FS: 40 MVS titles - Sunday Morning 10am

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I read this as "what kind of sex are we buying" maybe it was intentional? Certainly got me to click.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Everything that has been paid for is packed and will ship out tomorrow. I'm out of town for a couple days after that so response to any pm's will be delayed.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Late to the party, but dont forget:
[video=youtube;gy1B3agGNxw]https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw[/video]

Good luck with the sale Mike.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
back from short vacation - will respond to PM's tonight...sorry for delays...

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi there. Saxophone player here. Started with Clarinet as a 7 year old, went to Sax when I was 10. Played em all...Alto, Tenor, Soprano, Baritone. I wanted to give you my 2 cents on what you should get your kid. I even used to work at a music store, so I've played a ton of these instruments.

I haven't played a Jupiter in a while, but at the time I remember being impressed for the quality of the horn at the price. If you want a beginner instrument that has comparable sound (it will always be different) to a Yamaha, which I imagine is more expensive, it's pretty decent. I was never a fan of the beginner Selmer's, at least the newer ones.

The bigger picture question is how much your kid wants to play, what type of Sax music he wants to play, and what kind of sound he wants out of the horn. Yamaha tends to have a brighter sound. I actually have 2 Yamaha Intermediate horns, and I used them for marching bands, pep bands, concert music...things like that. It just has a really good sound, and they are well constructed. Hard to go wrong. But if I was playing professionally chances are I wouldn't be using a Yamaha.

If your child is getting very serious about the sax, and you want this horn to be something he plays for 20 years, and he wants to do things like jazz, and you are willing to make the investment, and older Selmer Mark 6 is a GREAT saxophone. I have played many of them, and they are terrific. But an instrument like this is like a baby practically. You would actually not want a newer one, and it would need to be well taken care of. A saxophone like this is the type you never get rid of if you have one. There is something to be said for that when it comes to instruments. They are an investment and keep their value, but more importantly it's the type of possession you cherish the rest of your life. I love collecting video games, but there is definitely something different about an instrument. But I wouldn't go recommending right off the bat to just get one of these things...this would ONLY be if you think your kid wants to be a professional or make some other lifetime commitment to it. Otherwise, just get a quality starter horn. He can play that through high school and it will sound just fine. Don't go cheap on a beat up instrument. We found an old Conn that could have been good and tried to fix it up, and it never played right. Ended up just getting something different and it was a sunk cost. I think a rental is a bad idea based on what you say about your child.

All that said, there are a lot of decent horns out there, so if you are just looking for something for your kid to grow with there are plenty of fair choices. You can always upgrade later. Hope this helps.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
Hi there. Saxophone player here. Started with Clarinet as a 7 year old, went to Sax when I was 10. Played em all...Alto, Tenor, Soprano, Baritone. I wanted to give you my 2 cents on what you should get your kid. I even used to work at a music store, so I've played a ton of these instruments.

I haven't played a Jupiter in a while, but at the time I remember being impressed for the quality of the horn at the price. If you want a beginner instrument that has comparable sound (it will always be different) to a Yamaha, which I imagine is more expensive, it's pretty decent. I was never a fan of the beginner Selmer's, at least the newer ones.

The bigger picture question is how much your kid wants to play, what type of Sax music he wants to play, and what kind of sound he wants out of the horn. Yamaha tends to have a brighter sound. I actually have 2 Yamaha Intermediate horns, and I used them for marching bands, pep bands, concert music...things like that. It just has a really good sound, and they are well constructed. Hard to go wrong. But if I was playing professionally chances are I wouldn't be using a Yamaha.

If your child is getting very serious about the sax, and you want this horn to be something he plays for 20 years, and he wants to do things like jazz, and you are willing to make the investment, and older Selmer Mark 6 is a GREAT saxophone. I have played many of them, and they are terrific. But an instrument like this is like a baby practically. You would actually not want a newer one, and it would need to be well taken care of. A saxophone like this is the type you never get rid of if you have one. There is something to be said for that when it comes to instruments. They are an investment and keep their value, but more importantly it's the type of possession you cherish the rest of your life. I love collecting video games, but there is definitely something different about an instrument. But I wouldn't go recommending right off the bat to just get one of these things...this would ONLY be if you think your kid wants to be a professional or make some other lifetime commitment to it. Otherwise, just get a quality starter horn. He can play that through high school and it will sound just fine. Don't go cheap on a beat up instrument. We found an old Conn that could have been good and tried to fix it up, and it never played right. Ended up just getting something different and it was a sunk cost. I think a rental is a bad idea based on what you say about your child.

All that said, there are a lot of decent horns out there, so if you are just looking for something for your kid to grow with there are plenty of fair choices. You can always upgrade later. Hope this helps.

giphy.gif

Damn you really know your stuff!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
What're the differences between the versions of Martial Masters? Really wanted to snag one with Bee Storm, but contemplating grabbing one solo

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
What're the differences between the versions of Martial Masters? Really wanted to snag one with Bee Storm, but contemplating grabbing one solo

Most of the PGM rev differences are undocumented, there have been a few people that've gotten responses from PGM about the versions, but overall largely they're unknown. At least in the west...

Edit, I was wrong on this one:
Differences in the old version (v102/101/101)
---------------------------------------------

- Everything does WAY more damage. Somewhere in the ballpark of 1.5x times more
- Red Snake's 236B+C has a lot more recovery, so no delaunch.
- Monk can't cancel into his command grabs.
- Can't select Snake's default colors with A+B.
- Old version input is much less lenient.
- Reika's f.C doesn't cancel to 6C
- Lots more ...

Last edited:

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Removed sold items, dropped prices on remaining stuff.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
update - all here is sold. Will be listing 40 MVS titles in Neo Selling tomorrow morning.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Wow. It finally happened. God bless, you crazy man.

Will be checking the new thread eagerly.