Garou MotW MVS

Ray

New Challenger
I recently acquired a Garou cart. For some reason the Unibios tells me Bank 0, 1 and 2 are "custom". I haven't gotten to an ending yet, but so far everything works fine(Kim Jae Hoon's TOP attack doesn't crash the game, so I assume it's not the beta)

As for the boards themselves, I don't have a decent camera on hand so no pictures. The boards look exactly like Set 2 on mvs-scans, including the 4 correctly labeled EPROMS+wire and Toshiba ROMs on both boards.

I assume it's not a boot/unofficial repair since the Toshiba ROMs/EPROMs seem original, but why would it show as custom on the Unibios? Is it because there are 4 P ROMs instead of the usual 2?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I recently acquired a Garou cart. For some reason the Unibios tells me Bank 0, 1 and 2 are "custom". I haven't gotten to an ending yet, but so far everything works fine(Kim Jae Hoon's TOP attack doesn't crash the game, so I assume it's not the beta)

As for the boards themselves, I don't have a decent camera on hand so no pictures. The boards look exactly like Set 2 on mvs-scans, including the 4 correctly labeled EPROMS+wire and Toshiba ROMs on both boards.

I assume it's not a boot/unofficial repair since the Toshiba ROMs/EPROMs seem original, but why would it show as custom on the Unibios? Is it because there are 4 P ROMs instead of the usual 2?

What version of Unibios? I have the same board set at home. I can check later tonight and see if my 3.2 says the same.

Ray

New Challenger
What version of Unibios? I have the same board set at home. I can check later tonight and see if my 3.2 says the same.

3.2 as well. If you could check, that would be much appreciated.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
I also have the 4 EPROM version. In my case, the 4 EPROMs have actually had to be reburned at some point. When doing the CRC check on Unibios 3.2, banks 0, 1, 2, and 3 all say custom. In mine, the wire on the 4th eprom was reconfigured a little differently, so that may explain why my bank 3 is also labeled custom. It's definitely the release version though. The main title screen is blue, it doesn't crash, and it has the full character endings.

Interestingly, the version of Mark of the Wolves on my 138 in 1 cart checks out fine on the CRC check, but it is definitely a proto. The title screen has a white background, and character endings are incomplete in MVS mode. In AES mode, the full character endings play but with some corrupted text.

CRC check for my Garou MOTW cart
SNK6kbL.jpg

Blue release version title screen on my Garou cart.
d0D4giA.jpg

CRC check on my 138 in 1
pvy4NFC.jpg

White prototype version title screen on my 138 in 1
LOVEva4.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I thought that MVS endings would only show up if you met the score requirements...sometimes even after beating Kain you may not get the endings...sometimes you might not even get to Kain at all 'cause of score requirements.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
When testing for endings on the proto, I cheated my way through with Unibios, so I'm sure I more than qualified for them.

Ray

New Challenger
I also have the 4 EPROM version. In my case, the 4 EPROMs have actually had to be reburned at some point. When doing the CRC check on Unibios 3.2, banks 0, 1, 2, and 3 all say custom. In mine, the wire on the 4th eprom was reconfigured a little differently, so that may explain why my bank 3 is also labeled custom. It's definitely the release version though. The main title screen is blue, it doesn't crash, and it has the full character endings.

Interestingly, the version of Mark of the Wolves on my 138 in 1 cart checks out fine on the CRC check, but it is definitely a proto. The title screen has a white background, and character endings are incomplete in MVS mode. In AES mode, the full character endings play but with some corrupted text.

Thanks for the info! Must have missed it, but my 4 EPROM set has Bank 3 read as custom as well.

Pretty strange, it's the only cart I've ever seen get a CRC check like this on Unibios. My uneducated guess is that it's because the P ROMs are contained on 4 unbanked EPROMs rather than 2 banked ROMs, or it really does have slightly different code.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Ahh, OK. It's go to know that we are seeing exactly what we should be seeing

ROBO2011

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi Ray. I have the same version as you with the four eproms and wire. Don't worry! If you wan't to compare i live near the hague