Start of your Drinking Life

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I'm a teatotaler. Drinking + pills not a good idea.

Unless you really wanna party that is. :)

I ate a happy pizza by myself once. It wasn't a big pizza, just personal pan size. There was sprinkling of marijuana and even though I had only done two marijuanas before in my life I thought it would be fun.

The bus ride I got on an hour later was from hell. I remember swaying my head back and forth, everything a blur, hearing voices (maybe the people behind me). Arrived at Kep around 2 or 3PM and I got into a hotel asap and just slept until 7PM. Man, what the fuck was that all about.

I have a sort of similar reaction to pot, I get the worse dry mouth imaginable mixed with intense nausea and dizziness. I've done it around 20 times over the years and never once a good experience. But I was being all dumbass and trying to fit in with my friends. I should also mention that alcohol has gotten me into a lot of messed up situations and trouble over the years. I was never a snob and have gotten 'faced on every kind of malt liquor, thunderbird/night train type stuff, the kind of vodka homeless dudes drink, you name it. I used to be an immature reckless bastard, so you guys who don't drink at all are fine with me, more power to ya.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Personal choice. After my mom passed away because of her drinking when I was only 17. I made a choice then and there to never drink. I'm not even close to being religious.

My parents were divorced when I was 12 or so I was living with her while still finishing High School which I did alone on the last year. In short I had to grow up fast because I had nobody to depend on but myself so I never had the desire nor the time to worry about in terms of a habit that I was sure I couldn't break if I wanted to.

Years later when I look back at what I maybe missed or had a chance to do, I don't have any regrets.

tbh If I ever once got drunk in my life I have a feeling I wouldn't be a happy drunk.

Last edited:

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Personal choice. After my mom passed away because of her drinking when I was only 17. I made a choice then and there to never drink. I'm not even close to being religious.

My parents were divorced when I was 12 or so I was living with her while still finishing High School which I did alone on the last year. In short I had to grow up fast because I had nobody to depend on but myself so I never had the desire nor the time to worry about in terms of a habit that I was sure I couldn't break if I wanted to.

Years later when I look back at what I maybe missed or had a chance to do, I don't have any regrets.

tbh If I ever once got drunk in my life I have a feeling I wouldn't be a happy drunk.

I really sorry that happened to you man, that is entirely messed up. Sounds like a great decision too.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

That's good bro, temet nosce.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
ha, yeah, what a fat stupid bitch

That is a thought I have quite often, guess I meet a lot of them.

No beer left unfortunately, I did the math 'beer then wine, you're feeling fine!' so wine it is!

Oh what this isn't the drinking thread?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I really sorry that happened to you man, that is entirely messed up. Sounds like a great decision too.

Well it was life so you have to deal with the cards you're dealt. She died in one of the military hospitals here in San Antonio. It was pretty bad since she pretty much ruined herself by getting drunk off wine all the time. It was the main reason my dad divorced her even tho he tried hard to get her to stop drinking. It's pretty embaressing when you're in an officer in the Air Force to get a call in the middle of the night to go pick up your wife from jail because she was out that night drinking.

It pretty much came down to the fact that no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get her to quit unless she wanted to quit. I never blamed him for saying "Fuck it." and ending their marriage.

Edit: My brother sometimes drinks on a rare occasion and has tried to get me to lighten up but I've been stubborn about it.

Last edited:

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Yeah, people who drink that much, whether they are genuine alcoholics or not, aren't going to stop unless they want to. A really important thing, in my opinion, is finding the reason(s) why a person drinks, because there usually is one or couple.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Do you drink yourself to sleep

It's ok i KNow the answer

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, people who drink that much, whether they are genuine alcoholics or not, aren't going to stop unless they want to. A really important thing, in my opinion, is finding the reason(s) why a person drinks, because there usually is one or couple.

I'm guessing it's the fact my mother's parents disowned her for marrying a black man. I really know next to nothing of my family on my mother's side. I knew my father's brother and my grandparents on my dad's side wanted nothing to do with me or my brother.

Shit was harsh when most of your family doesn't even know you exist or cares. I'm surprised I hadn't turned into a spiteful son of a bitch considering the only one who gave a shit about me was my uncle on my dad's side. The rest of my family I'm sure have no idea nor care I exist. If I really gave enough of a shit I could look them up somehow but I just don't. I've spent close to 30 years of my life with literally no contact with my family outside of my dad and brother so I don't see a need to change it now.

Edit: Oh and I remember now my dad's mother had come up to my mom during the wedding & called her a "whore" for marrying my father.

Last edited: