Rarity of English carts per the Neo Store based on their experience

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
With a Neo Turf Master selling over night for a whooping $9,999.99 the Neo Store posted in the listing what they believed to be the rarity of English carts based on their experience.

Rarity of English home carts is likely as follows, listing rarest first:

Kizuna Encuunter, Ultimate 11, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Ninja Masters, Stakes Winner, Double Dragon, Metal Slug 2, Samurai Shodown V Special unfixed, Last Blade 2, Metal Slug X, Mark of the Wolves, Rage of the Dragons, King of Fighters 2003...

Sale link http://www.neostore.com/Neo-Turf-Masters-English-AES-p/491.htm

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Well, if you read Shawn's entire description, it explains his reasoning. He's really just going by pure statistics there; and being a bit humorous in the process.

Make no mistake, a dozen or so home carts (specifically the US versions) have become so scarce over the years, that it makes sense we have arrived at this point. But as with all rare video games, there are two key things to always keep in mind. How many were made, and how many still exist.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
But as with all rare video games, there are two key things to always keep in mind. How many were made, and how many still exist.

I think only the latter matters. You gain nothing with a million carts made, if only 50 survive today. Only how many still exist matter, IMHO.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Currently in Europe U11 would make the opening & Puzzled would've made it at least after MotW. The only one U11 cart I came close to had a double label, so I will risk the assumption and say that all of them have these, while Kizuna hasn't -- this could indicate, that U11 is even scarcer. Another interesting observation I made is, that English AES snap-lock games sold in Germany (maybe whole Europe) at their release, lacked the barcode sticker. Maybe it's a distributional US-only thing?

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Rarity of English home carts is likely as follows, listing rarest first:

Kizuna Encuunter, Ultimate 11, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Ninja Masters, Stakes Winner, Double Dragon, Metal Slug 2, Samurai Shodown V Special unfixed, Last Blade 2, Metal Slug X, Mark of the Wolves, Rage of the Dragons, King of Fighters 2003...

Not sure how you came to this conclusion.
Kizuna Encounter, U11, Ninja Masters and Stakes Winners are rare for sure.

Metal Slug 1, 2 & X are not as rare as you thought- collectors just do not give them up easily and we have members holding multiple copies.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
Not sure how you came to this conclusion.
Kizuna Encounter, U11, Ninja Masters and Stakes Winners are rare for sure.

Metal Slug 1, 2 & X are not as rare as you thought- collectors just do not give them up easily and we have members holding multiple copies.

Did you happen to read where I wrote it was on the listing for Neo Turf from the Neo Store that sold???? So not sure why you directing it to me.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Not sure i agree 100% with your rarity list either blackamex. What are you basing your list on?

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
Not sure i agree 100% with your rarity list either blackamex. What are you basing your list on?

Shawn wrote the list in his listing of Neo Turf Master.... It's not my list. Click the link and read for yourself.

Last edited:

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
Currently in Europe U11 would make the opening & Puzzled would've made it at least after MotW. The only one U11 cart I came close to had a double label, so I will risk the assumption and say that all of them have these, while Kizuna hasn't -- this could indicate, that U11 is even scarcer. Another interesting observation I made is, that English AES snap-lock games sold in Germany (maybe whole Europe) at their release, lacked the barcode sticker. Maybe it's a distributional US-only thing?

Based on my research Bardcodes stopped at Neo Turf Master (NGH 200) or games released in 1996. The vast majority of rare Neo Games were released in 96 (9 in total I believe) and the last major release year they had with no other year having more than 4. Barcodes were issued in the North America territories starting with code starting 7 24678....... I don't believe at the time it was a European standard. In my opinion U11 is a lot more rare..... far more than we think.