Cuphead PC / Xbox

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Not much I can add to describing how great this game is, other than the soundtrack is incredible. Def worth getting the OST as well with the game on Steam.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Not much I can add to describing how great this game is, other than the soundtrack is incredible. Def worth getting the OST as well with the game on Steam.

I've not gotten the game yet, but did pick up the soundtrack a little while back. I've enjoyed it quiet a bit.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
My money is on the Pigeon, even though the reviewer got a head start and has instructions.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Bought the Xbox One version this afternoon and... wow, some of these bosses in the first area alone are downright brutal. I'm not a fan of the Xbox One's controller at all, so that combined with the small space some of the bosses give you to move and dodge in makes this feel extra, extra hard at times.

Nice to see they give you "easy" versions of the bosses just to progress on the map, even if they don't count overall. That should help cut down on some of the frustration of progressing, as clearly getting some more coins to buy stuff would be helpful for me.

The shop descriptions for the items are a complete WTF, though. Add an extra heart to your life bar, but it reduces your shot strength? That's...devilish.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love it!!! I love the game (thank god for the difficulty amp), the OST, the Xbox One d-pad, it's the best, what's wrong with people acting like this is the first time a d-pad is microswitched? Nintendo has been doing it for decades, lol.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yup, this game is living up to the hype. Really enjoying it so far. I picked up the Steam version and have mapped out my TE2 fightstick for play. Great game!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
That smoke bomb dash is a lifesaver in so many situations, but otherwise I think max difficulty is on point. It's the kind of difficulty that never feels cheap, and if you get worked, it's because you weren't good enough, patient enough, or smart enough that round; that's about the only parallel to DS one can make.

I usually wait to buy digital only release when they're part of a Humble Bundle or go on sale, but this studio deserves the full 20 and then some.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This game is the tits. Best $20 I've spent in ages. I'm playing it with an arcade stick and it's freaking awesome. I need to put this game in a cab just for fun.

11/10 would buy again :buttrock:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There's a ton of retrying. It keeps you coming back for more. The animation is incredible.

The Xbox One D-pad is total garbage. The D-pad on both my controllers broke after light use. If yours is still working, my guess is it won't for much longer. I just bought a Brook Xbox 360 to Xbox One controller converter before the game was released, and it has really fixed the situation.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I really hope this sells like crazy- the amount of hard work and effort put into it seems like it must have been reeeally high. Dudes deserve to make some good money on it.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
All the impressions I've been reading are making me wish I wasn't an ocean away from my Xbone right now. :(

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
All the impressions I've been reading are making me wish I wasn't an ocean away from my Xbone right now. :(

All of the impressions I'm reading are making me wish I owned anything capable of playing this :(

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Those S-ranks might be a bit of a challenge.

Watched this no-hit perfect run, dude gets A+ for each since it's not on expert (includes all the fights so spoilers within, I guess):

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
TIL there's also a GoG.com DRM free release in addition to the Steam option. Just bought and installed the game, looking forward to giving it a go tonight.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
The X-Box controller is trash, love the game though

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
All the Xboner controller haters should not be able to play video games for life, sorry folks you're just way too fucked up to keep on gaming. God damn Xboner D-pad is the best!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
All the Xboner controller haters should not be able to play video games for life, sorry folks you're just way too fucked up to keep on gaming. God damn Xboner D-pad is the best!

I was messing around with Cuphead yesterday on the XB1 and I agree, the XB1 controller is very comfortable and I like the feel of the clicky dpad. I played KI with it as well and like it.

Never knew people disliked the XB1 controller until now.