New Market Orientated usergroup...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi Lads and Lassies...

I am getting slightly tired of the constant fighting in the Market Place...

N00b Bashing...
Member on Member Bashing...
People who don't wanna play ball..

etc etc...

SO... I am considering creating a "Market timeout" usergroup...

Essentially all forum privileges will be in place EXCEPT the Market Place...

xROTx

PS. I am thinking of calling it... "Rot REALLY thinks you need to shut up in the Market Place"...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I like it. So how does it work? Lol

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hi Lads and Lassies...

I am getting slightly tired of the constant fighting in the Market Place...

N00b Bashing...
Member on Member Bashing...
People who don't wanna play ball..

etc etc...

SO... I am considering creating a "Market timeout" usergroup...

Essentially all forum privileges will be in place EXCEPT the Market Place...

xROTx

PS. I am thinking of calling it... "Rot REALLY thinks you need to shut up in the Market Place"...

The stop letting the n00bs use the market right out of the gate.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It's pretty much a no win situ in the market forums...

You let n00bs play... You get shouted at...
You don't allow the members to voice their opinions... You get shouted at...
You don't discipline someone because they're not flavour of the month... You get shouted at...
You don't do something in the thinking of the more vocal amongst us... You get shouted at...

WELL... It's now getting on my nerves...

SURE... you can have your own opinions and I appreciate the help looking after the Market place... but recently it's turned into some sort of ghetto style territory gangland crips vs bloods argue fest...

I want the market place running efficiently and with as little drama as possbile as I have stated I am trying to build it back up...

Let ME do the judging... I am gonna take the Market Forum in hand now...

xROTx

PS. Wanna oppose decisions... you can post in the War room and shout at me a bit...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
recently it's turned into some sort of ghetto style territory gangland crips vs bloods argue fest...
that sounds... pretty awesome actually. who's winning?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
sounds like some stupid bitches about to get sonned...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
we should have two markets. A market for the newbs,

and a market for registered+

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
we should have two markets. A market for the newbs,

and a market for registered+

I'm sure the noob market will do very well while the registered market will continue the way it's been heading the last few years.

gg noobs

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I feel most of the market forum's problems could be solved if we could post nude images instead of having to link them. Just think about it guys...sometimes the easiest solution is the best solution...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What about when the OP in a sales thread wants to start shit?! I'm not one to take false accusations lightly. No war room thread is gonna help when someone is accusing of something you're not in the market. You gotta clear the shit up right on the spot for everyone involved to see, right in the market thread that caused the problem to begin with.

Have an open market and call it a day, shmups seems to be ok with it after all these years. Members just deal with each other in a very private matter, they deal with noobs on a quiet manner as well, no one cries havoc. I think the problem here is that so many bitches cry over PMs to mods, which makes the mods feel compelled to do something just 'cause they were PMed. Seriously, when do I ever fucking PM a mod over a problem? After how many bullshit episodes that have come and gone have I ever PMed a mod? "Oh Mr. Mod, EG is harassing me, please halp!" lol, I can't believe someone would take some nagging seriously, I just don't understand.

This market is dying 'cause some people have inflated the forum prices and made it seem acceptable. Since when do we sell MVU4 cabs for 1200 bcuks?! WTF?! All those douchers that padded the OP on the back deserve to be in the club along with the OP.

If I'm gonna be in the club over telling some lying POS to go fuck himself in the market so be it. Let it rain, I'll bring a fucking storm!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lulz... you know how difficult it would be to fully implement a n00b only market?

Geez... if any of you fooks feel like you're getting hard done here... let me remind you, LAST purge, however well meaning created a vacuum in the market place.

A lot of bad feeling was felt then and still exists now...

ALL I'm asking for is you place nice and responsibly and if you can't do that... you're prob gonna get a nice lovely timeout from the market place...

xROTx

PS. I aint giving up... but there are only a handful of people I'd hand over the Market Place too... Chaz, Tak... NTM and a few others...

UNTIL then... you have me...

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
war room sales threads are usually the best ones

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
PS. I aint giving up... but there are only a handful of people I'd hand over the Market Place too... Chaz, Tak... NTM and a few others...

UNTIL then... you have me...

Soooo glad you didn't put my name on that list. I'd be too scared to moderate the market place here. lol

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Soooo glad you didn't put my name on that list. I'd be too scared to moderate the market place here. lol

Shawn would fookin' beat me around the head... with a bat...

I am a funster at heart.. but there are some jokes even my Azn ass won't consider...

xROTx

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Shawn would fookin' beat me around the head... with a bat...

I am a funster at heart.. but there are some jokes even my Azn ass won't consider...

xROTx

I think Shawn doesn't care about things is the past that happened almost 20 years ago. If he did, I'd be surprised.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I wouldn't mind having this new usergroup created but on the other hand, it seems a bit too complicated to me if you just want to tell some people to shut up for a while.

A market mod is there to keep things running smoothly. Sometimes this includes accepting things you don't like for the sake of smooth transactions, like prices you think are too high, "collectard" tendencies, flipping, etc. Like it or not, but these things are not against the market rules and trolling people who you think don't belong here is not the way to go, unless they clearly try to do harm (i.e. by ripping others off or selling items of unclear status). Most of the time, trolling and all that jazz usually does more harm than the person or transactions the trolls go against. That's not an acceptable trade-off in my eyes.

So... IMO it's time to revert things to a more streamlined modus operandi (ain't that a big word). There should be NO market thread poisoning whatsoever, unless something is clearly wrong (and that's up to the market mod to decide). The buying and selling subforums of the market are NOT a discussion forum, there always is the War Room or Feedback if you feel that you have to say something but shitting in someone's selling or wtb thread either because you don't like the person or think prices are too high or whatever is right out which should be made clear once and for all. I'm a bit tired of this back and forth about the market to be honest. First warning, second warning, timeout, without disctinction of person. If they won't listen, they gotta live with the consequences.