New MVS owner here! what should my first 5 purchases be???

ThGame

Geese's Thug
I just got my "Big Red" 9 days ago. Looking for some help from the old school owners on what my first purchases should be for games ect. I have ordered the 161 in 1 multicart and unibios chip. For games It came with aero fighters 2, ms2, spinmasters and puzzle bobble. Bought windjammers because i saw it wasnt on the multicart.

Where to go from here? legit copy of garou i imagine?? Any really affordable must haves?

Cheers!

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I just got my "Big Red" 9 days ago. Looking for some help from the old school owners on what my first purchases should be for games ect. I have ordered the 161 in 1 multicart and unibios chip. For games It came with aero fighters 2, ms2, spinmasters and puzzle bobble. Bought windjammers because i saw it wasnt on the multicart.

Where to go from here? legit copy of garou i imagine?? Any really affordable must haves?

Cheers!

uh. DUH. like. ALL THE GAMES.

But that's over 5...

Buy all the NG:DEV games.

and Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon. That's a really awesome game.

ACTUAL ADVICE:

Viewpoint is a personal favorite. Even though I still down own a copy :(
KoF 97
Shock Troopers
... i cant think of two more just yet

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Test games via emulator and decide for yourself.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
For affordable fighters (sub-$100) instead of Garou I'd recommend: Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, KoF'02, Samurai Shodown 2, Last Blade/Last Blade 2 (preference).
Other affordable nice to have's are: Magical Drop 3, Metal Slug 3, Blazing Star, Shock Troopers.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Get the 120 in 1 too then you've got motw sorted and a fair few others

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I'd recommend NAM1975 and Magician Lord. I like them and you can't go much more classic than these two. Also, they seem to be missing in all multicarts I've seen.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
You have a decent handful of games to start with. I absolutely love Spinmaster and Windjammers.

Other must-haves:

Metal Slug
MOTW
Neo Turf Masters
Blazing Star
KOF 98, SamSho II, Shock Troopers, Strikers 1945 Plus, Breakers Revenge, Real Bout Special, etc., etc., etc.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
I'd say: Metal Slug 2 (2>X), Metal Slug 1, Metal Slug 3, The King of Fighters 2002, and Garou.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Awesome suggestions! Thanks. I see a few different versions of KOF suggested any reason why A particular year?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Awesome suggestions! Thanks. I see a few different versions of KOF suggested any reason why A particular year?

each year is different in its own way. KOF99 is my personal favorite due to the introduction of strikers.

As stated above, use an emulator to find out which games you enjoy the most and buy those. You will find that what some people love, you dont really care for.

Here are my Top 5 in no paticular order.

1.) KOF99
2.) SamSho4
3.) RBFFS
4.) KOF2k2
5.) Nightmare in the Dark

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
161 in 1 and 120 in 1 Multicarts, then play them and decide if any of the games are worth it to you to shell out for

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Magical Drop III
Metal Slug 3
Pulstar
Blazing Star
Twinklestar Sprites

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Mostly super cheap and worth owning:

Samurai Shodown 2
Magical Drop 3
Aero Fighters 2
Metal Slug
Toss up between Last Blade / RBFFS / KOF 2002, all worth owning, but if we're talking first five you can't go wrong with any one of these

Most MVS titles are still affordable, especially the super commons like above. It really comes down to what you want to play. If you're really new to the Neo, and haven't played a majority of these games before, you'll probably end up buying a lot... Entering with a cheap multi or sitting down with MAME and trying somethings out is going to save you boatloads in the long run, though. I'd love to recommend games like Twinkle Star Sprites, but honestly for the cash you could get a dozen or so more common titles and have a blast.

Edit: Noticed I wrote KoF 2k12, not 2002. :D

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Metal Slug 1 or 3
Samurai Shodown 2
Fatal Fury Special
King of Fighters: 97, 98, 2k, or 2k2.
Strikers 1945+ or GAROU: MOTW

Last edited:

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Mostly super cheap and worth owning:

Samurai Shodown 2
Magical Drop 3
Aero Fighters 2
Metal Slug
Toss up between Last Blade / RBFFS / KOF 2002, all worth owning, but if we're talking first five you can't go wrong with any one of these

Most MVS titles are still affordable, especially the super commons like above. It really comes down to what you want to play. If you're really new to the Neo, and haven't played a majority of these games before, you'll probably end up buying a lot... Entering with a cheap multi or sitting down with MAME and trying somethings out is going to save you boatloads in the long run, though. I'd love to recommend games like Twinkle Star Sprites, but honestly for the cash you could get a dozen or so more common titles and have a blast.

Edit: Noticed I wrote KoF 2k12, not 2002. :D

Yea im not really "new" to neo. I have an aes and a dozen games. And im well versed in samsho games and classics like puzzle bobble. i really enjoyed magician lord and nam on my aes. I guess i was mainly just curious if there were any odd gems i might not have been exposed to yet. I havent tried the last blade games and magical drop 3 looks kool. I need to get more time in with KOF and ive only ever played the first 2 FF games as well. So i have my work cut out for me as far as fighting games go. Grew up on metal slug and samsho mostly tho plugging quarters

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
My 120n1 don't work for shit on my 4 slot.

works great on 1 and 2 slotters...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The first question is do you plan on playing the cab alone or will there be someone to play together with? A good number of games are a blast for 2P but doesn't really shine if you're only going to be playing against the AI.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
You have a decent handful of games to start with. I absolutely love Spinmaster and Windjammers.

Other must-haves:

Metal Slug
MOTW
Neo Turf Masters
Blazing Star
KOF 98, SamSho II, Shock Troopers, Strikers 1945 Plus, Breakers Revenge, Real Bout Special, etc., etc., etc.

these plus kizuna encouter and nightmare in the dark