NEOSD AES Support thread !

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
In Metal Slug you need to go into the Unibios and change the soft dip setting to turn blood on, regardless of system region.

so, without unibios - red blood is never gonna happen?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think the blood might be red with a stock Japanese bios, but I'm not sure on that one since I haven't run a stock bios since 2001. On a CD system Japanese mode will be red, but on a cart system I always have to change the softdips to get red blood.

loganm187

n00b
so, without unibios - red blood is never gonna happen?

Currently yes, you need unibios to get red blood. Changing the region on AES NEOSD will not change this.

BUT Neodev just told me on another thread they are implementing a firmware update to allow Blood, etc to be enabled on the AES without unibios soon!!! :) I'm sure he can confirm it here too.

It made me very happy as I do not want to crack open my AES. I just wonder how soon.

Last edited:

Terabyte

n00b
Please, send us an email to support@neosdstore with the serial number of your NeoSD cart.

Now I got this...is that a valid e-mail address?

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* support@neosdstore.com

Reason: Permanent Error

Last edited:

Lone-Wolf

n00b
I think the blood might be red with a stock Japanese bios, but I'm not sure on that one since I haven't run a stock bios since 2001. On a CD system Japanese mode will be red, but on a cart system I always have to change the softdips to get red blood.

I have a stock AES Japanese bios and can confirm that the blood is always red even if I change to USA region via the NeoSD

neodev

Neosd Tech
I have a stock AES Japanese bios and can confirm that the blood is always red even if I change to USA region via the NeoSD

Well, I've been looking into the code and yes, there is an explanation for that. The AES games seem to use the default DIP settings for the region the bios belongs to, this region is in the bios rom, and the bios uses it before handling control to the game, so there is no way to change that, as when neosd changes the region, the bios has already set the softdips. The good news is that there is an easy solution for that (it will require a firmware update though).

loganm187

n00b
Well, I've been looking into the code and yes, there is an explanation for that. The AES games seem to use the default DIP settings for the region the bios belongs to, this region is in the bios rom, and the bios uses it before handling control to the game, so there is no way to change that, as when neosd changes the region, the bios has already set the softdips. The good news is that there is an easy solution for that (it will require a firmware update though).

Can't wait for the update. I have an American AES and I need my BLOOD. It's not the same without it. You're the best.

Lone-Wolf

n00b

Thanks for the response. For me and anyone with stock Japanese bios it's fine at the moment as you currently get the best of both worlds when switching regions but great news that it's an easy fix for people with stock US/PAL bios! Just wanted to clarify for anyone wondering more than anything.

Lone-Wolf

n00b
@neodev @neosd
Just to note, I'm one of the fortunate ones in that currently I haven't experienced any issues (running on 3-5 revision). If I can help in any way with any testing or comparisons etc. I'm more than happy to help you guys. Just shoot me a PM.

neosd

Neosd Developer
@neodev @neosd
Just to note, I'm one of the fortunate ones in that currently I haven't experienced any issues (running on 3-5 revision). If I can help in any way with any testing or comparisons etc. I'm more than happy to help you guys. Just shoot me a PM.

Thanks Lone-Wolf,

As soon as we have the next beta update ready, we will let you know.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Hello again

I actually have one problem : I can't access the neosd menu anymore.

Soooo I launched diggerman. See how eager I was to get in trouble.
Since then, pushing start at boot or using start + AD doesn't bring me back to the menu.

I tried :
- 2 ≠ AES (one serial 15k unibios 2.0 and one serial 50k unibios 3.0).
- swich region and aes/mvs,
- remove the sd card and put it back.

Diggerman does not seem to play a neogeo intro, so my though is maybe something is highjacked here ?

Dont rush to answer, you guys need some rest… its saturday… and tomorrow is sunday… but I could use a hand when you got a sec.

edit : Before that, I had tried 20ish other games without problem.
Beside that small issue I'm very happy with my purchase.
Hope its something stupid somewhere, and that it can be fixed easily :)

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello again

I actually have one problem : I can't access the neosd menu anymore.

Soooo I launched diggerman. See how eager I was to get in trouble.
Since then, pushing start at boot or using start + AD doesn't bring me back to the menu.

I tried :
- 2 ≠ AES (one serial 15k unibios 2.0 and one serial 50k unibios 3.0).
- swich region and aes/mvs,
- remove the sd card and put it back.

Diggerman does not seem to play a neogeo intro, so my though is maybe something is highjacked here ?

Dont rush to answer, you guys need some rest… its saturday… and tomorrow is sunday… but I could use a hand when you got a sec.

edit : Before that, I had tried 20ish other games without problem.
Beside that small issue I'm very happy with my purchase.
Hope its something stupid somewhere, and that it can be fixed easily :)

Hello

delete a file called lastgame.cfg on the microsd

Thanks

neosd

Neosd Developer
It worked.
This is a good to know "reset button".

That is a quality costumer service, I'm impressed.
Take care.

Hello,

This is the fast way, there is an actual way to reset NEOSD : put a file called reset.cfg on the microsd.

Thanks

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I had the game reset to title in the 2nd fight on Crossed Swords 2 but the music was still playing from when I was in game (did not play title screen music).
So far no issues with any other retail games I tried. Great product/support/people

cheers

neodev

Neosd Tech
Sent the e-mail couple days ago but I haven't received a reply or anything confirming there looking into it or even received my message. ???

Yes, we received it. We are working on an update for your issues.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Sent the e-mail couple days ago but I haven't received a reply or anything confirming there looking into it or even received my message. ???

Hello,

We have been working all day today with the help of GadgetUK. That we don´t post dosent means we are stopped. We work all day long, weekends included.
Sometimes we have a 5 minutes fix, other times we need time. Resources are not infinite, but so far we haven´t let anyone without his issue solved and this is still our goal, to have everyone happy.
We try to allways answer fast, but sometimes we need more time for think/work.

Also, just a fast question, is your AES overclocked ? I ask that cause we have already found a customer that changed the clock on his AES.

Thanks

Terabyte

n00b
Hello,

We have been working all day today with the help of GadgetUK. That we donエt post dosent means we are stopped. We work all day long, weekends included.
Sometimes we have a 5 minutes fix, other times we need time. Resources are not infinite, but so far we havenエt let anyone without his issue solved and this is still our goal, to have everyone happy.
We try to allways answer fast, but sometimes we need more time for think/work.

Also, just a fast question, is your AES overclocked ? I ask that cause we have already found a customer that changed the clock on his AES.

Thanks

No worries, just wanted to make sure you got the e-mail is all, since I didn't get a response back. Thanks for the hard work and other than the CRC issues the cart is truly AMAZING! On the overclock, No, AES is stock other than UniBIOS and swapped out 5 bad video capacitors on the board. I do good solder work no worries. Good tools help as well, love my Hakko. :)

I've watched GadgetUK on Youtube, some good videos there.

Thanks.

Last edited:

sTo0z

n00b
This seems to be more dedicated to technical support, so I hate to ask a shipping question in here, but I don't know where else to go?

Placed an order on the 16th and the payment was immediately accepted, noticed the news update on the 20th that shipping had begun, and now the 27th my order has not moved a single bit.

I did open a ticket on their support portal, but it has gone unanswered, so I guess asking here is my last resort?

I understand there are probably a tremendous amount of orders to get through, and I understand it can be slow. I want to make it clear I have absolutely no problem being patient and waiting, but I have no idea what the status of my order is, or when I can expect any movement on it. I don't mind a weeks, months, waiting if I need to, but I just don't want to be kept in the dark.

Their site said "In stock" when I ordered it, and currently says "In stock", does that mean if someone were to order right this minute they would have a minimum of 12 days wait before ship?

Anyways, if this is an inappropriate post for this section, I understand, and apologize. Did not know where else to turn, and the admins from NeoSD appeared active here.

neosd

Neosd Developer
This seems to be more dedicated to technical support, so I hate to ask a shipping question in here, but I don't know where else to go?

Placed an order on the 16th and the payment was immediately accepted, noticed the news update on the 20th that shipping had begun, and now the 27th my order has not moved a single bit.

I did open a ticket on their support portal, but it has gone unanswered, so I guess asking here is my last resort?

I understand there are probably a tremendous amount of orders to get through, and I understand it can be slow. I want to make it clear I have absolutely no problem being patient and waiting, but I have no idea what the status of my order is, or when I can expect any movement on it. I don't mind a weeks, months, waiting if I need to, but I just don't want to be kept in the dark.

Their site said "In stock" when I ordered it, and currently says "In stock", does that mean if someone were to order right this minute they would have a minimum of 12 days wait before ship?

Anyways, if this is an inappropriate post for this section, I understand, and apologize. Did not know where else to turn, and the admins from NeoSD appeared active here.

Hello,

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2017/02/20/we-are-shipping-neosd-aes-and-mvs-with-shells/

We can´t give a shipping date to anyone.

Do we have units in stock for everyone ? YES we do.
Why can´t we give estimated shipping so ? Cause somedays we process more orders in a day and other days less.
We got the order list and we are shipping by purchase order. We want to get everything shipped as soon as possible, but it takes time.

So, please, be patient