Arcade1up better than real cabs?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah I'd consider buying one on clearance for under $100 just to screw around with but the idea that they're somehow better than real cabs is hilarious. They're like one step above buying those Pandora's Box in a fight stick things that have overrun ebay. Ultimately, they're for "mancaves" and sad MetalJesus types.

The real horror is this hipster bullshit.

I agree. No way do these compare to a real cab.

I guess if you could get them on sale for under $100 it might be worth it to mod but the size is a little bit of a turn off. Either make them full size or make it a bartop.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I have been able to find these at my local Walmart for $75.00 as there is no market in my area for these. I have been happy with what they are but you will be working on these as much as a real cab as these are not built to last. Each series gets better and better as Tastemakers is finding out that people are willing to pay more for quality arcade parts. Everything that was wrong with the Street Fighter Cab was fixed with the Mortal Kombat cab and the Marvel Super Heroes is supposed to be even better. Biggest gripe I have is the limited games selection like the Final Fight cab should have had 8 to 10 Capcom Arcade titles for $300.00 and the Street Fighter cab should have been the whole Street Fighter collection. I can't get a Candy Cab in my area after 20 years of looking so one of these and a Pandora's Box 4 works out good.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
For the casual game player who doesn't care about quality this is for them. It takes time to seek out real hardware/cabs or even building this stuff from scratch. It's just a convenient way for everyone else. I'd rather not game if it comes down to this.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I have real cabs, so I can’t go for a “downgrade” so to speak. I’ll check out their Facebook group though just to see what it’s all about.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Dude, look at the warranty prices as well. What a RIP off. You could probably import a vewlix cabinet from Japan for much cheaper.

You could have 4 working candy cabs shipped to your door for the price of that hunk of shit.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Not sure how these 40year old think these are real arcades...Here is a pic my wife took of one at the dental place. She was laughing because i was debating about this to her couple days ago of how the fuck can a grown ass man play on this, let alone two of them....Then the 4player is coming out.

67339017_479213106189864_7283563148676694016_n.jpg

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Tried one of these and thought they were nicely built but the scale really puts me off. Plus the asking price over here in Europe is insane. I'd rather build a cab myself and stick a pi4 in.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Not sure how these 40year old think these are real arcades...Here is a pic my wife took of one at the dental place. She was laughing because i was debating about this to her couple days ago of how the fuck can a grown ass man play on this, let alone two of them....Then the 4player is coming out.

View attachment 54526

That's what I thought with the TMNT one. I was like oh cool, wait a minute...

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I know that there is a stand available to make it taller...
Again,It's definitely something one can work with,meaning be creative BUT only if the price is right.
BB

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The MK one tempted me but its just too beaucoup for me. I'll give them credit for listening to feedback and making improvements based on them. I can see the appeal of these for sure, especially with cabs that had very proprietary controls like the Star Wars game or Golden Tee.

The size is a double edge sword. The one big advantage of the small size is they would be FAR less of a white elephant to sell than a regular cab. Moving a 500 pound cab is a not a good time.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I stopped over at the local WAL MART and they have one (1)FINAL FIGHT and about eight(8)Galaga's @ 299.00 I believe they sold a few because a couple of Bally versions and Street Fighter are missing. I'm going to keep my eye on that Final Fight version for the mark down but if it sells,it sells...I'm pretty sure those Galaga's will not hold @299.00
BB

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I like the Arcade1Up machines since they seem to be very easy to set up, maintain and move around. Looking at the modifications that could be done to them, this opens up additional options as well. I wouldn't trade my cabs for them, but I wouldn't say no to one on the cheap.

I even picked up one of those AliExpress two player bartop machines (head to head) that has a Pandora 6 loaded inside. My kids love it and I can hook it up to a TV via HDMI.

These machines are geared towards a demographic that wants this. I don't think cab owners are going to buy these unless they're modifying them.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The build quality is SHIT.

Tempest roto-dial literally stripped in my hand, as I demoed it.

Wouldn’t buy one with someone else’s money.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The build quality is SHIT.

Tempest roto-dial literally stripped in my hand, as I demoed it.

Wouldn’t buy one with someone else’s money.

There's a replacement spinner available on Amazon that's supposed to be good. Some people claim to have had success modding the factory one but I'm skeptical since it's a POS, as you said.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
That is the problem with these things, the build quality is bad, parts are rubbish, and you need to put in more money to mod the f out of it to be good.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
i bought 6 of them last night, i dont know why.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
That is the problem with these things, the build quality is bad, parts are rubbish, and you need to put in more money to mod the f out of it to be good.

Woah! Sounds just like a real cab then!