JNX Shift - A Neo Geo Adapter **Available Now**

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
****JNX Shift now available, special pricing for the 1st batch is $14.99, limited stock****

This is the JNX Shift, an inline button remap for the Neo Geo CD joypad. We all have used one before and majority of us hate the button layout.

With the Shift, you simply just move the jumpers to how you want them to be. Each button has a set of 4 jumpers.

For the shift to work 100%, there is a small modification that needs to be made to the Neo Geo CD joypad. SNK internally connected pins 4 and 9, on some superguns/CMVS units that may cause some issues since pin 9 is used or cause button D to never be mapped correctly.

I'll post pics of the slight mod needed, just requires clipping one wire that is never used by the controller or any Neo system.

The JNX Shift will go on sale in roughly two weeks. Price will be $17.99 plus shipping.

jnx-shift.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm in for 2, ready and willing!

Lions, we need you brother, start working on some cases!

Edit: Karnov's B/C switcheroo, DDT!!!!

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
In for 2! it was time someone made it, thanks!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sweet! I'm in for two as well when they go on sale.

lions3

Igniz's Servent

haha.. And I was just thinking I needed a CD controller. Yeah, assuming James is cool with it I'm happy to made small cases for these.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
haha.. And I was just thinking I needed a CD controller. Yeah, assuming James is cool with it I'm happy to made small cases for these.

Of course, dude. I'll send you one to check out.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I've been meaning to mess around with my cab by hooking up some controller extension cords and wiring them to a place where they're more easily accessible for people who want to use a controller, whenever I get around to doing that this will be a definite buy

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
This is a great product James, definately needed. Wondering though if this would be possible with switches instead of jumpers, could be more user friendly.
And hell yeah, a lions3 case would be awesome.

maybe it will allow you [...] to shift the buttons around (change the layouts)?
called it :keke:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This is a great product James, definately needed. Wondering though if this would be possible with switches instead of jumpers, could be more user friendly.
And hell yeah, a lions3 case would be awesome.

called it :keke:

Originally it was supposed to be with switches but I would need small 2P4T switches which are hard to find, that's when it was dubbed the JNX Switch then Nintendo ruined that name lol

If I could one day source some small enough switches with the proper function then I will update the design but of course the price point would go up and judging from the costs of similar switches, it would raise the price about $10 per unit.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
ah, thanks for the insight!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah man, you know I've been waiting for this day!
when I had all these ideas about how to make one of these things? lolololol

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

That was the first game that came to mind. That one and WHP.
I already made my own dedicated adapters, but this is a top notch tool.

Bravo, James!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Me too. I made some db15s for Karnov's, also a second set for Neo CD pads, also another set for KOF neo CD pads...so yeah, I've been dwelling with this for a while.

WHP, well...it's like samsho, you need to press AB and CD together so I keep it as is. Somehow I can manage, but Karnov's is so awesome, combo fluidity, it needs the switcheroo.

I don't play WW7 enough to know any better but this one also needs the Karnov's switcheroo.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Super awesome. I hate the NCD layout.