NAC monitor is black, has sound. Only works when I swap games.

Golf Rat

Quiz Detective
I power it on. I have sound and the marquee lights up but the screen is black. I switch out the CPS2 game (a/b boards) and it works fine.

But when I turn it off and back on, the same issue comes back...

Any tips? Thanks!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Maybe I'm not understanding correctly - does it only look black with a certain CPS2 game? It might've suicided.

Golf Rat

Quiz Detective
Maybe I'm not understanding correctly - does it only look black with a certain CPS2 game? It might've suicided.

No it works with all my CPS2s. I thought it was the game at first but when I switched them, it worked. I tested with multiple a/b boards. Something is happening when I power on/off.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I still do not understand, when you switched "them" it worked, what worked, the monitor??, the cps2 game?? the A board? the B board?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
When you turn it on and there is no screen, run the back of your hand across the front of the tube, do you feel static? If not the chassis may not be firing up. Check to see if you're getting back glow as well.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
so... you need to detach (and reattach) the jamma wire from the game after powering off for the game to work again? I dont suppose your monitor will know if the game is same or not when you reattach the jamma wire :)

Last edited:

Golf Rat

Quiz Detective
No static and when I opened the cab and looked inside a glow (light) was shining down. Never noticed that before? Hmm...

Golf Rat

Quiz Detective
When you turn it on and there is no screen, run the back of your hand across the front of the tube, do you feel static? If not the chassis may not be firing up. Check to see if you're getting back glow as well.

No static. I look up in the cab (from the bottom inside) and I see a glow(light) coming from the top of the cab. Never had that before.

Again I swapped games at it worked. This morning I went to power on to test...back to a Black Screen.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Harness voltage/power supply is the first place to start.