Fuck Yeah Vita!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
mostly playing persona 4 golden... well worth anyone's time.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Anyone very familiar with remote play with the ps4?? With my vita i can seem to play it just fine if im in the room but if i got upstairs to the bedroom i start to lose connection. I hear about people playing thier ps4 on thier vitas from other peoples houses/work and such, what am i missing?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Anyone very familiar with remote play with the ps4?? With my vita i can seem to play it just fine if im in the room but if i got upstairs to the bedroom i start to lose connection. I hear about people playing thier ps4 on thier vitas from other peoples houses/work and such, what am i missing?

you can play thru your router or from the wifi footprint your ps4 puts out...

Sounds like your on the ps4s...

I also think you need to have a certain kind of router to play through it.

Sludgepond

n00b

Check to see if your router has a high throughput and is at least wireless n. Also experiment with the "connect directly with ps vita" in your PS4 settings. You may need to get some wireless range extenders if you're willing to go that far.

I love the Vita. It's such an under-rated system. Finally been able to start on Borderlands 2. Favorite game for me is Ys.

matt5cott

n00b
As above, I always use connect directly and have no problem.

You can mess about with the FPS in the latest update.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I got my Vita launch day. Love it. Dragons Crown is a must. So is Killzone. Best FPS on it IMO.
I've been playing Bloodborne through remote play from work 25 miles from home and it's nearly flawless. The PSTV (Vita TV) is also great for remote play. I bring it to my parents when I visit for the night so I can play PS4. Pretty cool.
Dead Nation is fun as well. Just recently started playing that one.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Dragon's Crown is cross save. Now that's really awesome. I utilized the shit outta that.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I also recommend picking up Dragon's Crown. Game can get really addicting at times. Also if anyone's a fan of mystery dungeon games Wrath of the Curry Gods is a great one.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Has anyone tried remote play from PS3? I've been thinking about picking a Vita up, but only if this works well.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Has anyone tried remote play from PS3? I've been thinking about picking a Vita up, but only if this works well.

I connected mine but couldn't actually do anything. It wouldn't let me play any games...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Want one, I've been wanting one for a while just 'cause Ninja Gaiden but there are plenty of games I'd like to get. The library is shaping up quite nicely and the D-pad is a dream. Finally! Fucking Finally!

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Tried it with ps1 games a few months and wasn't very impressed. The input lag was pretty bad and the sound was a little distorted. Don't think its my disc as it plays just fine on a ps1/2/3

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
I have really enjoyed owning my Vita. It's a shame that sony has pretty much abandoned it now. I don't really care. Having crippled versions of AAA games on a handheld doesn't interest me.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Target has/had some games for cheap.
I bought some crap games for $6-11 each other games are buy one get one 50% off, Vita games were 70% off. Missed that
Sorry got the titles wrong on some of these
Little Big Planet $12
Reality Fighter $6
Smart As $6
Soul Sacrifice $6
Unit 13 $6

When I got home and opened the games Soul Sacrifice and Smart As were empty, had to go back a couple days later and return, Soul Sacrifice was sold out though.

Went to another Target store and they only had 2-3 games, MLB 15 for $19. I already have 14 I got a couple months ago.

Sorry to say but I think the Vitas dead. I got a Pstv near launch and even then most stores pickings were slim. Its getting even sparser now.

I want to get an actual Vita here sometime soon.
Now may be the time to get some bargain bin steals though.

Last edited:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Honestly I bought the system just for Dragon's Crown and Muramasa, so everything else is icing on the cake, but at PAX East this year, I noticed a significant percentage of the indie developers were planning a Vita release for their games. I think Sony may have virtually abandoned the system, but indie development for PSN Vita downloads is alive and well. There were some great looking titles in the lineup.

Also, anyone who hasn't played Muramasa on Vita should go out and pick up a copy immediately. One hell of an amazing samurai platformer, and the DLC just keeps coming.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
i think it's seeing a good amount of support for digital releases because they sell well on the system. Even though hardware sales have dried up, people who have them bust their wallets out often and happily.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Honestly, I use my Vita and Vita TV for one thing primarily. That's remote play. Occasional lag doesn't bother me one bit.
Depending on the connection you may not see any lag. I still use the Vita to play actual vita stuff occasionally but playing Bloodborne to grind some Blood Echos in 15-20 minute increments while at work or somewhere else rocks.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Lots of people here also enjoy the cock, doesn't mean you have too.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Lots of people here also enjoy the cock, doesn't mean you have too.

Taking lessons from your mom? Bam!!!

But seriously, I'm curious why.
Is that it takes up space? Does it slow down your system?
I thought it looked awesome, one of my favorite metal slug animations.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
What's the best price on the slim right now, $200? Still seems a bit high.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
What's the best price on the slim right now, $200? Still seems a bit high.

play asia had some for like $160 when the yen was super low against the dollar a few weeks back. Seems everything is back up though.