[FOUND] WTB: Twinkle Star Sprites MVS

aclbandit

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Looking for an MVS copy of Twinkle Star Sprites. Doesn't matter if it's US or JP, but must be legitimate. Lots of boots of this one running around these days; that's not what I want. I will need pictures of the boards before purchase.

The various price guides show this as around $200, but I don't necessarily think that's accurate. Let me know how much you're looking for and we'll discuss.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Yeah, all the lists here are outdated. It's gone way up over the years. It's among the top five most expensive MVS carts now. I've got a spare JAP MVS cart sitting on my shelf, but I can't give a friend price on it. Good luck in your search.

aclbandit

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yeah, all the lists here are outdated. It's gone way up over the years. It's among the top five most expensive MVS carts now. I've got a spare JAP MVS cart sitting on my shelf, but I can't give a friend price on it. Good luck in your search.

I had gathered as much. If you decide you wanna sell it, just tell me what you're looking for. Otherwise, just let your friend know how many dollars you need for your spare :D.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I had seen you post this over at KLOV, but purposely didn't reply there because I didn't want to ruin your chances of possibly getting lucky in finding an uninformed seller. (some do actually still exist over there) Whereas here, heh, no chance in hell of that happening here. Everyone around here knows what carts are worth what. Prices are maybe 10-20% better, out of respect, but that's about it.

I will say this, as weird as TSS is, it's not the most bizarre "shooter" on the neo. That award goes to Captain Tomaday.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Last two sales of Twinkle Star sprites on shmups were like $275 and 250 euros. Both had beat up labels.

also lol spare.

aclbandit

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I had seen you post this over at KLOV, but purposely didn't reply there because I didn't want to ruin your chances of possibly getting lucky in finding an uninformed seller. (some do actually still exist over there) Whereas here, heh, no chance in hell of that happening here. Everyone around here knows what carts are worth what. Prices are maybe 10-20% better, out of respect, but that's about it.

I will say this, as weird as TSS is, it's not the most bizarre "shooter" on the neo. That award goes to Captain Tomaday.

Not trying to put one over on somebody, in any case -- was just trying to indicate that I'm not gonna play the 'PRICE GUID SEZ $190' card.

Tomaday is real wacky for sure. I've got that one, but unfortunately it's also my only bootleg (was sold to me as not-a-boot).

Last two sales of Twinkle Star sprites on shmups were like $275 and 250 euros. Both had beat up labels.

also lol spare.

Beat-up label wouldn't be much trouble for me, and I had guessed that the 250 euro range is what I'm looking at for this one.

aclbandit

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Ended up getting one from Yahoo Auctions JP. Buttload of $$$, but excited to finally have it.

Thanks, everybody!

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just give you an idea how much this has gone up.

Last 2 copies offered for $600 and $800 were sold on eBay. So when I saw 1 for $500 with beat up label I pulled the trigger.

Of course there's boot but those don't count, I'm surprised people are hanging onto their MVS games just like AES now.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Ebay isn't the only source to find 20 year old plastic.

Tinkle stars sprites has always varied a shit ton and seems to be the same price as it was before neosd imo. I've seen Japanese ones go for 280-350 dollars on shmups around a year and a half ago yet the gaijins on yaj will pay 600 bootleg or not. Last two people who tried to sell one for 500 on here got assblasted. They seem to range from 300-350 on a lucky day (jp labels usually) all the way to 600. I don't think much has changed it seems pretty volatile to me.

I got mine in March of last year holo collectard label for 415 on ArcadeOtaku, and that is with a shitty euro+shipping exchange rate.

Here is also some listings on shmups by a fake panda.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36768&p=1328423&hilit=twinkle+star+sprites#p1328423

I think you paid too much for the one you got since it doesn't look like a holo label and it is is ripped.The marque is nice though. Ebay is pretty messed up though. You see a loose cart sell for the same as one in a kit, even if the serials don't match or in worse condition. I think people don't know how to look at completed auctions...

Last edited: