What's the most controversial film you've ever watched?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
there is a lot of crazy 'films' out there and you could debate the definition of what a film is exactly.

Worst 'film' I ever saw has to SRPSKI or a Serbian Film as it is known in the west.

It combined great cinematography with some fucked up themes. Necrophrilia, Pedophilia, Snuff - you name it, that shit was all in there.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I used to look for the goriest films I could find a couple of decades ago. Things like August underground or whatever it was called. But they're nearly always just total shit so I stopped.

I quite like Tom Cruise films nowadays.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
But they're nearly always just total shit so I stopped.

This. Tropes aside, Green Room is probably the only film from the past few years that genuinely made my stomach churn.

Speaking of Tom Cruise, Eyes Wide Shut fascinates me. After all the hype, and with Kubrick passing so close to the films release, it felt terrifyingly relevant when I watched it a few years back. I can watch it repeatedly and never get bored.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Yeah I watched that August underground,
Well I tried to anyway was the biggest load of shite I ever attempted to watch!

Ive seen a few really fucked up films but most of them got turned off by the mid point due to being bored.

Blood and gore doesnt churn my stomach or bother me in the slightest.

But a boring plot or shit story line will make me very bored very quickly!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Care Bears the Movie 2...

When Dark Heart kills Christy... then they all join hands and repeat... "We care... We care..."...

That truly fucked up my childhood man...

xROTx

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I used to seek out the worst of the worst for years. While my sig and avatar hasn't really changed, my tastes sorta have. It's probably the fact I have young kids running around the house these days too, but I've also just grown up a bit and am no longer the extreme edgelord I once was.

I've never seen Serbian Film. I put it on one night after the wife and I had punished our livers and I got through about 15 minutes before I passed out. She woke me at the end with tears in her eyes and went into detail about how it was the worst thing she had ever seen. I guess I decided against watching it after that. Xorthen also told me about a German film called Melancholie Der Engel. That sounds fucked up.

I dunno, I've seen a lot - Subconscious Cruelty, Aftermath, In a Glass Cage, Salo, Rossa Venezia. A heap of downright degrading sexploitation roughie trash like Forced Entry, Hard Gore, The Devil Inside Her. THe messed up Japanese Mondo films like The Death Files and Nick Bougas' The Death Scenes. Out of all of that I still find the German splatter to be the most fun - Violent Shit, Premutos, Beyond the Limits.

There's so much out there, again, most of it is garbage, but of course, there are plenty of hidden gems.

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
there is a lot of crazy 'films' out there and you could debate the definition of what a film is exactly.

Worst 'film' I ever saw has to SPRSKI or a Serbian Film as it is known in the west.

It combined great cinematography with some fucked up themes. Necrophrilia, Pedophilia, Snuff - you name it, that shit was all in there.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/

Entered this topic to mention exactly Srpski. What a fucked up film. Was banned in several countries as far as I remember.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
A Serbian film was just one of those films I could bring myself to watch. I had done some research on it and the writers just seemed like they wanted their names out. Nothing more.

Only movie I will without a doubt never watch.

I feel bad for your wife man...

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
oldboy (original korean version) was a movie that really disturbed me in a weird way. the idea that you could be imprisoned in a room for fifteen years, kept alive by force, not knowing where you are and why was very disturbing.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A Serbian film was just one of those films I could bring myself to watch. I had done some research on it and the writers just seemed like they wanted their names out. Nothing more.

Only movie I will without a doubt never watch.

I feel bad for your wife man...

I recommend that no one watch that movie. I did. It’s mind poison from some sick people.

Controversial - Last Temptation of Christ,
Death of Stalin’s (it’s a fiction, but Russia banned it? And arrest people who showed it in russia?)
300 - Frank miller’s fantasy dehumanizing Persians at a point in history when it was completely unnecessary to play deeper into the islamophobia and anti-Iranian zeitgeist. But it was well shot.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
300 - Frank miller’s fantasy dehumanizing Persians at a point in history when it was completely unnecessary to play deeper into the islamophobia and anti-Iranian zeitgeist. But it was well shot.

Pretty sure if you played that movie at full speed it will literally only be 20 mins of footage.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I also used to seek shit out in college. Nekromantik, Guinea Pig, El Topo, etc was as far as I ever got. Anything I could get my hands on in the 90's basically. New shit is just psychotic and mean. It's gone away from novelty and art and more towards simulated torture and snuff...not my jam.

Uncut version of Man Bites Dog is one of those that's disturbing as much as it is brilliant and entertaining. I put my modern "line" around there in terms of where I won't cross these days.

I read online all the shock scenes in a Serbian Film...fucking hell...just NO

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I can watch most extreme films but draw the line at unsimulated violence towards animals. A Serbian Film is an endurance test I failed to complete. Martyrs was rough but I got through it. Far too grim for my tastes though.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I can watch most extreme films but draw the line at unsimulated violence towards animals. A Serbian Film is an endurance test I failed to complete. Martyrs was rough but I got through it. Far too grim for my tastes though.

So you’ve never seen Cannibal Holocaust?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
So you’ve never seen Cannibal Holocaust?

I've seen Cannibal Holocaust, Ferox, and a bunch of others from the era. Didn't bother me too much as a young man but it does now. Cannibal Holocaust would have still worked just fine without murdering animals on screen. It was completely unnecessary.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I always avoided the mondo cane stuff like that with animal cruelty. I just knew I couldn't enjoy that.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've seen Cannibal Holocaust, Ferox, and a bunch of others from the era. Didn't bother me too much as a young man but it does now. Cannibal Holocaust would have still worked just fine without murdering animals on screen. It was completely unnecessary.

Yeah, I agree, it is unnecessary. That soundtrack though.

Also, I enjoy Ferox more. Giovanni Lombardo Radice hams it up to the extreme. I remember reading during the pig shooting scene, he told Lenzi to fuck off and said he wouldn’t do it. Lenzi ended up doing it.

The Italian Cannibal Films are hit and miss, but the exploitation and horror films from the era are where it’s at; House on The Edge of the Park, New York Ripper, Ilsa She Wolf of the SS!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah, I agree, it is unnecessary. That soundtrack though.

Also, I enjoy Ferox more. Giovanni Lombardo Radice hams it up to the extreme. I remember reading during the pig shooting scene, he told Lenzi to fuck off and said he wouldn’t do it. Lenzi ended up doing it.

The Italian Cannibal Films are hit and miss, but the exploitation and horror films from the era are where it’s at; House on The Edge of the Park, New York Ripper, Ilsa She Wolf of the SS!

Yeah, Ferox is much more fun. Holocaust is pretty grim, I prefer extra cheese with my exploitation as well :D

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
oldboy (original korean version) was a movie that really disturbed me in a weird way. the idea that you could be imprisoned in a room for fifteen years, kept alive by force, not knowing where you are and why was very disturbing.

But the daughter fucking wasn't as big a deal for you?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
But the daughter fucking wasn't as big a deal for you?

daughter fucking is something i've seen before. elizabeth olsen gets fucked by her dad in almost every film she makes.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I recommend that no one watch that movie. I did. It’s mind poison from some sick people.
That was what came to mind for me first. It's... an experience. It's a really good example of good God this is fucked up but I can't look away.