Conspiracy Theories: Do people really believe these things? YES

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Don't they pore molten aluminun down termite hole/nests?

You can pour molten aluminum in all kinds of things. It cools and hardens very quickly, so it's great for a less destructive mold of something like a termite or ant nest. Even watermelons.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Most deniers can never give me a straight answer to this: was only Apollo 11 a fake or have we never been at all?

Did Apollo 10 even orbit the moon?

Ppl be crazy.

According to what I've read, Apollo 11 generation radiation shielding would not have been sufficient. And the astronauts would have been fried if they went past the Van Allen belt.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
God (or sometimes Satan or Scientists) put dinosaur bones in the earth to test us.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
...fixed for you Kiel...

xROTx

You know Rot pal, I was going to add something about neckblood and kfc buckets but I just left it. Thanks for taking up the slack for me :)

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The Tonkin Gulf incident also stinks to high hell.

I don't ever recall it being a conspiracy theory. It was just that the justification for war was based on an event that didn't happen.

The SIGINT also shows, according to Hanyok, that a second attack, on August 4, 1964, by North Vietnamese torpedo boats on U.S. ships, did not occur despite claims to the contrary by the Johnson administration. President Johnson and Secretary of Defense McNamara treated Agency SIGINT reports as vital evidence of a second attack and used this claim to support retaliatory air strikes and to buttress the administration's request for a Congressional resolution that would give the White House freedom of action in Vietnam.

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB132/press20051201.htm

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
This thread needs more Jesse Ventura!

That show was great for all the wrong reasons!

The show was mostly hilarious, but the fusion center episode was actually pretty scary.

fake

15 Year Member
For a few years I questioned if Apollo 11 landed on the moon. Clearly someone did since there are mirrors on the surface of the moon, but I figured it could have been later missions that put them there. What had me questioning the landing was footage showing that the Apollo 11 astronauts very clearly cut a circle out of a piece of cardboard and put it up to the window. This created the illusion that they were much further away from Earth than they really were. In the footage, they claim that they have the lens put up against the window, yet you see a shoulder pop into frame and hear someone say, "Get out of the shot, Buzz." I don't know why they would have done this, but these days I do 99.9% believe Apollo 11 did land on the moon. This is because of they simply didn't have the technology to fake the video footage. The linchpin of the conspiracy theory is that the footage is slowed down. That would require magnetic disc recorders far larger than what was available at the time. The biggest ones that were commercially available (they were used for sports replays) could hold about 9 or 10 seconds of slow-mo footage. The first EVA was 143 minutes! There's just no way. Even if you say "OK, well what if they used film?" There's no film grain, scratches, marks, or splices on the 143 minutes. This would require a single film magazine as big as a car tire. No way.

I'd also say that PRISM and NSA spying counts as a true conspiracy theory. People have been asserting that the government has been spying on its citizens for decades. Now it's clearly true.

fake

15 Year Member
The "mona lisa" on the moon is a rabbit hole that goes very deep, depending on how crazy you wanna get.

No, it doesn't. It's been proven that the images and footage are composites of home-made and NASA-produced imagery. The Apollo 20 videos are pretty creepy though; I'll give the guy that much.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Religions: Do people really believe these things?

If it is ok or understandable to believe in a religion, a conspiracy theory is fine too.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
The best conspiracy debunking video I saw for the moon landing deniers was one where a guy talked about how the only way to mimic the moon's gravity at the time was to slow down film by using a higher effective frame-rate via overcranking and, consequently, consuming a vastly larger amount of film to get that effect.
The resulting length of film reel and the people and facilities needed to splice and edit it into the full broadcast would have required so many people, materials, and square footage of space and equipment that it would have been impossible to hide it.

The other method required magnetic storage cameras, which at the time, could only store about 30 seconds of video (or 90 seconds of Apollo 11's 10 FPS footage).

It was cheaper and easier to actually go to the moon than try and fake it 143 minutes of footage with late 1960s film technology.

http://www.geek.com/geek-pick/why-it-was-impossible-to-fake-the-1969-moon-landing-1537386/

edit - Oops, my bad. Well, enjoy the link to the actual video anyway.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
Read the fucking thread. I just posted this 20 minutes ago.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Religions: Do people really believe these things?

If it is ok or understandable to believe in a religion, a conspiracy theory is fine too.

If you look at how people behave, then no, I don't believe people really do believe in religion.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
DNSDies never existed. Posts that quote him are part of a false flag operation.