Weekly Roundup 8/2

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Xbox:

Otogi: Myth of Demons - Currently stuck in the level where you have to find the 4 guardians and kill them, which is late in the game.

PS2:

Burnout 3: Takedown - What a great racing game. It's one of my favorite racing games on the PS2.

KOF Orochi Collection - Played a bit of '96 & '97. It's a shame SNKP didn't release this in the west since Orochi Saga doesn't allow you to use arranged soundtracks during gameplay nor does it have color edit mode.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
N64
Paper Mario

SNES
Goemon 3

PS3
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
PC
MAME Shmups

PS3
USF4
UMVC3

PS4
Driveclub
Batman Arkham Knight

XBONE
Forza 5
Killer Instinct
Halo M.C.C

GAMEFAN

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
N64
Paper Mario- beat Tubba Blubba, now deep in the toy box

GBC
Wario Land 3

NGPC
Metal Slug 1st Mission

N64
Paper Mario

How far along are you? Admittedly, this is the farthest I've gone in the game as I always got burnt our or distracted before the end of chapter 3.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
These threads are dumb and offer nothing of value, but I am so, so happy you denied Greg the chance to make this thread. Making this thread was what kept him going.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
PS3
Lost Dimension

PC
Guild Wars 2
Civilization V

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo DS:
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
[Beat the Hard Mode with the Level 1 experience cap--while it wasn't easy, it wasn't as difficult as the FAQ I read led me to believe (although I should note that the author played it without using the bonuses from previous save game data, which I didn't do, as there's no reward for making it harder for yourself like that). Anyway, doing that unlocked the Level 255 experience cap (kind of a weird/arbitrary number, you'd think it would have been Level 999) for Hard Mode. So . . . I guess that's it, as I've unlocked every possible thing that you can now.]

- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
(All six movies on one cartridge. I played all the way through the Phantom Menace and I'm a little over halfway through Attack of the Clones now. So far, the level design isn't as good as the LEGO Indiana Jones NDS game I played previously, but it's still a fun game. I'm REALLY enjoying the lightsaber ricochet mini game that you play with the stylus against that little blaster-firing orb thing that Luke trained against in the Millenium Falcom in the original New Hope Star Wars film.)

- Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
[The entire game, except for the status menu and blocking, is controlled via stylus, which is equal parts weird and neat for an action game like this. The control is kind of squirrelly as a result, as you often end up doing things you don't want to, but the difficulty is pretty forgiving, so it's not much of an issue. The game is also played with the NDS tilted to the side, which, amusingly, reminds me of turning a monitor sideways to play a vertically-orientated shmup. This is actually the first Ninja Gaiden game that I've purchased in like two decades (Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom, on the NES, was the last one I picked up until now.)]

PC:

- Freecell & Solitaire

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
PS3
Lost Dimension
Lost Dimension is surprisingly awesome. Been playing that a bunch myself.

Also:
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4)

Rare Replay (XB1)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Vita

IA/VT Colorful

that's all I'm playing this week.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Gameboy
Metroid II - replaying this for like the 50th time after about 12 years of not playing it. Currently have 4 more Omega Metroids to kill before the Metroid Queen segment.

PS Vita
Beat Ys IV Celcetta after 28 hours of play - 8/10, pretty good. I mostly used Adol, Duren and Frieda.

PSP
Picked up my old save of FF9 and just beat the Treno card tournament and finished the Coffee side quest. Gonna try and tackle the optional boss Tantarian later today.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
is it a good game?

really digging it so far, there's a bit of a learning curve coming from Project Diva games, but the timing is far more forgiving than PD. Music is pretty solid too, but I haven't unlocked much of it yet (you have to level up to unlock songs and there are 60 songs already in the game). My favorite thing about it so far is that the songs are full versions of the real songs, so some of them run 5+min.

I'd recommend it for anyone who likes Project Diva games, and just about anyone who likes rhythm games in general.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Dreamcast
Kof 00-01
Last Blade Final edition
Virtua Fighter 3tb
Ikaruga

Psone
Metal Slug