I hate the Snes, it's a piece of crap

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Super Mario World is such a bland boring game, hell it is a downgrade in graphics and gameplay from SMB 3 on the NES. What happened to all the power ups and crazy levels? Why people love that game I have no idea.

Yoshi's Island on the otherhand is a god damned masterpiece, but it isn't a true Mario game, it is a Yoshi game.

Last edited:

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
A lot of those rarer N64 titles were expensive 5+ years ago, but I can't remember how much they went for. Of those titles you called out specifically Bomberman is the only one I own because even back then I wasn't willing to fork out the cash for the others. I think I got Bomberman off EBay in one of those Nintendo stamped plastic cases w/the manual. I'll probably continue on w/the collection eventually but there are some games I will just never own since it's not worth the money.

I live by a used game shop and i can remember the n64 titles being pretty reasonable for the most part and the amount of games in the store were plentiful. The most expensive of titles didn't top more than $30 dollars. But now the N64 section is almost barren and the few good games that they have are sitting behind the glass. I still want to get games like the mario party and conkers but some of the other ones can forget it. Like $40 for the worst version of Starcraft!

As for SNES being crap? I thought that for the longest time but I was a little kid at that time and just got caught up with the whole console war. Depending on the camp you were with, I think peoples views might be different. The NES didn't have this problem since it was the undisputed king in its time.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
A lot of those rarer N64 titles were expensive 5+ years ago, but I can't remember how much they went for. Of those titles you called out specifically Bomberman is the only one I own because even back then I wasn't willing to fork out the cash for the others. I think I got Bomberman off EBay in one of those Nintendo stamped plastic cases w/the manual. I'll probably continue on w/the collection eventually but there are some games I will just never own since it's not worth the money.

Well 4-5 years ago I could get all of them for no more than $20, and some I did. The last of those I had would have been Bomberman Second Attack about maybe 2 years ago or so, it was $6 at a half price books store and I grabbed it knowing even then it was around the $50 mark so I knew they mismarked it and it was pretty solid but I preferred Bomberman Hero, so once it was around $75 and I hadn't used it for a year I got rid of it. ;) Starcraft though I've had a few times, paid no more than $20 on that one and it's worth it given it has the entire Brood War package from PC and an added campaign only on there too. Worms I never bothered with, the racer I touched at Midway when I was there. Ogre Battle I've had a few times as well, just never was any good at that style game so I'd get bored but Iv'e kept the SNES one along with a very solid guide book good for it or the PSX release. As it is I've skimped my N64 pile down to 25 games, even then 2 of them are the badass best of the JP imports (and most expensive too) which I got on a damn fine deal from a US seller who had both in a bundle -- Sin and Punishment & Bakaretsu Muteki Bangaioh, both fantastic and tricky too.

I've considered getting a few more but until I find a happy time I feel I've removed enough crap off my plate I've let it just set as I don't need a larger wall of unused goods. N64 is not out of control by any means like the NES and SNES.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
SNES?.. you mean that one Genesis rip off system right?... :spock:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I sold my SNES and games back in the day for a Saturn.

Several months ago on here I picked up a SFC. Currently this is my game collection. Just need Super Metroid and I'll be happy.

a5f5c3fdf01befff17cc4edf82c31a91.jpg

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
This was what I had. Fuck, do I regret selling that Super Game Boy.

GEDC0089.jpg

lions3

Igniz's Servent
This was what I had. Fuck, do I regret selling that Super Game Boy.

Is the Super Game Boy hard to find? The local shop down the street from me has a few of them.

Super R-Type!? Am I the only one that absolutely loved the intro? That music! Plus seeing those little sprite figures prepping the ship was just too cool.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Hating any system is pretty stupid. I like all consoles and games from them, some have more good games than others, but there's almost always some nice ones on any console. Except shit like N-gage I guess, that thing sucks :lolz:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Super GB is cheap unless you want the original big box release with the branded strategy guide in there as that just gets stupid.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I don't hate the SNES, never did, I just prefer the Genny over it, it had more games to my liking and was closer to what happened in the arcades back in the day.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Hating any system is pretty stupid. I like all consoles and games from them, some have more good games than others, but there's almost always some nice ones on any console. Except shit like N-gage I guess, that thing sucks :lolz:

Agreed. Except 3DO is hard to love...

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
3do is a great system.

I had a 3DO for one reason, Way of the Warrior. The ads use to speak to me. I loved Mortal Kombat so much I thought WotW would be kinda like a successor to it. I use to drool over it with my friends. But then we played it. Childhood ruined.

If there is a great game to be played on the system I missed it.

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
(I know this thread is trolling, however...)
The 16-bit era was epic. Still, back then we weren't getting arcade perfect ports and I have way more love for the Arcade boards.

As a kid I loved reading shootouts of multiplats, and there's a lot of SNES exclusives that are still worth it. Nothing like kicking back with a beer with your higher serial # Snes and enjoying the crisp RGB.

Also, Kid Panda.
4c253ba426d5958b5c742cac6c57e99b.jpg

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
How could any gamer hate the snes, honestly???.
Ninty's best console by a country mile, so many good games, and this is coming from a sega boy.
I still fire up the snes and play a lot of it's class games to this day.
MD will alway's be my go to console but the snes is my second.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I love the SNES, but one thing I'm sick of is people casually stating that it has better sound quality than the Genesis/MD as if it's a fact. I feel that the Genesis/MD sound has aged better because the YM2612 is the same or close to the sound of many late 80's and early 90's arcade games and Japanese PC's. Plus the inclusion of the old Master System sounds makes it unique.

The sound is cleaner than the SNES's muddy old early PCM. The SNES is one of the first systems to use PCM, and we've heard it done much better from the consoles that followed, mostly due to higher memory. So although I'll admit it was impressive in its time, there's nothing special about the SNES sound these days.

If you're into chip tunes, the Genesis/MD is better hands down.

Last edited:

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I had a 3DO for one reason, Way of the Warrior. The ads use to speak to me. I loved Mortal Kombat so much I thought WotW would be kinda like a successor to it. I use to drool over it with my friends. But then we played it. Childhood ruined.

If there is a great game to be played on the system I missed it.

I guess great is relative but I still play mad dog and drug wars pretty regularly because it reminds me of never having the money for it in the arcade. Ssf2t, gex and a few other titles are still good fun too.

cat

3do is a great system.
I've still got my FZ-1 and FZ-10 that i managed to pick up cheap over the year's.
Not one of my favourite consoles but there's a couple of games i like on it.
Killing time, space hulk, super street fighter, the horde, road rash, return fire, gex, struggling after those though to be honest.
The 3do version of road rash is probably my favourite version of that game, it's still good today.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I love the SNES, but one thing I'm sick of is people casually stating that it has better sound quality than the Genesis/MD as if it's a fact. I feel that the Genesis/MD sound has aged better because the YM2612 is the same or close to the sound of many late 80's and early 90's arcade games and Japanese PC's. Plus the inclusion of the old Master System sounds makes it unique.

The sound is cleaner than the SNES's muddy old early PCM. The SNES is one of the first systems to use PCM, and we've heard it done much better from the consoles that followed, mostly due to higher memory. So although I'll admit it was impressive in its time, there's nothing special about the SNES sound these days.

If you're into chip tunes, the Genesis/MD is better hands down.

I agree with this.

cat

Are there any good 3do games that arent ports? the only good games i can think of off the top of my head are road rash, sam sho , and street fighter
Yep i agree with you.
Most of the 3do games were ported over to the ps1, there were not that many good games that were exclusive to the system, and the damn thing cost an absolute fortune back in the day (about 450 quid over here in the uk)

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Are there any good 3do games that arent ports? the only good games i can think of off the top of my head are road rash, sam sho , and street fighter

WotW is about the only thing I cared about. And soon there after did not care about.

Might bust it out again and give it another fair shake.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The Genesis having better sound than the SNES? Has the whole world gone crazy?