SOTM March 2020 Voting Thread

Which game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Hello shooting fans! SOTM returns for March with a tasty selection of shooters that cover the gamut of classic 90s goodness. A rare console exclusive, a hori, a Neo Geo option (because obviously) and of course a CAVE game round out your choices this month.

Get your votes in or quit your whining when Kid Panda beats your ass.

The games:

Summer Carnival 92’: Recca
Yagawa’s 8-bit masterpiece pushes the little Famicom to its limits in terms of enemy and bullet count. A banging soundtrack to boot rounds out a solid package in a tiny cart. Available on the Nintendo eShop, or as a rom on your favourite flash cart.

Tengai/Sengoku Blade
Classic Psikyo goodness, except this time in hori form. If you like big boobies, the attract mode of this game has you covered.

Viewpoint
The #1 isometric shooter on Neo Geo, ViewPoint will get you dancing at your big red to the smooth jazzy sounds. Fire up your NeoSD before a firmware update turns it to dust, and blast away!

Dangun Feveron
Heaven is here inside my SOTM! Everyone’s favourite disco themed chump returns in this months token CAVE entry. Recently released as part of M2’s Shottriggers series means everyone will get a chance to play this fast paced vertical shooter. Be warned: simply making it onto the score board will take nerves of steel.

Last edited:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I recently got Dangun Feveron on my PS4. I got it not long after my LRG Battle Garegga arrived.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I dunno. It’s not on the same tier as other Cave offerings from that era, but it’s not terrible. The discoman scoring mechanic is pretty unique (and ruthless), and mixed with the speed killing incentive leads to some very fast paced action. Pair it all with that groovy disco soundtrack and you have a game that’s easily worth a few credits.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Is she supposed to be the same character as in Sengoku Ace? Some major implants going on. For science!

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Viewpoint is fucking difficult, I never got past that fucking crab.

+1 Sengoku Blade, I got that one on Saturn.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Fever SOS is obnoxiously hard to make in on the score board. Don't think I've ever done it.

That game was a couple scoring tweaks away from being very good. But the unforgiving system and fact that it's not possible to track scores ruins it for me.

I went for Recca. Like that game, and have been meaning to get better

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Fever SOS is obnoxiously hard to make in on the score board. Don't think I've ever done it.

That game was a couple scoring tweaks away from being very good. But the unforgiving system and fact that it's not possible to track scores ruins it for me.

I went for Recca. Like that game, and have been meaning to get better

Agreed but I love it. If the scoreboard was better that’s my major complaint.

I can’t do polls on my phone but I got Dangun as primary and Recca as a secondary for the month

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yeah it’s really too bad the default score table on Dangun is so high. Zak made a rom hack that changes the 5th place score to 1 which solves the problem if you’re an emulator, but not sure if it’s cool to distribute it.

Anyways, last chance for votes today! I’ll make the gaming thread later tonight.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Yeah it’s really too bad the default score table on Dangun is so high. Zak made a rom hack that changes the 5th place score to 1 which solves the problem if you’re an emulator, but not sure if it’s cool to distribute it.

Anyways, last chance for votes today! I’ll make the gaming thread later tonight.
Where would one obtain that?