Samurai Shodown Neo-Geo Collection (PS4/XB1/PC/SW)

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I just made a fully complete and working SSV Perfect .neo file for NeoSD. All Perfect/Final Edition ROM files present and in the .neo.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Edited: Deleted my comment - irrelevant. Didn't see the most recent post. lol

Last edited:

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
So SSVP has been ripped from the collection and made into a rom including one that works with the various flash carts but obviously can't be released due to copyright issues and whatnot. Do I have all that right? I'm just happy it's been been preserved and not lost to the ages.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
So SSVP has been ripped from the collection and made into a rom including one that works with the various flash carts but obviously can't be released due to copyright issues and whatnot. Do I have all that right? I'm just happy it's been been preserved and not lost to the ages.
It's out there. The rom dumps can be found now on the internet. You just have to look for them and then put in the effort of converting the rom set to work on flash carts.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Limited run games is doing an old school limited edition case for this collection:

https://limitedrungames.com/product...202593660&mc_cid=dfed8f22d4&mc_eid=16c38585c6

This release is not a part of the Limited Run Games Collection and is not a numbered release. We are distributing this title on behalf of SNK Corporation. Missing out on this release will not compromise a complete Limited Run set.

Mind that a "complete Limited Run set" includes gems like "Night Trap 25th Anniversary"...

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
There's a Play Asia release too. Just not sure if the in game text and story etc will be in english.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

This release is not a part of the Limited Run Games Collection and is not a numbered release. We are distributing this title on behalf of SNK Corporation. Missing out on this release will not compromise a complete Limited Run set.

That disclaimer made me lose faith in humanity that I didn't even knew I still had.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
"This release is not a part of the Limited Run Games Collection and is not a numbered release. We are distributing this title on behalf of SNK Corporation. Missing out on this release will not compromise a complete Limited Run set"

135.png

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I should've reviewed all the Limited Run releases in order on Youtube. That would've gotten a lot more views.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I want a physical copy for online play, but don't want that LRG package for $69. lol

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I want a physical copy for online play, but don't want that LRG package for $69. lol
Play-asia,japanese and asian for a physical copy if you want it that way.Beside i thought i heard it get's one later on at retail as well.Heck that's why i passed on the lrg release.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I should've reviewed all the Limited Run releases in order on Youtube. That would've gotten a lot more views.

Bro you've got the best Neo videos on youtube, no guff. I know more views is more $$$ but you should feel proud of the work you do, no homo

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
SNK states physical versions could be delayed due to COVID-19. I haven’t seen any preorder places for the regular version yet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNKPofficial

SNK Corporation is very excited for the upcoming PlayStation 4 & Nintendo Switch physical ver. releases of SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION.

We wanted to keep you apprised of current manufacturing and distribution regulations due to COVID-19 precautions, (1/3) #SNK #NEOGEO
7:52 AM · Jul 31, 2020·Twitter Web App
Retweets and comments
SNK GLOBAL
@SNKPofficial
·
7h
Replying to
@SNKPofficial
which will likely affect the physical shipments of boxed copies on both platforms in the Americas and EMEA Territories. With many countries placing special emphasis on shipments of essential items, it may take longer for physical issues to reach their destinations. (2/3)

SNK GLOBAL
@SNKPofficial
·
7h
The SNK team is working diligently to get the physical ver. releases of SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION in your hands as soon as possible. We will update further when we have more information. (3/3)

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Mine is "on the way", Japan release. Monday or Saturday delivery

Edit: Finally, delivered today :D

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
There’s a Retronauts podcast about Samurai Shodown that people might be interested. There’s a guy who worked heavily on the collection on the podcast, and he talked about the process of finding the Samsho perfect roms, translating for it, and the possibility of an AES release (“I cant talk about that”).