NEOSD MVS Support thread !

neosd

Neosd Developer
dkarDaGobert, 4slots board arrived 2,5 hours ago. We are on it already.

GadgetUK, we are preparing more tests for you.

BTW 22:41 here and we are still working. We are going to get the issues shorted as soon as possible, we are putting all from our side to get it shorted as soon as possible, we have done great advances today.

Thanks for all your help, we really apreciate that.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

BTW 22:41 here and we are still working. We are going to get the issues shorted as soon as possible, we are putting all from our side to get it shorted as soon as possible, we have done great advances today.

Neosd... thank you...

Thats all I have to say... you have gone far and beyond what i asked of you...

SO... my support still stands...

xROTx

PS. FFS... get some rest guys...

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot

Thanks for everything you've done so far! I cannot believe you are still in the office =O Get off home - this can wait! =D

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
FFS lads... Neosd and his team have been working non-stop on the bug fixes...

Give the guys a break man...

I see a LOT of old tymers... n00bs... and lurkers viewing these threads....

My respect goes out to all of you guys.. but I made a promise to oversee this project and as far as I am concerned their doing their utmost to keep you guys happy...

xROTx

PS. NEXT TIME... you may consider asking JMKurtz or someone else to do it... This has been tough....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Nah. You're doing just fine.

One day... I am gonna get you back...

GODFATHER STYLE'Z!

xROTx

PS. This tech stuff is weird.... I have to keep asking people WTF is going on...

I'm a forum politics man... not a tech wizzy like you:D

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Are you able to add your serial number to your account on NeoSDStore yet? I tried earlier, but it just gives me an error that the serial number isn't found:

MbmcG5N.jpg

neosd

Neosd Developer
Are you able to add your serial number to your account on NeoSDStore yet? I tried earlier, but it just gives me an error that the serial number isn't found:

Hello,

Firmware downloads are dissabled on prupose, we will activate those once we have a fully tested version with improvements

Thanks

Last edited:

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Hi Neosd,

I just received the flash cart and test it with MV-1B.
The cart can be started up for the first time. I changed the system to AES and bios to JAP, then flashed KOF2003 into the cart.

The game can be played but I am not able to get back to the menu (by either hold the start button when power up the MVS or hold A+D+start inside the game). When doing so, the led light flash 1 time and then it was turned off. The screen is black.

Can you tell me how to solve it?

Thanks

neodev

Neosd Tech
Hi Neosd,

I just received the flash cart and test it with MV-1B.
The cart can be started up for the first time. I changed the system to AES and bios to JAP, then flashed KOF2003 into the cart.

The game can be played but I am not able to get back to the menu (by either hold the start button when power up the MVS or hold A+D+start inside the game). When doing so, the led light flash 1 time and then it was turned off. The screen is black.

Can you tell me how to solve it?

Thanks

We'll investigate the issue. Meantime, place your sd card in a PC and delete Lastgame.cfg, this will make it boot to the menu again when you start. Check if the same happens in all games, or is just in kof2003, and let us know.

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the advice.
I will try again tonight.

I did remove the SD card to try last night but it is not successful. Will this have the same effect as deleting the lastgame.cfg in the SD card? Can the flash cart boot without SD card?

We'll investigate the issue. Meantime, place your sd card in a PC and delete Lastgame.cfg, this will make it boot to the menu again when you start. Check if the same happens in all games, or is just in kof2003, and let us know.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Thanks for the advice.
I will try again tonight.

I did remove the SD card to try last night but it is not successful. Will this have the same effect as deleting the lastgame.cfg in the SD card? Can the flash cart boot without SD card?

Yes, removing the sd is different. The cart works without the sd, but if there is an sd present and lastgame.cfg doesn't exist, it will boot straight to te neosd menu.

Last edited:

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Hi,

I tested the cart again and below is the result.

1) I deleted the "lastgame.cfg" in the SD card and the flash cart will boot directly to the menu.

2) I flashed the another game (CHTD SP). I cannot get into the menu again by holding AD+start in game or hold start at the time of power up. The game will reset instead of getting the black screen

3) I repeated (1) & (2) for another 5 games and the result is the same.

4) I found that a folder "BUP" in the SD cart and I can't see the XXXX.BUP file. I don't know what is it for.

5) I formatted the SD card (Toshiba 16GB Class 10) again and re-copy the files into the SD card and tried again, the result is the same.

What shall I do next?

Yes, removing the sd is different. The cart works without the sd, but if there is an sd present and lastgame.cfg doesn't exist, it will boot straight to te neosd menu.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi,

1) I deleted the "lastgame.cfg" in the SD card and the flash cart will boot directly to the menu.

2) I flashed the another game (CHTD SP). I cannot get into the menu again by holding AD+start in game or hold start at the time of power up. The game will reset instead of getting the black screen

4) I found that a folder "BUP" in the SD cart and I can't see the XXXX.BUP file. I don't know what is it for.

5) I formatted the SD card (Toshiba 16GB Class 10) again and re-copy the files into the SD card and tried again, the result is the same.

What shall I do next?

Do you have a unibios in the MVS you are testing on?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Could you try to setup the menu forced option on neosd options menu ?
We would like to know if that forces menu everytime you boot, instead of removing the sd card and delete lastgame.cfg.
We are going to investigate the issue anyways, we have a seccond user with the same issue on the MV-1B aswel and this may be related to the menu issue on the 4slots we are working at right now.

Thanks

Hi,

What shall I do next?

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I have had a similar issue across a few mvs boards I have tested. All using the latest unibios and all on the same cab (with the exception of the Deck)

MV1C #1 > A+D+St doesnt take me to menu & holding start doesnt work
MV1C #2 > Works fine
MV1B #1 > A+D+St doesnt take me to menu & holding start doesnt work
MV1B #2 > Works fine
MV1FZ > Works fine
MV1F > Works fine
MV1A > Works fine
NeoDeck > Works fine
2 Slot > Works fine
MV1 > Works fine

Tested all the boards I have lying around. I know I have a 4 slot somewhere, but I think its busted.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I have had a similar issue across a few mvs boards I have tested. All using the latest unibios and all on the same cab (with the exception of the Deck)

MV1C #1 > A+D+St doesnt take me to menu & holding start doesnt work
MV1C #2 > Works fine
MV1B #1 > A+D+St doesnt take me to menu & holding start doesnt work
MV1B #2 > works fine
MV1FZ > Works fine
MV1F > Works fine
MV1A > Works fine
NeoDeck > Works fine
2 Slot > will test this weekend
MV1 > will test this weekend

This is where it gets fun...

Neosd... take it SLOW man... one prob at a time...

I would suggest talking it through with NTM via PM... and then constructive posts as not to overload the this thread...

GOOD LUCK GUYS!:D

xROTx

cyd

New Challenger
If it is any help I have two functioning mv-4 boards and just got my neosd! :)

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
HI,

After changing the boot mode to menu,the flash cart can be booted into the menu directly when powered up the MVS each time.

I did try the cart in another MV-1B with original Asia Bios and I can use AD+start in game and hold start during power up. That's a bit strange.

Also, I noticed 2 things during testing today:

1) The game cannot be booted into AES mode when the boot mode is changed to Menu, even you chose AES in system mode. The AES mode can be activated when the boot mode is "game"

2) The SVC super plus will reset right after the ending, both in AES and MVS mode. I believe it may be the related to the game itself but i don't have the physical cart to test. I also tried the original SVC and it worked flawless.

Hello,

Could you try to setup the menu forced option on neosd options menu ?
We would like to know if that forces menu everytime you boot, instead of removing the sd card and delete lastgame.cfg.
We are going to investigate the issue anyways, we have a seccond user with the same issue on the MV-1B aswel and this may be related to the menu issue on the 4slots we are working at right now.

Thanks

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Just something useful here that I thought was well worth posting at this stage. As some of you know, I've had a few issues with my 1FZ. My plan this morning was to look at the clocks on the MVS, in particular the master clock and clocks output from the NEO-D0 and LSPC-A2. Before I did this something caught my eye whilst checking the crystal and the associated caps - the crystal on many MV1FZ boards does NOT have the can grounded. There's a strap over it, but it was 1mm clear of the can all around. A quick check on my multimeter and indeed the can was floating. I've soldered the strap onto the can (note that this can sometimes damage crystals if too much heat is applied), and the net result is I've gone from having loads of CRC problems to litterally none (I say litterally because I've tested the whole day and only managed to get 1 single CRC issue with KoF2003 and this I believe is due to the current test firmware I am on).

But the difference in behaviour is like night and day, and I've compared to 3 other MV1FZ boards and NONE of them have the can grounded (2 had a strap over not making a connection), one had an LC type crystal. One of them was making a connection but was just glued onto the strap, the connection was not very good at all. So it's well worth checking your crystal can is grounded. This won't cause a problem for everyone, it's all about noise in the area, where the crystal is located, perhaps the quality of the crystal and numerous other factors including ambient temperature and humidity - I know this because my CRC behaviour seemed to follow a pattern related to room temperature and humidity and this was driving me nuts!!!

I am curious to understand the difference in quality / behaviour of different crystal types if anyone knows? One of my 1FZ boards has a low profile type crystal the others have the larger elongated can. My guess is they are going to be the same but just in different packages. But the low profile one didn't have a strap and had no way to connect it to ground unless you soldered a wire etc.

Just to re-itterate, if your can is floating you might not have a problem, but if you have a problem with CRCs or other weird behaviour, check that crystal!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Just something useful here that I thought was well worth posting at this stage. As some of you know, I've had a few issues with my 1FZ. My plan this morning was to look at the clocks on the MVS, in particular the master clock and clocks output from the NEO-D0 and LSPC-A2. Before I did this something caught my eye whilst checking the crystal and the associated caps - the crystal on many MV1FZ boards does NOT have the can grounded. There's a strap over it, but it was 1mm clear of the can all around. A quick check on my multimeter and indeed the can was floating. I've soldered the strap onto the can (note that this can sometimes damage crystals if too much heat is applied), and the net result is I've gone from having loads of CRC problems to litterally none (I say litterally because I've tested the whole day and only managed to get 1 single CRC issue with KoF2003 and this I believe is due to the current test firmware I am on).

But the difference in behaviour is like night and day, and I've compared to 3 other MV1FZ boards and NONE of them have the can grounded (2 had a strap over not making a connection), one had an LC type crystal. One of them was making a connection but was just glued onto the strap, the connection was not very good at all. So it's well worth checking your crystal can is grounded. This won't cause a problem for everyone, it's all about noise in the area, where the crystal is located, perhaps the quality of the crystal and numerous other factors including ambient temperature and humidity - I know this because my CRC behaviour seemed to follow a pattern related to room temperature and humidity and this was driving me nuts!!!

I am curious to understand the difference in quality / behaviour of different crystal types if anyone knows? One of my 1FZ boards has a low profile type crystal the others have the larger elongated can. My guess is they are going to be the same but just in different packages. But the low profile one didn't have a strap and had no way to connect it to ground unless you soldered a wire etc.

Just to re-itterate, if your can is floating you might not have a problem, but if you have a problem with CRCs or other weird behaviour, check that crystal!

This is really interesting, thanks for keeping troubleshooting this... question, is the crystal a component easily replaceable? (I mean, is that model available for buy?)