Miisalo's retrogaming room(s)

miisalo

Astra Superstar
You guys have probably seen most of my stuff in my meeting pics, but here is anyway some updates to my stuff.

Let's start with my main gaming room / hackerspace and the arcade section.

IMG_0010.jpeg

These are my current cabinets.

IMG_5923.jpeg

Naomi Universal with Naomi and also Jamma converter + scaler currently running Neo Geo. Another Naomi Universal with atomiswave inside it. OK Baby candy cab in Neo Geo use also.

IMG_5924.jpeg

Euro Neo Geo 6 slot cabinet and OutRun.

IMG_0028.jpeg

Some of the systems I can use with the cabs.

IMG_5887.jpeg

I don't much collect games, I use multicarts, flashcarts etc, but I have aquired few MVS cartridges

IMG_5934.jpeg

Here you can see my supergun station, I'm currently using B&O MX4000 as tated. Next to it is JVC broadcast monitor ready to be used with different systems.

You can also see some of my computers. Under those Commodore PETs, there are actually some systems that you probably know, X68000 pro and FM Towns II. But more about computers in my next post.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Great assortment of cabinets. If your cave was a arcade I would spend lots of quarters or euros or yen.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Still in my main gaming room / hackerspace, the computers section and my repairing corner.

IMG_5892.jpeg

I have tried to put out most of my computers here. I mainly collect and use Commodore's, so I have most of the 8 bit and 16/32 bit commodores, tried to even collect different sub models. But there are other computers there too, example hidden in the corner there is X68000 compact and I have lot of MSX computers. I have also stored stuff like tens of different joysticks, disk drives etc under the table.

IMG_5894.jpeg

Closer look of the computers. I have stored some of them in the other room and I have over 70 computers total.

IMG_5893.jpeg

The corner. This is where I spend most of my time repairing and tinkering with stuff. Leica, JBC, Quick, Hakko etc equipment there.

Next room in post later, I need to get some sleep.

Last edited:

TLKrauser

n00b
very nice piece of games, I am impressed by the computer corner! it feels like a museum!
I have a little crush on your OUTRUN, so many memories ... and lost coins ....
:cool:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
And now to the next room, this is my home dojo that acts as temporary gaming room for meetings and where I also storage most of my consoles and spare stuff.

dojogaming1.jpeg

Normally I setup row of computers here and set my spare projector for gaming too.

dojogaming2.jpeg

There is also 46" tv that I can use both normally and "tated"

dojogaming3.jpeg

Everything in action.

dojostorage.jpeg

Behind the curtains, I keep my spare stuff. Lots of PVMs and other CRTs, components, spare computers in the right (there are computers in those banana boxes too), some games. Some consoles like FM towns marty etc.

dojostorage2.jpeg

This shelf is for consoles not in in use currently. All together I think I have about 60 gaming consoles including modern consoles and my CMVSes

Still one actual gaming room to go but I'll do that later.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
What’s the shelf holding the scaler for the NAOMI Universal? Something you bought, or made?

miisalo

Astra Superstar
What’s the shelf holding the scaler for the NAOMI Universal? Something you bought, or made?

I made it. It is just MDF. glue and screws painted white.

17449199280_bfeabd77c6_c.jpg

17636791665_40e946b399_c.jpg

17453037880_0efbd5f79a_c.jpg

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Very nice. I like the use of space. What kind of JAMMA to JVS setup is that?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I saw these on imgur recently, but also I think that you've posted them here before anyways.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Very nice. I like the use of space. What kind of JAMMA to JVS setup is that?

It is the Konami's Jamma to JVS converter and that xrgb-3. Second naomi has jamma harness.

I saw these on imgur recently, but also I think that you've posted them here before anyways.

Same pictures are in imgur and some older pictures has been in my meeting threads, but there are some new ones here as I get new stuff every month :D

Oh look, $40,000 in Neo games... :keke:

It was you trolling in the imgur? :D

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I wouldn't mind visiting for a few hours and checking it out but owning all that for me would be depressing. It's just a huge fuckoad of fuck. :lolz: Just endless repairs and dusting.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Love it! Thanks for sharing. I'd spend days in there just rummaging around. lol.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
It was you trolling in the imgur? :D

I was posting in those comments, yes. I told the retard that made the $40k comment that he was looking at the wrong Neo Geo carts (AES and not MVS). And I also made the comment about needing to come to a winter meat. Because if Quan can deal with the cold I should be able to figure out how to deal with flying out there.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I was posting in those comments, yes. I told the retard that made the $40k comment that he was looking at the wrong Neo Geo carts (AES and not MVS). And I also made the comment about needing to come to a winter meat. Because if Quan can deal with the cold I should be able to figure out how to deal with flying out there.

Hah, I thought you were trolling that 40k on games comment. But yeah, people are retard. And you should easily cope here. South is not that cold during the winter and it's all about clothes anyway. Long johns and good winter jacket and boots and temperature does not matter. If you come, I'll plan 2 days gaming meeting, maybe I have then time to play too, normally most of my time goes in hosting the meeting :D

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Because if Quan can deal with the cold I should be able to figure out how to deal with flying out there.

Excellent. I've been able to withstand 70 degree weather with only a light jacket now.

If you come, I'll plan 2 days gaming meeting, maybe I have then time to play too, normally most of my time goes in hosting the meeting :D

Make it 3. Several other neo members and myself have 2 conventions worth of travel credit we need to use up. Another pilgrimage is in order.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Hah, I thought you were trolling that 40k on games comment. But yeah, people are retard. And you should easily cope here. South is not that cold during the winter and it's all about clothes anyway. Long johns and good winter jacket and boots and temperature does not matter. If you come, I'll plan 2 days gaming meeting, maybe I have then time to play too, normally most of my time goes in hosting the meeting :D

Oh, cold is fine by me. I don't fly very well though. My flight out to MGC last year didn't go so well for me. Which is odd as last I'd flown to the Philippines I did fine.

Quan doesn't do cold. Which is why I was saying if he could make it work with the cold I should try to make it work with flying

Excellent. I've been able to withstand 70 degree weather with only a light jacket now.

LIES!

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Make it 3. Several other neo members and myself have 2 conventions worth of travel credit we need to use up. Another pilgrimage is in order.

Better start planning then. Summer meAting would be kind of nice, because BBQ and the city blooms in the summer, but of course we need to get you freezing, so winter is ok too :D

Oh, cold is fine by me. I don't fly very well though.

I feel you. My back is always killing me when flying.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
And today I bought another naomi universal so I selling that Ok Baby cabinet to have space for it. I probably get it next weekend, so maybe pictures then. And i still need to show one more room.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
So finally ok baby is sold and also Naomis - also the new one - are set in place. There is/was bit issue with one chassis / monitor, but there is nothing that taking things apart and cleaning connections cant solve :)

Here is the new cabinet setup cabinets.jpg