looks SO much better. Excellent work!

Last edited:

ErFava

n00b
I don't believe to view on mame.... i suppose it will happen only after 2/3 years and when the official rom surface....

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thanks for your availability Digmac, before the offer of the Epic Games Store expired, I managed to purchase a copy of this collection and wanted to ask you how I can extrapolate the files contained within inside of the game.

By opening the folder contained on the hard disk, the heaviest elements occupy more than 10 GB and they are all in 'mbundle' format: the things I was most interested in were the interviews, the gallery images and the on development information.

Let me know, bye.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This can only be played in AES mode using uni-bios?
When I switch to MVS,I get the red warninig notice.

BB

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I don't believe to view on mame.... i suppose it will happen only after 2/3 years and when the official rom surface....

I could play the first dump on mame by just renaming the files so mame would still think it ran a samsh5sp rom.
Now that the rom hack seems to be completed i cant make it run on mame any longer due wrong crcs. Seems to play fine on fbneo though.

kogami

n00b
Digmac could you share with us all the illustrations that are in the game?

It would be very nice of you :)

I keep all its archives in my PC because I collect them

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Digmac could you share with us all the illustrations that are in the game?

It would be very nice of you :)

I keep all its archives in my PC because I collect them

Do the work yourself :)