Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I do.

Make sure you have an empty cart shell.

It runs SMS, too.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Do you enjoy it? Any flaws? I was wanting one to avoid the collector rat race.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member

I like enough SMS and Game Gear games where it's been worth the price tenfold.

I haven't had the need to take it out of the system since I got it in October. Runs everything I've thrown at it just fine.

Game Gear stuff is still pretty cheap, but don't expect that to last long.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's awesome, very recommended. The only flaw I found is that Shining Force Sword of Yomama doesn't work properly on it, but I played that on Sega CD instead.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer

The one complaint I've heard is that there's very little support for the the GG Everdrive compared to all the other products he puts out, and this one could really use an updated OS.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Apparently the latest firmware update is broken, people use an older version.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I want to say I have v8, but I dont know for sure. I'll look when I get home.

Honestly, it works for all the roms I have on my SD, so I don;t see a problem using an older firmware.

For my Mega Everdrive, I got the newest firmware. The "Recently Played" option is actually very useful.

Real talk: if it's available, get the GG ED - I got mine through Stone Age Gamer (it was the best option fr buying one in the states), and they rely on Krikzz to get inventory, so they tend to sell out quick.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I can support the hype for the GG everdrive. Enjoying mine.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I placed an order for one at retrogate last week, still waiting for some sort of notification from them. I would just buy from krikzz.com if he took paypal...

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I have a great everdrive, barely used. Anyone want to buy it lol

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I'm just want to point out that I have 1 MicroSD that I use between all my everdrives. The fact that the GG everdrive and the Genesis ED both play SMS games means that you can use the same saves on the SD card between systems.

Ultra convenient if you're playing an SMS game that uses saves so that you're not tied to one system.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
So, practically a month later, I finally have a Game Gear Everdrive. Despite the few flaws it has (Gunstar Heroes crashes, Shining Force games don't save and SG1000 games break on firmware v8), it is the best Game Gear accessory money can buy. What good is a new LCD or GGTV if you have no games? It's so nice having access to fan translations, protos and overly expensive titles. Even if it weren't for those, having everything on one cart means far better road trip experiences.

Maybe I'll snap a pic of my EDGG. All that's unique is the label and cart shell.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Got a consolized Game Gear. RGB and a Genesis controller is da biznis

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I never could get Shining Force Gaiden to save on mine. Played the Sega CD version instead.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
nice. Anyone have experience with stoneage gamers? looking to buy one of these

I got my NeoSD from StoneAge with zero issues. Only thing that sucks is that youre charged sales tax if you live in Ohio. First world problem there. :)

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
nice. Anyone have experience with stoneage gamers? looking to buy one of these

Bought all my ED's from SAG. I always got my stuff earlier than expected, even with the standard shipping.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
We used to make fun of SAG for putting the Everdrives in ridiculous packages and marking them up a huge amount, but they sell basic versions at a comparable prices to buying from krikkz directly now. I've bought a couple from there, everything went fine.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
We used to make fun of SAG for putting the Everdrives in ridiculous packages and marking them up a huge amount, but they sell basic versions at a comparable prices to buying from krikkz directly now. I've bought a couple from there, everything went fine.

I prefer not to have "Stone Age Gamer" plastered all over Krikzz products. Is there an option for that?

Also, the Everdrive Black Friday sale is just around the corner. May as well wait a couple more weeks to purchase.