"Our Country Needs A Good Shutdown..." - Donald J Trump

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not sure a 3 party system will help. Either way, it splits the votes away from the people who need representation (because the the poor ass people voting for the interests of the rich are doing so at the expense of themselves).

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Not sure a 3 party system will help. Either way, it splits the votes away from the people who need representation (because the the poor ass people voting for the interests of the rich are doing so at the expense of themselves).

The 2 party system we have now doesn't even work.

At this point I'm ready for a "hard reset" of government and just start from scratch. Nothing this administration is attempting to push through is helping anyone.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think that the two party system can work, if the leadership of both sides shoots down special interest groups. Polarize the people on what matters (healthcare), and call out the issues that don't (bathroom legislation, birth control, for example). Push forth a system where no one can legitimately say they are second class citizens (right now, every non-white non-straight male is second classed by our government and laws), while providing an economic landscape where companies can thrive without the ridiculous red-tape.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I think that the two party system can work, if the leadership of both sides shoots down special interest groups. Polarize the people on what matters (healthcare), and call out the issues that don't (bathroom legislation, birth control, for example). Push forth a system where no one can legitimately say they are second class citizens (right now, every non-white non-straight male is second classed by our government and laws), while providing an economic landscape where companies can thrive without the ridiculous red-tape.

"This could happen" I'd often think to myself, then I see footage of Trump speaking.

For example, he recently spoke to the NRA - first sitting president to do that since Regan (if my facts are straight). What does he do? Calls a US senator "Pochahontas." He spoke at a national organization and made it a point to make fun of someone else.

/facepalm.

But maybe my gripes are more with the individual running the country and not with the collective government.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
We have a pretty big divide in this country over whether climate change is the greatest existential crisis humanity has ever faced or the conspiracy of a state-science complex. Our current form of democracy is malignant under such conditions.

Mencken was right on that point: "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
But, look, ultimately the "good shutdown" comment is Trump reacting to his own impotence. The house, his house, completely ignored his budget priorities because they would never clear the senate. He spent all his political capital on a failed repeal of Obamacare and now he doesn't really matter that much in terms of getting legislation passed.

Edit: Really it's hard to overstate how dramatic and complete Trump's apparent collapse has been in the last week. I mean he can still kill us all with his foreign policy. Congress can still kill us all with their legislation, but in several real demonstrable ways, Trump just doesn't seem to matter. He's not even going to threaten a fight on this CR. It's "September" when the shutdown might need to happen.

I lurk the Hannity forums, and some of his truest of true believers are jumping ship over this.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would be thrilled to see his hardliners cross sides. It has seemed to this point that they are immutable.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Whelp, the AHCA just passed Congress. Paul Ryan is stroking himself to a picture of Paul Ryan and Trump is imminently about to spew about his yuuuge victory.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
can we just impeach trump already. im tired of worrying he will nuke Canada or mexico