A Video Game Con (AVGC), Parsippany NJ. 9/9-9/10

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
cdamm at it again, everybody make sure to hide lest he attempt to sell you something

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
He sure seems to have a lot of extra spending money for traveling lately.

lol. this is my usual rounds. i do 5 conventions a year. this is one of them.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
hey, im in portland the next month. come up for that.

Last time I went to PRGE (which was also the last time I went to a video game convention) was in maybe 2012, and I hated it. Cons were cool in the mid-2000's before it turned into nothing but flipper resellers and hipster collectards.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Last time I went to PRGE (which was also the last time I went to a video game convention) was in maybe 2012, and I hated it. Cons were cool in the mid-2000's before it turned into nothing but flipper resellers and hipster collectards.

Is this con all vendors with no musuem area, contests, guest speakers or anything else of value?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Is this con all vendors with no musuem area, contests, guest speakers or anything else of value?

I'm sure it has a "museum area" but I've seen the DigitalPress museum setup multiple times at the old CGE shows. Don't care about "contests". These days, "guest speakers" seem to be the same handful of YouTube people at every con (Metal Jesus, Pat the NES Punk, The Gaming Historian, Gamester81, etc) who are just there because they are trying to "build their brand" or whatever.

For me personally, no there is nothing of value. Especially since I would have to shell out hundreds of dollars on airfare and a hotel.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
For me personally, no there is nothing of value. Especially since I would have to shell out hundreds of dollars on airfare and a hotel.

least with a hooker in Vegas, you get laid...

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
least with a hooker in Vegas, you get laid...

Las Vegas is now home to a 550 ft tall ferris wheel. Also drawing thousands to Las Vegas: whores.

(Source: Norm MacDonald Live)