Do I like gaming

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
I love shooters, plattformers and beat'em ups, but I'm a terrible player and have a very short attention span.

I put a game, play it and then I get killed, I try it again but oh shit fuck it, unplug the system and see you next month. I'm not able to sit tight and try and try and try again.

Years ago I had this Amstrad computer, I was terrible at it, even broke some joystick because of the frustration.

I've been thinking that my problem, and maybe other people's problem too, is I don't differenciate the desire of wanting to like games and be good at them, from the actual love for gaming.

Like seeing a delicate fish burger, wanting it, and then taste it and be like what the flying fuck is this shit.

Not a hardcore collector here, so it's not that problem I think. I have a little girl, so I don't have much free time available either. :scratch:

Maybe a love/belonging issue in Maslow's hierarchy of needs. IDK.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I can't play games for hours and hours either, although when i was younger i could do it allot more. That's why Neo Geo games are so great. Metal Slug 3 takes about 50 minutes wich is just about enough for me. I sometimes play a couple of rounds in a fighting game after it but don't play them for hours and hours straight anymore. Games like Super Metroid on the Snes i still need to complete and i probably will never complete them.

Last edited:

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
You don't.

Hahaha

Ohfuck I knew it.

I can't play games for hours and hours either, although when i was younger i could do it allot more. That's why Neo Geo games are so great. Metal Slug 3 takes about 50 minutes wich is just about enough for me. I sometimes play a couple of rounds in a fighting game after it but don't play them for hours and hours straight anymore. Games like Super Metroid on the Snes i still need to complete and i probably will never complete them.

Well MS3 takes you 50 minutes to complete? I don't even go further than second boss :(

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I love shooters, plattformers and beat'em ups, but I'm a terrible player and have a very short attention span.

I put a game, play it and then I get killed, I try it again but oh shit fuck it, unplug the system and see you next month. I'm not able to sit tight and try and try and try again.

Years ago I had this Amstrad computer, I was terrible at it, even broke some joystick because of the frustration.

I've been thinking that my problem, and maybe other people's problem too, is I don't differenciate the desire of wanting to like games and be good at them, from the actual love for gaming.

Like seeing a delicate fish burger, wanting it, and then taste it and be like what the flying fuck is this shit.

Not a hardcore collector here, so it's not that problem I think. I have a little girl, so I don't have much free time available either. :scratch:

Maybe a love/belonging issue in Maslow's hierarchy of needs. IDK.

Here you go...don't forget to subscribe the the news letter if you don't want to miss out on those latest codez...
1400290-gamegenie.jpg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What an awkward thing to say

Awkward...honest...sometime one in the same, my friend.

I can pretend all I like I know how to properly work a vagina...but in all honestly, I don't have one and it's basically just guessing.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
You like gaming but maybe no longer have the time and patience.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You like gaming but maybe no longer have the time and patience.

This is me in a nutshell...I may be 37 on the outside, but I often feel 87 on the inside. I find myself saying "Fuck this shit...I don't have time for this garbage..." when trying new games. Games that 15-20 years ago, I would have liked.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
It sounds like you should be playing different types of games. Like The Sims.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This is me in a nutshell...I may be 37 on the outside, but I often feel 87 on the inside. I find myself saying "Fuck this shit...I don't have time for this garbage..." when trying new games. Games that 15-20 years ago, I would have liked.

I think most of us would eventually evolved to this.. I for one am.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Just this weekend after I went for a swim to work out (and scrub the corners of my pool), I decided to play some Paper Mario 64, as I've never beaten the game.

I sat in my recliner and loaded up my old save and played for about 30-40 minutes before I decided that it was more appealing to take a nap in my recliner.

I feel like I'm starting to get older when the thought of a nice nap is more exciting than a game sometimes.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Just this weekend after I went for a swim to work out (and scrub the corners of my pool), I decided to play some Paper Mario 64, as I've never beaten the game.

I sat in my recliner and loaded up my old save and played for about 30-40 minutes before I decided that it was more appealing to take a nap in my recliner.

I feel like I'm starting to get older when the thought of a nice nap is more exciting than a game sometimes.

Fixed that for you, man.

I can see that.

Anymore, I'm just flat out busy most of the time. I almost always have a ton of stuff to do so I'm sitting, it's day outside, and I'm off work...I need to get up and go do something.

Night time...say 8-11pm or so is the only time I don't feel overly bad just sitting there like a slug (and that's only as long as I did something with my life earlier that day).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm gonna try to tackle this diplomatically 'cause I can understand where some of you come from.

It sounds like you should be playing different types of games. Like The Sims.

Jesus you guys are depressing.
I agree with both statements, although I have to say that I detest stupid games like this. All this enabling lazy games that cater to weak gamers should just disappear but cash is king so as long as they can sell you shit they'll keep making it.

I'm older than most here and I'm still a fucking tank, can work the games that I'm passionate about (Emphasis on passionate as it's something amiss the mold here) and know my way around a vagina like it's a lifestyle.

Smokes, my man, I like you and thus I want to help you with your life.

Get a book about women anatomy and look at the vagina section, find the clitoris in whatever diagrams they might present you and then work it like you care, love your wife's tenderness down there, learn how to caress it when it's needed and when to get a little frivolous with it. It really isn't that hard. Make your woman feel like the 4th of july skies and I can guarantee you will be a much happier guy, not whine about life so much and have a smoother rest of your married life. Also you will in turn have more time for games and with that find better games for your needs. Suggestively speaking drop all that none-sense douchebag games, time to play challenging quick games that put you to the test, I can guarantee you that in 20 mins you'll feel like you played for a whole day 'cause the experience is that exhilarating, as opposed to games that rely on a grandiose momentum that took dozens of hours to achieve.

DSNDouches, hey are you simply just bragging about having a pool for the fuck of it or is there a purpose to know that you actually have a pool? I'd like to know 'cause it seems a trend on you, always bragging about bullshit that no one cares about, it's either that or pretending that you know what the fuck you are talking about every so often. I mean, geez, talk about a shit member. OK that wasn't so diplomatic but you're just giving a green light to getting bashed for acting like a douche.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm an old fogey who can't finish JRPGs anymore and play mostly pinball, pinball sims, and mario party. I enjoy games a lot more after a long day's work.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh god could you possibly stop spreading awareness of your suck ass taste in games? Jesus fuck, let's stop playing shitty JRPGs and instead let's play shitty kiddy games and pinball sims, hurray!

Dumbing down isn't the solution. The goal here is to grow as a gamer, become the gamer you were meant to be, not some shit show crapperriffic goon that plays mini games. Remember; mini games are for mini gamers...

(Not even worth a capital M when it comes to mini games...oh the word alone makes me cringe...)