Hello there.

I'm from the UK. During this lockdown I've managed to get a bit of personal time with my console collection in between looking after my daughter. With regards neo geo, I have a ngpc, a neo cd top loader and I have a cmvs from good old aliexpress. Is it worth buying an aes as well? If so where would you recommend getting it from? Any help much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Oh and I have a neo geo gold x but I imagine that's a fairly offensive thing to own!

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Well, hello there
My it's been a long, long time
How am I doin'?
Oh, I guess that I'm doin' fine
It's been so long now but it seems now
That it was only yesterday
Gee, ain't it funny how time slips away

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Don't be offended here but don't take it in your stride either! Welcome to a world where the 80's never stopped.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I'm from the UK. During this lockdown I've managed to get a bit of personal time with my console collection in between looking after my daughter. With regards neo geo, I have a ngpc, a neo cd top loader and I have a cmvs from good old aliexpress. Is it worth buying an aes as well? If so where would you recommend getting it from? Any help much appreciated.

You’ve already got an mvs so you’re good to go if you just want to play the games. Welcome :buttrock:

Don't be offended here but don't take it in your stride either! Welcome to a world where the 80's never stopped.
Amazing. Don't worry I'm not easily offended. I can take an insult. I was born in the 80s so I hope it'll feel like home! Any suggestion about where the best place to get an aes is?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Amazing. Don't worry I'm not easily offended. I can take an insult. I was born in the 80s so I hope it'll feel like home! Any suggestion about where the best place to get an aes is?

Where to get an aes? Japan.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Coming from maintaining cabinets, monitors and boards, Japan would be the best option. Anything listed as 'junk' or unconfirmed operation is basically a gamble but what could honestly be wrong? home console boards don't have batteries that leak. It's a good bet and even if it doesn't work out it's a fun fault finding adventure.

Coming from maintaining cabinets, monitors and boards, Japan would be the best option. Anything listed as 'junk' or unconfirmed operation is basically a gamble but what could honestly be wrong? home console boards don't have batteries that leak. It's a good bet and even if it doesn't work out it's a fun fault finding adventure.
Yes I got a fm towns marty from there last year. Just needed a capacitor change and it's working good as new.

The junk console above says scrambled graphics. Any idea what that's likely to be?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
You don't look so well dude

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Everyone here bought those NES mini romboxes so I don't see why anyone would hate on the NGX.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
An AES?

Rob a bank then buy one prob the easiest bet, Then rob another to buy a game or 2 :D

I decided to go for a CMVS instead much cheaper and more easily obtainable.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
buy a garbage aes case and put the top of it on your cmvs.. dont mod or anything just sort of rest it on there...should do the trick?

or do the same with the x thingy..just mod whatever the case says a little..like with cigarette burns?

I hope you uk guys do ok after not having implemented the life saving qurantin fast enough. this is a good learning experience for the children

Last edited:
buy a garbage aes case and put the top of it on your cmvs.. dont mod or anything just sort of rest it on there...should do the trick?

or do the same with the x thingy..just mod whatever the case says a little..like with cigarette burns?

I hope you uk guys do ok after not having implemented the life saving qurantin fast enough. this is a good learning experience for the children
Ha advice noted. I should be OK, I could see what was coming so I'm on to my third week of quarantine with my wife and daughter so there's no chance that we have it. What country are you from?