NGF EBay account selling supposed rare NG prototypes.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I really hate to give NGF any level of oxygen, but this might have to be an exception.

Currently there's an auction for an unreleased Neo Geo modem prototype. Other potential items for listing, such as Warlock of the Dates and other unreleased protos, are noted in the description.

Take it for the large mound of salt and animosity that it deserves, but this could be a big deal.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/162052483039?_mwBanner=1

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Yeah they were all listed in the eBay thread ;-) so far nothing important has been listed unless you count a store bought CD-R as important :-) let's see those Unreleased games...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I really hate to give NGF any level of oxygen, but this might have to be an exception.

Currently there's an auction for an unreleased Neo Geo modem prototype. Other potential items for listing, such as Warlock of the Dates and other unreleased protos, are noted in the description.

Take it for the large mound of salt and animosity that it deserves, but this could be a big deal.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/162052483039?_mwBanner=1

They don't have shit. He's been trying to sell that damn NGP to TV adapter for over a decade.
The best auction is the $500 Sengoku 3 that doesn't come with the game board or snaplock.

xorthen

Banned
Do people really have that much money for such items? I somehow don't think he paid that much for any of those items. Must be a flipper. :lol:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Do people really have that much money for such items? I somehow don't think he paid that much for any of those items. Must be a flipper. :lol:

That's what NGF stands for right? Neo Geo Flippers

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Bidding should start at .99 cents. I am sure there is a fair price for that thing. I doubt anyone would pay 5k though.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
from the item listing:

Now that video game collecting has become universally recognized as an investment grade hobby like comic books or coins, the audience has grown to such a level that some of these museum quality pieces should be made public and enjoyed by the masses. We have thousands of Neo Geo related artifacts in our possession and it is time to share some of them with other collectors.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
There is no logic when it comes to AES auctions, so I'm not surprised someone wants the Sengoku3 shell,insert, "NOS" manual.

What I want to see, is someone bid on that fucking CD-R. Unless that is an unreleased proto there is no way that would sale.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I believe they have already listed that neo geo pocket station item in the past. And they have had it for many years now. Granted, it is a unique item, as for what it's worth, I guess the open market will decide. He may have started the auction at 14K just to begin somewhere. If it gets no bids, he can then relist it, lower to 12K, then 10k, whatever; eventually someone will meet and start bidding at some price point. Totally normal for someone looking to get top dollar and consistent with someone not in a hurry to sell.

As for the modem, I've seen pictures of it before, but none of them looked exactly like that. Not sure what to make of it. In the item description it mentions images on screen and such, would be interesting to see what they show & what the game ID displays in a uni-bios or debug console. Again, the listing & the asking price all within his rights as the seller.

Now, to be critical, who attempts to ask for 14K in an eBay listing for a "super rare collectors piece for a now booming gaming hobby" and provides ONE picture; which doesn't even show the item plugged in, turned on, and doing what it claims? What buyer wouldn't want to ask & see more? (same point with the 5K modem item)

Lastly, yes, it's great to see him reference "Warlocks" and "Dunk Star" protos in his listing, and by all means, if they do get listed, that's awesome indeed. But, that is not the first time they have made similar statements whereby claiming to be "coming forward soon" with additional pics & info of said items. Nothing ever came back then, so I'll hold back my excitement for now. Let's see what happens this time around.

Either way, no need for drama on this yet, let them say and do what they want, so long as it can be backed up. Time will tell.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
My guess is they are using the 25K limit and "warlocks of the fate" as a way to push people to buy to see whats next. Like I was telling someone else earlier, if they really had Warlocks of the fate and was planning to sell. Ebay would not be the place. He could easily email one of the mods with proof and his intentions and Im sure they would welcome the sale. Plus he wouldnt have to pay ebay fees, which I'm sure would be astronomical.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yeah, that modem I find interesting. I don't really get what it would have been used for - downloading some (small) games?

Also (from the WTF auction thread):
A NGH Modem? Is there ANY documentation of that or did they pull it out of their asses?
Is it just me or is it slighly ironic that he happens to be selling ethernet keystones and wallplates at the same time as this "Neo Modem"?
Also why the fuck is the port sticking out the front? Wouldnt they have put it up top connecting vertically like the other neo carts that have external connectors? Or hell even out the back?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I agree that the placement of the telephone jack is awkward & very questionable. And I also have no idea if the modem they claim to have is the same as the one referenced by SNK in their own literature. But I can tell you that "a" modem like device was proposed & mentioned by SNK in some of their early catalogs & advertisements. And I can tell you that its' intention had nothing to do with downloading games; rather far less exciting. It was for bookkeeping & record keeping from the neogeo MVS cabinets & audits & collections, etc.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Yeah, that modem I find interesting. I don't really get what it would have been used for - downloading some (small) games?

Also (from the WTF auction thread):

It's for KOF. The idea was that the original game would have yearly updates that could be downloaded from SNK servers.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Dion wants his share of the retro market, but with those unique prices he prolly won't get far. It's looking like he's not pressured to sell tho, so those auctions are merely a PR gag... with a cameo of the most (in)famous carpet in the gaming world ;).

James W

War Room Troll
This is Dion and Oliverclaude or Oliver Klein

Dion wants his share of the retro market, but with those unique prices he prolly won't get far. It's looking like he's not pressured to sell tho, so those auctions are merely a PR gag... with a cameo of the most (in)famous carpet in the gaming world ;).

Dion_Oliver_042.jpg

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
NeoGeo Home System Modem

Here is the information on the home system modem as was provided by another member here not too long ago:

neogeomodem.jpg

Obviously completely different intended applications for the home system modem.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
can someone post the ngf motorcycle lineup for me? its been a while.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Neo Modem

While I agree that NGF picture has become epic & timeless, and by all means let someone post it if they want, but please try to keep this thread on point for just a little while longer. I don't need some power hungry mod like ROT coming in here and moving it to The War Room where it then gets lost and forgotten, questions go unanswered, and nothing gets resolved. Please!

Here is an older pic of "the neo modem" from the past. The resolution is horrible mind you, but I can't see those two LED lights on the top corner in this photo? Thoughts?

dion&modem.jpgneomodem2.jpg