MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Do you know what size of MicroSD it supports yet? I am guessing a 16Gb SDHC will work?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
EERR... Can I ask why we are comparing a non existent device to one that we have?

What... are you trying to create some drama here Rcantor? I mean... at least neosd is willing to talk to us and bend over backwards to reassure the community here...

Of course you can place a pre-order now for Darksofts non existent and non specification product... Not really bothered.

ALTERNATIVELY... you wait for Razoolas review.. without the bullshit drama...

If some of you feel you can't stay civil to neosd and everyone who's contributed to this thread... you can await the review in the War Room...

xROTx

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
With NeoSD, will it be technically possible to purchase legit ROMs from NG:Dev to run? So instead of buying the game for 500 Euro (or whatever they sell for), you'd buy the ROM at an acceptable price (for example 50 Euro) and run it on NeoSD. Assuming NG:Dev want to do that of course...

Lol

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello everyone,

There is a difference betwen tell users "we are going to give you everything you want" and to tell users "this is what you get right now. Real, true, working"
There is a difference betwen get users money when you dont know if you will be able to deliver a product, and get users money when you have it working.

We have shipped Raz´s NEOSD two days ago, it has the software version we had two days ago, its still a work in progress firmware, we have tried every oficial game and all worked fine, if Raz finds a bug it will be fixed, if an user finds a bug on the final version, it will be fixed and we will issue an update.
In about 18 days when we meet release date and we ship final units, there will be more things done. But just now, we are not going to anounce anything that is not finished, tested and working.

Also, we would like to state that we have shipped Raz´s cart without asking him nothing in exchange. If we would be other kind of people, we could fear in sending it to anyone with the skills of Raz.

Also, the cart has been designed from day one to allow homebrew. Developers interested on make neogeo games will have more possibilities with NEOSD than with anything else already built.

Thanks everyone for supporting us, "out of the blue" guys :)

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Do you know what size of MicroSD it supports yet? I am guessing a 16Gb SDHC will work?

Up to 32gbs, we just did some tests with 8-9 euros microsds (class 10) and noticed big differences betwen brands, we purchased Sony, Toshiba and Sandisk, all class 10 and Toshiba was 30 secconds faster than Sandisk loading Kof 2003.
Complete neo geo romset in neo format is about 9 gbs if i dont remember bad ...

neosd

Neosd Developer
With NeoSD, will it be technically possible to purchase legit ROMs from NG:Dev to run? So instead of buying the game for 500 Euro (or whatever they sell for), you'd buy the ROM at an acceptable price (for example 50 Euro) and run it on NeoSD. Assuming NG:Dev want to do that of course...

Right now, this is only a comercial issue.

I think we can anounce that NeoSD has been designed to allow homebrew developers sell theyr games on our plataform, you will get more details once we have the first developer interested on do it. This function is built in NeoSD from day 0.

Thanks !

cyd

New Challenger
NeoSD, does your product have I/O pins to use for "link-up" games such as thrash rally?

tcdev

NEST Puppet
I think we can anounce that NeoSD has been designed to allow homebrew developers sell theyr games on our plataform, you will get more details once we have the first developer interested on do it. This function is built in NeoSD from day 0.
That's awesome to hear, though perhaps not surprising given the nature of the product, and your presumed desire to appeal to the biggest market possible! ;)

Assuming the homebrew developer doesn't require any custom cartridge logic to be supported, is it possible for the developer to release the ROMs and have them run on (pre-)existing NeoSD units? ie. No software/firmware updates required to support a new homebrew game?

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
The fact that you are getting back to everyone's questions says a lot in my book.

And now we wait for Raz :)

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Darksoft has no prototype, he has offered no technical specifications. There are no details on design, hardware, software nothing. There is no indication that DS has any clue whatsoever on the engineering of neo-geo hardware at all.

He will have to purchase a neosd and study it thoroughly to get anywhere near producing a cartridge of his own design. I give him another 2 years, maybe.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Might I suggest something here?

Let's focus on what we have in FRONT of us... which is neosd's project...

Discussing what anyone may or may not have is not gonna help here... in OTHER words... this thread is exclusively for the neosd product... all other talk should be refrained upon..

xROTx

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
EERR... Can I ask why we are comparing a non existent device to one that we have?

What... are you trying to create some drama here Rcantor? I mean... at least neosd is willing to talk to us and bend over backwards to reassure the community here...

Of course you can place a pre-order now for Darksofts non existent and non specification product... Not really bothered.

ALTERNATIVELY... you wait for Razoolas review.. without the bullshit drama...

If some of you feel you can't stay civil to neosd and everyone who's contributed to this thread... you can await the review in the War Room...

xROTx

Lol Rot... drama, me... I hate drama.

I just want to know more about the device and hear thoughts as to what each does/doesn't support.

I appreciate the DS device is not complete.. but he has delivered on all the rest so its probably a given it will materialise at some point.

So just trying to gain more info... especially around this device as this is here now and looks great.

One more question I do have neosd, what are you planning in terms of productions runs..? Are you just doing a pre-order runs and then that is it or are you planning to hold stock and keep making more as needed..? Cheers.

neosd

Neosd Developer
If a developer wants to release a free game, it will work on ANY NEOSD cart provided it just uses a 'standard' neogeo cartridge (pre kof99), that is, 1 MB program, up to 8MB banks, 64 MB sprites, 16 MB audio samples (merged regions).

On the other hand, if a developer wants to sell a game rather than make it free, he will be able to lock a game for a certain NEOSD cart, so it will only boot in ONE or SOME carts.

Thanks

That's awesome to hear, though perhaps not surprising given the nature of the product, and your presumed desire to appeal to the biggest market possible! ;)

Assuming the homebrew developer doesn't require any custom cartridge logic to be supported, is it possible for the developer to release the ROMs and have them run on (pre-)existing NeoSD units? ie. No software/firmware updates required to support a new homebrew game?

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
This is great that you want to offer this! I would want a version of the NeoSD that is bare (no NeoSD menus or logos, no SD card support, etc.) and is basically a cart that I can attach a daughtercard (through a header connector or whatever) and program it, then detach the daughtercard and put the programmed boards into shell and package it for shipment...

This is one of the ideas we thought about if we were to make a flashable cart, but I was thinking through USB, much like NGDT's cart. But a cart with an attachable daughtercard with the capability to program it from an SD card is fine too. Just something I can remove so that the flashing (or reading) circuit is not present on the release cart.

If a developer wants to release a free game, it will work on ANY NEOSD cart provided it just uses a 'standard' neogeo cartridge (pre kof99), that is, 1 MB program, up to 8MB banks, 64 MB sprites, 16 MB audio samples (merged regions).

On the other hand, if a developer wants to sell a game rather than make it free, he will be able to lock a game for a certain NEOSD cart, so it will only boot in ONE or SOME carts.

Thanks

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There are guys that make NES/SNES boards like that, that are basically single game flash carts. They're awesome, so much better than desoldering/soldering stuff from donor boards (and no more murdering Madden carts!)

neosd

Neosd Developer
Asking about how many units are we going to manufacture gives no useful info to the audience here.

You can tell DS that we have put real money here, we have bought a PILE of chips, some are sitting in a corner at our office, others are on the factory right now waiting for the pcbs to be soldered at. Everyting payed upfront, before we showed NEOSD to the public.
So if the project is a sucess we will only have to deal with factory built times, and this sounds more easy than what it is. If its not, we could build other things with those, but not ANY other things, cause we have signed contracts that wont allow us to build massive destruction weapons (this is not a joke, even it sounds like it is :) ).

We have stated that the first goal of this project was to have a neo geo flashcart for once.
Part of the team, own other different companies, we made this cause we really wanted a NeoSD for us.
Seccond goal, and this is me talking about that, was to create a company to explore projects with other guys that i really think they are exceptional.
You have to be crazy to put the money and time we have put into this, or be crazy and want a neo geo flashcart as hard as we wanted.

We may fail as a company, even that users will have NEOSD, i can tell you we have already done much more than others to deliver the Neo Geo flashcart.

So love it or hate it, but here it is, the damn neo geo flashcart.

Thanks !

I just want to know more about the device and hear thoughts as to what each does/doesn't support.

I appreciate the DS device is not complete.. but he has delivered on all the rest so its probably a given it will materialise at some point.

So just trying to gain more info... especially around this device as this is here now and looks great.

One more question I do have neosd, what are you planning in terms of productions runs..? Are you just doing a pre-order runs and then that is it or are you planning to hold stock and keep making more as needed..? Cheers.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

I am losing my patience with you Darksoft cocksuckers...

Either stay on topic... or shut the fuck up...

I have told the forum... and they agree... this is the neosd thread.. NOT anything else... to make this AWESOME clear to you...

NEXT time you post... it better be on topic and awesome relevant... I don't really care if you like the drama or not OR if you're fudgepacking Darksofts anus...... I'll fookin make sure you stay in line...

xROTx

PS. FFS... dumbass UK n00bs...

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
neosd, I do like it that you have released this product without any hype, BS and ultimately sent Raz a copy with no questions asked.

I look forward to seeing Raz's reviews and the potential your product has to offer.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So awesome to see everything working so nicely, I'm so pumped for this, tempted to jump the gun but I'm also interested in hearing from Raz when the time comes. Watch him give it the A-OK and everyone rush in, it's gonna be madness, lol.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
It certainly is going to be madness... once Raz has given his review there will be a huge number of people pressing the purchase button.