Anyone know wheres Pipes is?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Around Christmas I bought a PGM+Martial masters from him for a good price. Unfortunately it had glitches. With this in mind I tried my best to see if it was on my end via

- Taking apart the cartridge and cleaning it with deoxit

-Cleaning the cartridge slot with contact cleaner

-Making sure JAMMA 5V was 5.00, even bumped it to 5.10 and tested it on both my arcade cabinet and a friends supergun.

tl;dr background glitches and sometimes albeit rarely an address 27 error.

VNTaWttm.jpg

So I contacted Pipes and said I would try the things listed above and that I would re-contact him. This was a little bit after Christmas. The stuff I did above had no effect on the glitches. So pipes stated to just return it for a refund. I asked for an address on 1/08/2018 ish.

That is where the responding ended. I waited a few weeks to see if I would get a response and never did. I never got an address from him so I just reused the old address and box he sent the items in and mailed it out on 2/03/2018. I haven't had contact with him since 1/08/2018.

Anyone know where Pipes is? I tried contacting him on KLOV since he last logged in on there 2/10/2018. I know he has been busy dead lifting pinball machines and mentoring toptierarcade on how to be a family man but just thought I would ask here.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
He went to Tibet to live with the monks after getting demoted from NGX forum mod.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Man you've had some shit luck w/ carts lately eh? Sorry to hear it! :-/

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Have you tried other carts to know if it's the cart or the motherboard (or both) giving you issues? I assumed by taking apart the cart you checked out the ROMs, right?

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Man you've had some shit luck w/ carts lately eh? Sorry to hear it! :-/

It is bound to happen when you keep buying games, but yeah kinda unlucky. At least yours was an easy fix.

Have you tried other carts to know if it's the cart or the motherboard (or both) giving you issues? I assumed by taking apart the cart you checked out the ROMs, right?

Unfortunately what I got from Pipes was all I had so I couldn't rule out if it was a cart or motherboard problem.

It seemed like a warm up issue. It would sometimes not be glitchy for like the first minute or two, then start corrupting.I don't have a EEPROM reader anyhow. Eventually I would like to get one. If I was a betting man it would probably be what you said or the motherboard itself. A shame since martial masters was a lot of fun and I still want to get into PGM.

When I asked Xian Xi what the error meant he usually stated a dirty slot/contact, but that wasn't the case. He said it can also be an addressing error.

pBDNMmH.jpg

In any case I already returned it since Pipes stated just to send it all back. I just hope he hasn't gone AWOL as it would be nice to get a refund on this and not get paypal involved.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Probably busy cleaning Mary's pipes while lowtierhusband watches.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Chopped up in little bit in lowtierarcades basement.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
y'know it wouldn't surprise me if lowtierwanker knows elGrizzbo ...

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
I Pm'd SNK416 and he stated he bought a cabinet from him around two months ago from him and he could text him. Haven't heard a thing yet.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Yeah no update :(

Any other forums where Pipes might be lurking? I tried KLOV but he hasn't logged on there since 2/10.

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
sent him a note on the secret Canadian forum....

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Totally off-topic, but Pipes, I need a ghetto Martial Masters, HMU!

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
So no one has a way to contact pipes? I have until June 17th on paypal to resolve this.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
he hasn't logged in to cgcc to get the PM I sent

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Started a dispute on the 4th and current status is as follows: waiting for seller response.