Vertical Limit Adjustment Literally Snapped Off....

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Vertical Linearity adjustment on my Egret II monitor just snapped off tonight. Image is now crushed into half the screen. Any guidance or recommendations?

EDIT: (V. Lin not Vertical Limit)
EDIT: Anyone able to give me the ohm value for the V. Lin pot on a Nanao MS9-29T??

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Do you still have the pot? The number on the plastic disc bit will tell you the pot value. You can then order a new one and replace it.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I haven't been able to find it. Anyone know what it would be on an Egret II?

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I assume it's an MS9? I don't have one handy but maybe someone can check.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Those pots are very difficult to find nowadays, if you find them online please post the link here.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I can't really imagine this is true. You can get 100 of basically any value for like $5 shipped.

Not all values, some values found of these monitors are no longer being manufactured, for example, Nanao MS8-25F monitors have some weird pots that are nowhere to be found nowadays, anyways I wasn't referrying only to its value in "ohms", but of their shape and color, some Nanao adjustment pots have a particular shape and even some have those grey cap covers which are even more difficult to replace, albeit I have only tried Digikey, Mouser and few chinese retailers, maybe you can share your supplier?

Last edited:

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Soooo anyone out there able to give me the ohm value for the V. Lin pot on a Nanao MS9-29T?

Last edited:

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
If I just buy a shitload of pots to to try I won't fuck anything up right? (I'm way out of my depth)

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Might be worth cross posting on AO and KLOV as well.