MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Raz does your Crossed Swords 2 conversion work? Thanks!

I would be very surprised if Crossed Swords 2 did not work and there is not a single reason I can think of as to why it would not work.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
it was created in the MAME conversion so I guess it will be ok.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I have to admit being slightly concerned that it needs a specific MAME ROM set - I've got a full set of ROMs already but I am betting that the filenaming of the ROMs in the zips will not match despite the ROMs being the correct CRC. Does it give any clues to the file it cannot find - that way I can modify my ROM sets to get the files named correctly?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
If you got the set used in MAME and you use clrmame pro all the ROMs should be named ok. I think in the end the reality will be not many people will use the neobuilder to make the files as somone will host the .neo files ready made somewhere.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I think in the end the reality will be not many people will use the neobuilder to make the files as somone will host the .neo files ready made somewhere.

this...at that point we would basically need only one MD5, from the (trusted) source of the bundle.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I just had bad experiences previously trying to sort out the madness of MAME ROM sets - even using that clrmame tool. I suspect with the neo geo roms it might not be so much of a problem because most seem to have been good dumps right from the start, whereas other arcade systems had many boots and corrupted roms etc - that's probably where I had trouble I think.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I read over the thread ... didn't see any mention so, I'll ask. Are the "Link-Up" communications lines present? I noticed the edge connector at the top of the pcb...

That connector is used to program the chips.
Theoretically, it could be used to create a serial port to allow game linking, for games that support linking.
We say theoretically, because we have not tried it, so we dont know if it will work.
Neosd would need a small pcb adapter with a transceiver and connectors for the link attached to this connector, it is something that we want to try, yes, but its sitting at the end of the priority list right now.
No one should buy NEOSD expecting this functionality, this does not mean that we are not going to deliver it, we would like to see if it is possible at some point.

Thanks

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Is this save or a ripoff?

Wut?

Do you mean... "Is this safe or a ripoff?"

The project looks legit... but we are waiting on Razoola's product review... and you can make your own decisions from there...

xROTx

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
yes sorry for my broken english. when i spend my money on it. will i get a working product or will i cry because i have thrown money out of the window?

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Is this save or a ripoff?
If its a fake its an absolute master piece of fakery - sure the videos could be faked, but the PCB layout looks absolutely geniune to me. The site that first reviewed it is credible, so I would say its safe to order one.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
yes sorry for my broken english. when i spend my money on it. will i get a working product or will i cry because i have thrown money out of the window?

Razoola will have the neosd product soon... he will review it...

As long as you don't believe Razoola is a scammer or such... then you can make your own decisions from there...

Just be patient my young n00b Padawah...

xROTx

PS. RELAX... it's all good fun...

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Haha, Razoola is 100% legit! I have his bios for every console, the cd2pc thingy and the CSII for MVS. :-)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

If you aren't sure, wait. Razoola will get his review unit soon, and other people will get their first batch units in a few weeks. At that point if there are any major problems to iron out it will be found out, or if it was some elaborate scam like the Fusion converter, we'll know about it. Being a first adopter contains certain risks.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If this works out I would be tempted to part with the last of my carts for this.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'll be posting whether or not it works with the Daedalus, starting with the most expensive/popular games. Metal Slugs, Garou, Blazing Star, Pulstar, TSS, etc... So if anyone is waiting on that information, I will be on it ASAP. Got to fingure out CLRMAMEPRO though. Managing MAME Roms is not my strong point.

Hopefully Raz's review goes good, cause I already ordered.

tcdev

NEST Puppet
If its a fake its an absolute master piece of fakery - sure the videos could be faked, but the PCB layout looks absolutely geniune to me.
The prototype looks absolutely nothing like a HICAP50B CCTV capture card... ;)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Looking forward to reveive it :)