I need help with port forwarding shipping? for a vewlix cabinet.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Hello
I am in the process of ordering a chewlix from China and the lady said i needed a shipping port forwarder. Has anyone dealt directly with this in the past? I'm assuming that it will come via San Francisco or some Cali port and not NY. Does STI do it? Help me out my ninjas.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You're talking about those clones off aliexpress yeah?

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
You're talking about those clones off aliexpress yeah?

The ones of Alibaba, from what I have heard on other forums and sites is that most prefer them over a vewlix. I just need to find a reputable port forwarder that can ship it to me. Like I said never done anything like this before and if I document all of it in the end it might really make things easier for other members. Right now the complete cabs go from $490-900 depending on what you want.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
The ones of Alibaba, from what I have heard on other forums and sites is that most prefer them over a vewlix. I just need to find a reputable port forwarder that can ship it to me. Like I said never done anything like this before and if I document all of it in the end it might really make things easier for other members. Right now the complete cabs go from $490-900 depending on what you want.

Yeah but then how much is shipping to your door from China and any import fees?

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Yeah but then how much is shipping to your door from China and any import fees?

From what im hearing it shouldn't be more than $750 if that is true then $1500-2000 for a brand new cabinet isnt bad at all.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
From what im hearing it shouldn't be more than $750 if that is true then $1500-2000 for a brand new cabinet isnt bad at all.

At that price point you could get a legit vewlix

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
My buddy says their site is meant to work by the container, but the idea is to take care of the sea/port/truck logistics all in one and solves the forwarder scenario. This would probably be more of interest for people doing a group buy, but could theoretically work for something smaller at a less efficient cost.

https://www.flexport.com/services/ocean-freight

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
My buddy says their site is meant to work by the container, but the idea is to take care of the sea/port/truck logistics all in one and solves the forwarder scenario. This would probably be more of interest for people doing a group buy, but could theoretically work for something smaller at a less efficient cost.

https://www.flexport.com/services/ocean-freight

Ya its weird they are making me take a course to learn more, its a web course.

I have called and talked to over a dozen logistics companies alot of them are telling me to use Fedex however Fedex wants 1800 to ship door to door. So I will keep trucking along and hopefully find a company soon.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Wow, I had no idea this was a thing. Let us know how this works out for you. Might be something worth a group buy later down the road.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
pro tip: if marked as "video game" and not "arcade" or "coin op" on the contents declaration there are no customs fees.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Thank for this tip....
pro tip: if marked as "video game" and not "arcade" or "coin op" on the contents declaration there are no customs fees.

Ya hopefully I’ve only got so much patience and these companies are wearing thin on me. In Australia you can get door to door for around $1500 with cabinet so if your in Australia hit me up and I’ll give you the info
Wow, I had no idea this was a thing. Let us know how this works out for you. Might be something worth a group buy later down the road.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Update

Well gents this may have gotten a bit expensive
$600 for cabinet
$260 to ship to a NY port via sea
$360 to ship from port of NY to my house 350 miles away $1 a mile
$$$$ Broker fees, custom fees, taxes, port forwarding fee, IFS file fees

So im at $1500-$1800 right now and well its not like I can find a 32 inch lcd cabinet locally in NY for that price. Decisions decisions.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Update

Well gents this may have gotten a bit expensive
$600 for cabinet
$260 to ship to a NY port via sea
$360 to ship from port of NY to my house 350 miles away $1 a mile
$$$$ Broker fees, custom fees, taxes, port forwarding fee, IFS file fees

So im at $1500-$1800 right now and well its not like I can find a 32 inch lcd cabinet locally in NY for that price. Decisions decisions.

Yeah...at some of those fees it might be worth shipping two and selling one assuming it's not significantly more in shipping.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
just found out that ISF and Brokerage is $500 and that's without customs fees of a few hundred I'm not paying 2k ill pay 1500 but I'm out at 2k. Ridiculous honestly.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's not ridiculous, you wanting a single cabinet from China to New York for under 2k is ridiculous. It makes absolutely no sense to import a single cabinet and there's a lot of bullshit to be done between the origin and your place that costs $$$.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
The broker and ISF file fees are really the killer these are things that don’t exist with smaller packages. The idea that these cabinets are 3ft x 2ft x 5 feet with CP in up position makes them almost small enough to be shipped at way way cheaper rates like $300-500 to my door from China. That is the bottom line they are tiny and should cost as such. One would think. If you could saw one in half I guarantee the shipping would be pretty reasonable. That’s actually what I have proposed. The CP cost $60 to ship and it’s like priority 3 day so I think if this is partially disassembled it may be able to be sent a lot cheaper. I think my above reaction was to the broker, customs and ISF fees. I mean I did expect them but not $700 idk. First time doing this definitely a learning experience.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
What are you planning to put in this chewlix?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Well, you could always make a Kraylix cabinet too. Might be a decent project.

Im not sure if Kraylix still makes them but they are really great build quality. I have 3 of them.

My most recent buy was a Xtension cab. The great thing about it is that there is no sanding or painting unlike the Kraylix. The quality isn't too bad. You can add custom graphics if you're into that. I opted to get one without a frame as I wanted a monitor bigger then 32" with low input lag. I also got a Virtua Pinball from them. The only bad from the company was the asshole i spoke with i believe his name was Wayne, fuck that guy.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Im not sure if Kraylix still makes them but they are really great build quality. I have 3 of them.

My most recent buy was a Xtension cab. The great thing about it is that there is no sanding or painting unlike the Kraylix. The quality isn't too bad. You can add custom graphics if you're into that. I opted to get one without a frame as I wanted a monitor bigger then 32" with low input lag. I also got a Virtua Pinball from them. The only bad from the company was the asshole i spoke with i believe his name was Wayne, fuck that guy.

I guess the guy that makes Kraylix is doing EVO cabs for the event in August. They are a slim version 24 inch. I know a guy selling an extension locally pedestal, tv, stick and monitor. Really good deal $500. I’m ordering a complete vewlix control panel as the shipping and panel are bothe cheap. $260 with shipping to my door. I’m probably gonna get a kraylix and paint it. Looks like they are using automotive paint to get it to shine like that. I may get an extension pedestal. What I should do is buy this guys and sell the control panel for a few hundred and then I’ll have the pedestal and tv for $300. I hate making disicions.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
It might be much less hassle to try to find a vewlix in the usa. Or if you don't plan on rotating the cabinet, just get a Lindbergh, you can find them for about $1200 and just have to have it shipped.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
It might be much less hassle to try to find a vewlix in the usa. Or if you don't plan on rotating the cabinet, just get a Lindbergh, you can find them for about $1200 and just have to have it shipped.

It has begun

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
It’s on its way today I believe.

I got some buttons and sticks

Universal encoder is on its way, I ordered some other accessories as well. So this has turned into something else but I still have some plans.