Exa-arcadia, the new neo geo?

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
bulbousbeard's bullshit posts really liven up this place. :lolz:
Reminds me of the "Neo-Geo is the K-Mart CPS2" argument.

As I already covered, CPS hardware was budget crapola too. Neither SNK nor Capcom made bleeding edge arcade hardware. Namco and Sega had the monopoly on that, more or less. But budget 90s arcade hardware is still more capable than something like the Genesis.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Bulbous bro, relaaaax. Let go of the hate.

Here, enjoy a pic of LoneSage’s wife, courtesy of neo_moe.

View attachment 58074

Last edited:

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Bulbous bro, relaaaax. Let go of the hate.

Here, enjoy a pic of LoneSage’s wife, courtesy of neo_moe.

View attachment 58074

Enjoy a picture of 10 player Final Fight courtesy of me.

unknown.png

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Cool pic bro, but I prefer looking at Sage’s wife.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Bulbous Beard is like a Brian Posehn freak-out skit but for real.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I watched this vid of games for the eXA-Arcadia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kY5bQGTi8U. There's actually a fighting game of religious figures (Buddha, Jesus, Zeus)!!!!!! WOW. Talk about pushing the envelope. I actually thought to myself of a video game like this years ago i.e what if some company actually made a game like this with characters like Moses, Buddha, Jesus etc. I can't believe a game is actually coming out for it. Wonder how much of a hoopla it's going to raise with the various religious denominations.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I watched this vid of games for the eXA-Arcadia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kY5bQGTi8U. There's actually a fighting game of religious figures (Buddha, Jesus, Zeus)!!!!!! WOW. Talk about pushing the envelope. I actually thought to myself of a video game like this years ago i.e what if some company actually made a game like this with characters like Moses, Buddha, Jesus etc. I can't believe a game is actually coming out for it. Wonder how much of a hoopla it's going to raise with the various religious denominations.

I think I remember an old New Grounds flash game with a similar theme too. That “Fight of the Gods” game shown in the footage has been out for a few years on pc, switch, ps4, etc. It didn’t seem to stir up a big amount of controversy even when it hit the nintendo switch so maybe people are less bothered by this sort of thing these days.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I think I remember an old New Grounds flash game with a similar theme too. That “Fight of the Gods” game shown in the footage has been out for a few years on pc, switch, ps4, etc. It didn’t seem to stir up a big amount of controversy even when it hit the nintendo switch so maybe people are less bothered by this sort of thing these days.

Ok, thanks. Didn't know it's been out already on other systems. I'm not into the scene like I used to be. But I guess it makes sense as you see Jesus on Family Guy and South Park and it seems to be accepted without an uproar. So how much more in a video game.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
love the idea of it ... but in practice, I suppose the real test is if it can stick it for the longs haul, and these days that probably means upgrades and getting new games (even if small) developed/ported to it regularly to keep up engagement .... I think it's unrealistic to expect it to be host to a killer app these days - too much competition... BUT it's great to have a platform that encourages arcade-style games to be developed in the first place. It is good to see it is getting support/traction, and it is exciting to see these smaller games getting made for it - each pretty unique and all arcade - no compromised .... but unfortunately if I play any then it'll be a case of if/when they are ported out...

A true neo geo equivilant these days would be some kind of nvidia wunder box... using kind of existing stuff -like arm and their graphics chips - in a novel way... with great looking games kind of funded/done/licensed directly .... it could happen, but its not on any roadmap I know of .... and if it was then it'd probably be more likely to be a stadia/AWS type thing streaming to your phone rather than an actual box you own ... :/

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
Last month, Paul Jacobs former president & COO of SNK (1986-1992) known to bring the Neo Geo MVS into the U.S. took office as Head Sales of Exa-Arcadia. He has a strong background in Arcade industry.
Let’s see what he will bring to this company. Don’t expect any games on Neo Geo platform.

fucked_king

New Challenger
Last month, Paul Jacobs former president & COO of SNK (1986-1992) known to bring the Neo Geo MVS into the U.S. took office as Head Sales of Exa-Arcadia. He has a strong background in Arcade industry.
Let’s see what he will bring to this company. Don’t expect any games on Neo Geo platform.

This is great news. Hope he brings over some of the other former employees, or at least developers who are longtime fans of classic SNK.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
Most of the staff at SNK USA was in sales/customer service oriented and business operations/administration.
You had few tech guys but there were here to answer to a manufacturing issue for instance (mvs cartridge, cabinet...). I guess some of them are retired or are working in another industry.

The brains and developers were in Japan.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
One of the biggest challenge (like any businesses) is to scale a product or service to the mass market.
Here we have another issue: doing a new product with old stuffs. Not sure it’s gonna be profitable in the long term.