how to clean mvs slots

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
hey

i made the mistake and plugged some dirty carts into my 4slot cmvs.

whats the best way to clean the slots without demounting the casing?

do you have any advice?

thanks
Stephan

Redguard

New Challenger
hey

i made the mistake and plugged some dirty carts into my 4slot cmvs.

whats the best way to clean the slots without demounting the casing?

do you have any advice?

thanks
Stephan

What I usually do is use an old credit card and an unwanted t-shirt. Put a little isopropyl alcohol on the t-shirt and use the credit card to clean the slots with the shirt over the credit card.

Like this...

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I second the isopropyl alcohol method. Just be sure to clean the cart contacts thoroughly as well. I've had MVS carts that would be super glitchy, or wouldn't display at all - cleaned the contacts and boom...good as new.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Credit Card and some alcohol followed by some deoxit. Keeps the games sliding in nice and smooth. Deoxit also worked very well with the BLW.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Credit Card and some alcohol followed by some deoxit. Keeps the games sliding in nice and smooth. Deoxit also worked very well with the BLW.

Seconding the use of Deoxit (D5S6). It's a bit pricy, but it works damn well for pots, contacts, whatever.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
great thread. thanks a lot, this was very helpful considering that i always forget to clean a newly purchased carts before putting it in the console.

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
Some great tips. I'm going to have to look into this deoxit.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
alcohol won't help with corrosion, only dirt. Do yourself a favor and use a good contact cleaner.
(Same goes for cleaning cart contacts.)

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
I have to say, while cleaning is great and all — I found it only ever nominally reduced connection errors and issues. Nothing compares to installing new slots. After years of there being no good way to source the fresh part, They're finally easily available at the neo store. World of different, even if you just replace that first slot that gets the most use.