Samurai Shodown V Perfect/Final Edition extracted data

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I suppose it's obvious why there's no new NGH number. SNKP wasn't aware of the game, so they couldn't issue it a new number. Had the game been released, presumably it would have been given a new number.

So this ROM data shares the same NGH# as SSVS? Doesn't surprise me. Apparently according to the collection history page only 3 people were working on SSVPerfect the same time SSVI was in development.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So it’s running on mister but there’s still
Something missing. The logo only shows special - where were the perfect png files located? Like which file?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
NeoCverA, can you PM me and share your work? I’m struggling with things still and can’t get things running.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
samsh5sp000.pngsamsh5sp001.png

I got the P1 ROM of Perfect/Final Edition working. Here is a download of it.
https://rb.gy/uuwjqe

I'll update the first post to include this. Other people have got the C ROMs, which I don't have at the moment. The C ROM files are needed to get story mode graphics working. This P1 ROM still gets the gist of Perfect running. Perfect also has practice mode, which makes me believe it was built from the fixed AES romset of SSVS.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
You guys are really awesome! Im impressed how fast things go.
Thank you so much! Hopefully the complete rom will be soon playable

PS I think both fixed and unfixed versions have a practice mode

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
View attachment 56921View attachment 56920

I got the P1 ROM of Perfect/Final Edition working. Here is a download of it.
https://rb.gy/uuwjqe

I'll update the first post to include this. Other people have got the C ROMs, which I don't have at the moment. The C ROM files are needed to get story mode graphics working. This P1 ROM still gets the gist of Perfect running. Perfect also has practice mode, which makes me believe it was built from the fixed AES romset of SSVS.

Good going. What are you using to test the roms?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Good going. What are you using to test the roms?

I'm using the WinKawaks emulator since its really lightweight and easy to use. Just swap the P1 on the normal SSVS MVS romset to get this working.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So the concern is the encryption/decryption process on emulators in order to launch the game. Isn’t there a way to just instruct the emulator NOT to do all that and just run the rom as it is?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
So the concern is the encryption/decryption process on emulators in order to launch the game. Isn’t there a way to just instruct the emulator NOT to do all that and just run the rom as it is?

No because MAME based emulators are convoluted pieces of shit

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
CBA40199-27EC-4594-A5E0-89B4E9C5F719.jpeg
5EC07E9A-34FC-484F-9135-9EA2E53803DC.jpeg

And I’ve got it running on real hardware using my NeoSD AES. Seeing it run on the Neo Geo is so much more impactful than the SS Collection. I’m glad it doesn’t have their redone logo either. It’s got the original logo Yuki made from the location test.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Apparently they have it working on Final Burn Alpha

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Apparently they have it working on Final Burn Alpha

Yeah. I'm having issues with the script to extract the C ROM data from the .swizzled file for Final Edition. If I could get that C ROM data, then I could probably whip up a complete, working .neo file. So close yet so far.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
It works on MAME as well doing the proper file renaming. Got it running in my cab and looking great.
Looking forward to these C roms to complete it!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Yeah. I'm having issues with the script to extract the C ROM data from the .swizzled file for Final Edition. If I could get that C ROM data, then I could probably whip up a complete, working .neo file. So close yet so far.

Rock on dude we believe! :)

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Is there a hands on impression list or something that y’all recommend? I know the devs didn’t have access to any change log- so I’m curious to what all is different on there.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Just to give a progress update on this, I now have a complete Perfect/Final Edition .neo file running on NeoSD carts. This new .neo that I built today has all of the data from Perfect/Final Edition, not just the P1 ROM that I posted earlier. It is the full, original ROM that Yuki originally developed and used at the location test. The new story mode works in Japanese but doesn't in English. Why? Because the Samurai Shodown Collection is doing some real time edits to the Final Edition ROM to make the story mode work in English. Yuki never originally made the story mode work fully in US/Euro mode. Same with the logo for the game when running in the SS Collection. It's being appended into the game in real time. That's why the original ROM data for Perfect/Final Edition is different than what actually runs in the SS Collection.

Anyways, I guess you could say mission complete. The original Samurai Spirits Zero Special Final Edition is now fully dumped and running on real hardware! Again, here are pictures of the new .neo that I compiled today, the full Final Edition ROM. Note the new background on the start screen thanks to the Final Edition C ROMs.

DnnuYjL.jpg

ltrvuVm.jpg

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Just to give a progress update on this, I now have a complete Perfect/Final Edition .neo file running on NeoSD carts. This new .neo that I built today has all of the data from Perfect/Final Edition, not just the P1 ROM that I posted earlier. It is the full, original ROM that Yuki originally developed and used at the location test. The new story mode works in Japanese but doesn't in English. Why? Because the Samurai Shodown Collection is doing some real time edits to the Final Edition ROM to make the story mode work in English. Yuki never originally made the story mode work fully in US/Euro mode. Same with the logo for the game when running in the SS Collection. It's being appended into the game in real time. That's why the original ROM data for Perfect/Final Edition is different than what actually runs in the SS Collection.

Anyways, I guess you could say mission complete. The original Samurai Spirits Zero Special Final Edition is now fully dumped and running on real hardware! Again, here are pictures of the new .neo that I compiled today, the full Final Edition ROM. Note the new background on the start screen thanks to the Final Edition C ROMs.

DnnuYjL.jpg

ltrvuVm.jpg

:buttrock::buttrock:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I'm not going to be sharing the .neo publicly at this point in time. I'm still debating on if I want to or not, and how I'll go about it.