2 Slot mvs slot 1 fault

ChrisB

Another Striker
Hi guys
got an issue with a 2 slot board I bought, slot 1 works fine no issues
Any game inserted in to sot 2 shows vertical lines

Cleaned the cart and the games no difference..
IMAG0848.jpgIMAG0849.jpgIMAG0850.jpgIMAG0851.jpgIMAG0852.jpgIMAG0853.jpg

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Probably something to do with C ROM access (bad trace or faulty IC).

ChrisB

Another Striker
Probably something to do with C ROM access (bad trace or faulty IC).

Ah fuck! this is the 2nd mvs board ive bought off ebay described as 100% working perfectly. Ebay can fuck off now permanently. This was purchased from halgames on there.
Thanks for reply man not an easy fix, luckily slot 1 works

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
Mine was the same when I bought it, when I check out it was a cut trace near the slot underside.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Hi Guys
Firstly thanks for the help,spent some time with the multimeter checking traces from the cart connectors they were fine, no gauged or broken traces.
Problem however is due to slight battery leakage, which has corroded two traces that go to the NE0 ZMC2 IC, two traces corroded battery not leaking badly but enough that these two are broken.
As the board was sold as working fine, im not repairing but shipping back to the seller for replacement pcb. Word of warning this was sold by halgames in Holland off ebay, slightly fucking annoyed as they not tested this before shipping.

Im having real shit luck buying mvs boards at the minute :(, all the ones I bought off this forum have worked perfectly so ill fuck ebay right off in future.

Last edited:

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi Guys
Firstly thanks for the help,spent some time with the multimeter checking traces from the cart connectors they were fine, no gauged or broken traces.
Problem however is due to slight battery leakage, which has corroded two traces that go to the NE0 ZMC2 IC, two traces corroded battery not leaking badly but enough that these two are broken.
As the board was sold as working fine, im not repairing but shipping back to the seller for replacement pcb. Word of warning this was sold by halgames in Holland off ebay, slightly fucking annoyed as they not tested this before shipping.

Im having real shit luck buying mvs boards at the minute :(, all the ones I bought off this forum have worked perfectly so ill fuck ebay right off in future.

Gald to hear you got it figured out. Patching 2 traces shouldn't be too hard if you really want to hold onto the board.

Also, I believe I have an extra 2 slot board, that I know works, if you're interested. I'm located in the USA though, so shipping might be a little salty. Not sure, as I haven't shipped to the UK in a long time. Let me know!

ChrisB

Another Striker
Gald to hear you got it figured out. Patching 2 traces shouldn't be too hard if you really want to hold onto the board.

Also, I believe I have an extra 2 slot board, that I know works, if you're interested. I'm located in the USA though, so shipping might be a little salty. Not sure, as I haven't shipped to the UK in a long time. Let me know!

Hi mate
Im not repairing this one its going back to the seller for a replacement pcb or my money back
Yeah im interested in your 2 slot pm me shipping is okay if you mark it as faulty and low value so the customs don't screw me over if your willing to do this im interested.