Feedback for solarisjapan.com

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Ordered 6 MD games, arrived as described super well packed.

Emails replied to quickly, photos provided if required (normally on the item page anyway) and will source games if not in stock

Recommended, will be buying from them again....

Whilst I'm here, had issues with 2 last orders from Hit-japan on ebay, both items NOT as described. Shit loads of sun fade/cart labels peeling and stinking of smoke. When asked about condition prior to order, they play any issues down and photos avoid areas of concern. YMMV of course...

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
That's odd, I've always saw hit-japan with good pics and decent descriptions, maybe I'm lucky.

joala

True true, maybe I was just unlucky.

I doubt I'll test my luck with them again though...

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I bought from hit-japan for years without issue.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Haven't had issues with that seller either.

I have heard from others though that if the mood strikes, Hit-Japan is liable to block your ass faster than Sheen can say 'winning' after 3 lines of coke.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hit Japan does not take low ballers kindly. I've never had a issue with them and if the offers were reasonable they would always accept. Never had a issue when ordering Xrgb's from Solaris. Never ordered any games from them.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
HJ has always been legit to me, I've bought a number of JP N64 carts (N64 4 lyfe) and if anything I felt their ratings were quite conservative. Got a few "C" rated boxes/manuals and they looked just fine to me. Same with NGCD stuffs before prices got tarded, no marks on the discs.

Their prices seem to have gotten a little crazy, but that's just the retro market due to faggotry. I've never had offers refused, but then I usually bought several items at once.

Same as Razo w/Solaris, ordered xrgb related stuffs from them, always fast shipping. I think the stuff makes it here in 3 days via DHL.

joala

Solaris dont seem to update their retro game stock too often, unfortunately...

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Both Solaris and hit-japan are legit. Got my xrgb from Solaris and plenty of games from hit (not lately. Their prices have been high for like the last year) and both have been super awesome to buy from. Weird you had a bad experience

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
HJ has always been legit to me, I've bought a number of JP N64 carts (N64 4 lyfe) and if anything I felt their ratings were quite conservative.

That's so nice of him to sell you his garbage games.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
N64 games are great!

oii3bn.jpg

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
True true, maybe I was just unlucky. I doubt I'll test my luck with them again though...

Too bad, really. I'm another happy HJ customer. Never had any issues, and if there ever was any fading or damage of any kind, I knew about it beforehand. Tont let that turn you off completely. Also, have you tried resolving the issue and asking for a partial refund for example? Most experienced sellers are usually cool about it and they'll refund.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
hit japan is ok but he shill bids just like yamatoku classic. So be careful when bidding as shit can get dumb real fast.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
All these major game sellers shill bid. It really sucks buying anything game related on eBay now in days.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Hit japan will only be reasonable if you are buying a lot at once. If you want just 1 game and try to get a reasonable price, forget it.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Can't really recommend hitjapan either. Ordered a few games from them before and they all got damaged from poor shipping packaging.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
I bought several games from Hit-Japan from 2013 to 2015 and never had any issues with them, accurate descriptions, reasonable shipping prices, well packed.

Also some new modern stuff from Solaris, no problem there, very pro packaging.

Even from Yamatoku never had any problem, just one time I won a game but it wasn't in stock and they cancelled it, bummer.

EDIT: I've just remembered Hit Japan sent me a dead (but beautiful and complete) PC Engine Salamander; I failed to check it in time and now I have a beautiful and complete and unplayable PC Engine Salamander. This happened in 2013.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The couple times I bought from Solaris went just fine. These were for new items tho (Framemeister and the 360 Cave collection), so I can't comment on their used goods. These came fast and well packed.

I used to order from hit-Japan when they offered bulk discounts through their eBay store. It's been awhile since I've ordered anything from them tho.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Been dealing with Solaris for a very long time, also very helpful in regards to off-site stuff. Great to do business with.