MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Looking forward to reveive it :)

Our pleasure !!

We would like to anounce that we have started working on adding bootlegs/hacks support to NEOSD (right now the goal is to get all bootlegs/hacks on MAME working, others will follow once we have finished with MAME ones).
As today we already have most of MAME bootlegs/hacks working and we think all those should be supported by launch day (15h November). We will upload some videos next Saturday, to show bootlegs/hacks running.

The software we have sent into Razoola´s NEOSD, it was last week´s version, so it didnt have bootlegs/hacks supported. It just had ALL comercial games working.

Thanks !!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I just had a call from UPS, there is a chance I get the neoSD this afternoon/evening all going well.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It has arrived... Raz is currently... doing his 'thang..

I assume he's making notes on his notepad...

xROTx

PS. He has TERRIBLE handwriting man... geez..

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Just a quick message to say now that I have received the NeoSD for review. After an hour of quick testing. So far, it is real, it does load and play original versions of games.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Woo hoo! Looking forward to the detailed review once you've dived deeper.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I can't believe I missed this topic. I need to pay more attention.

I've just read through all 18 pages (slow day at work) and this sounds really exciting.

One question; As someone who never uses ROMs or MAME, how easy would this be to set up for a complete n00b? I'm interested in placing an order, but I have always played games on original hardware, and have no knowledge on loading ROMs, etc. The technical talk here just looked like gibberish to me.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I can't believe I missed this topic. I need to pay more attention.

I've just read through all 18 pages (slow day at work) and this sounds really exciting.

One question; As someone who never uses ROMs or MAME, how easy would this be to set up for a complete n00b? I'm interested in placing an order, but I have always played games on original hardware, and have no knowledge on loading ROMs, etc. The technical talk here just looked like gibberish to me.

I guess Raz will answer this in his review. Not too much left now, patience ;)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I'm looking for somone with an MVS + UniBios and an original SVC or kof2003 cart to drop me a PM or pop into chat if your ok to test something for me (unibios related). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Fogueman

PUNCH BULL, WIN STEAK!!!, ,
Please Razoola can you answer an easy question ? I think lots of us are waiting for the response

Does NeoSD work with the mvs converter Magic Key?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I have no idea at this point.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I have svc aes original, and unibios. If that will help i can test after work late tonight.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Im not sure that will because that version of the game is not dumped yet and it may be different.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
For those that asked, Crossed Swords 2 and Dragons heaven/Dark Seed work.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Hopefully Raz's review goes good, cause I already ordered.

of course it does. personally i dont have any doubts that the neosd cart will be an excellent product.

ps: i have a mvs, unibios 3.3 and kof2003...

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
of course it does. personally i dont have any doubts that the neosd cart will be an excellent product.

ps: i have a mvs, unibios 3.3 and kof2003...

Im feeling pretty positive as well. The universe is finally aligning for the Neo Geo fans.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I'm looking for somone with an MVS + UniBios and an original SVC or kof2003 cart to drop me a PM or pop into chat if your ok to test something for me (unibios related). Thanks in advance.

I have original KoF2003 MVS and UniBIOS 3.3 on a 2-slot. Can test after work tonight.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Here is a list of a few of the protected games I have tested so far. Metal Slug X is the only game failing the crc32 check so far due to patching into the P ROM. NeoSD did mention about this in the thread pages back and he plans for this to be fixed as soon as the protection mechanics of the game are understood.

I don't have the fasted SD card on the market so some of these times can be improoved apon with a better card. It's worth keeping in mind these are the biggest NeoGeo games though. I have not yet fully checked sound but so far it feels spot on.

Code:
Game Abbreviation   UniBios CRC32   SOUND   Flash Time
-----------------   -------------   -----   ---------- 
KOF 98              PASS            GOOD    4:02
KOF 99              PASS            GOOD    4:14
KOF 2000            PASS            GOOD    4:30
KOF 2001            PASS            GOOD    3:54
METAL SLUG X        FAIL (P1 ROM)   GOOD    2:58
METAL SLUG 3        PASS            GOOD    4:30
METAL SLUG 4        PASS            GOOD    3:20
SAMURAI SHODOWN 5   PASS            GOOD    4:28
SAMURAI SHODOWN 5SP PASS            GOOD    4:26