East Coast Amusements (Foxboro,MA)

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
If it is a Tosh out of a Windy it would indeed be unrepairable if it was on its last leg and still being used until it failed blowing irreplaceable parts. I'm not gonna talk about Pentranic monitors.

East Coast did move their whole operation in the last few months. To include during the 9ft of record snowfall we had. They aren't going to make every customer happy and why I made this feedback thread to begin with.

Since I can't update the OP, their new # is (508) 543-9300 and they are now located in Foxboro, MA.

It's no excuse for poor communication, extremely slow work and sending me two DOA chassis that were "repaired"

I can understand the backup, not the rest.

I'm in a fortune on these with nothing to show for it.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
It's no excuse for poor communication, extremely slow work and sending me two DOA chassis that were "repaired"

I can understand the backup, not the rest.

I'm in a fortune on these with nothing to show for it.

There are no excuses, Companies make mistakes. Now aside from that and regarding monitors in general:

- I'd expect a longer turn around knowing from monitor repairs of my own, some parts take time to source, if they are available at all. Some also require extended troubleshooting as well.

- Cap Kits aren't the fix all solution.

- The last thing I want with a monitor repair is a rush job.

- Every monitor isn't a guaranteed fix. There are some monitors with parts that just aren't manufactured anymore.

This is for anyone unfamiliar or inexperienced with monitors:

There is no excuse to run a dying monitor into the ground. If a monitor is showing signs of Caps getting bad, noticeable Flyback noise, or other abnormal operation. You should not just continue running it. If Caps or other components fail, they usually take out more with it. In some cases, over stress a flyback and kill it.

Tacitus

Staff member
There are no excuses, Companies make mistakes. Now aside from that and regarding monitors in general:

- I'd expect a longer turn around knowing from monitor repairs of my own, some parts take time to source, if they are available at all. Some also require extended troubleshooting as well.

- Cap Kits aren't the fix all solution.

- The last thing I want with a monitor repair is a rush job.

- Every monitor isn't a guaranteed fix. There are some monitors with parts that just aren't manufactured anymore.

This is for anyone unfamiliar or inexperienced with monitors:

There is no excuse to run a dying monitor into the ground. If a monitor is showing signs of Caps getting bad, noticeable Flyback noise, or other abnormal operation. You should not just continue running it. If Caps or other components fail, they usually take out more with it. In some cases, over stress a flyback and kill it.

I'm really impressed you were able to incorrectly assume all of that on behalf of your friends.

I wasn't in a rush, but now going 6 MONTHS into a repair job that I've already shelled out close to $400 on is insane. There is NO excuse for this.

Their "extended troubleshooting" is SHIT. I received 2 chassis' back, completely DOA with a nice fat bill along with them. Shit work.

I never said they were, but they "repaired them" and from what I can see, did exactly dick with them outside of running new traces. I couldn't even get them to confirm they tested them before shipping.

No, they aren't.. but I don't expect to pay for work and find that out from them.

None of them was run into the ground.

This isn't a "mistake", this is ridiculous. They've had my stuff for almost 6 months and each time, I've had to email them to REMIND them that they had them. Otherwise, they'd have sat on their shelves indefinitely. Their communication with me has been FUCKING AWFUL.

I had to email them last week and ask for a refund on the "unrepairable" one that cost me a few hundred bucks already. They were supposed to "let me know if they could credit me" and would do so "tomorrow."

It's Monday, still nothing.

These guys are assclowns, avoid avoid avoid.

Could I have fixed these myself? Probably, but I don't have the time and my time is more valuable to me than what I was paying them. I didn't want to and I don't have parts laying around right now.

I may sticky this thread, that's how fucking awful this experience has been.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
sooo.... with that being said, who do you recommend for chassis repairs on the east coast for future reference? did the same group rebuild that weiya chassis successfully or a different company?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

Yup you're upset and wanna vent here, nothing new on a feedback forum. You don't have time? I don't have time to repeat myself and I'm actually trying to help you. My previous post wasn't just for you, it was also directed towards anyone seeking Monitor work to any Company or repair hobbyist even. A lot of ppl don't know monitors here.

Now, back to your issue.

- They aren't my friends.
- You are the only one complaining and I have been making referrals to them for over 10 years.
- They are bound to make a mistake,treat a customer wrongly, or not satisfy one to their expectations since 2001. No business is perfect.
- I can make referrals based on my experience and others without being someone's friend. It's called their reputation.
- You sent them in December (day not stated) and state its been 6 months, when it's been 4 months (add 26 days if December 1) still no excuse, but not accurate.
- The Company started relocating in mid January.
- We received 9FT of snow the end of January into March.
- They receive repairs around the global on top of covering warranty work.

Your situation is shitty. You received 2 chassis DOA. You then sent them back and are being charged for all work.

Please share the list of work/repairs of the chassis on the invoice or state there was literally nothing on the invoice. The more info (not personal) the better.

I also suggest you elevate it to a higher level if you haven't already. Dick Donlan rfdonlan@eastcoastamusements.com. If you don't get a reply, I can call them myself. However, I will do so with no personal info, just based on what you sent them chassis wise. If they tell me its none of my business, well it's their right as I'm not the actual customer.

Monitor Techs don't grow on trees, its a dying breed just like the monitors themselves. Few here have made referrals to a Company that can repair Nanao, Sanyo, Tosh, Toei, Sanwa, or Wei-ya. They play it safe with WG and Hanatarex. With all the questions I receive and help I have given, I felt it was the right time to share it with the community.

Just like I shared the info on Wei-ya having a warehouse full of Chassis, but requires a middleman. Most didn't believe me at first, but Kidpanda can back that up as I shared that info with him in chat over a year ago.

If I didn't want to help you, I wouldn't take the time typing all of this.

Sure, many ppl with electronic backgrounds can do basic monitor repair. As I stated though, techs are a dying breed and experience goes a long way with troubleshooting harder repairs than a Cap Kit, HOT, or Voltage Regulator.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I'm really impressed you were able to incorrectly assume all of that on behalf of your friends.

I wasn't in a rush, but now going 6 MONTHS into a repair job that I've already shelled out close to $400 on is insane. There is NO excuse for this.

Their "extended troubleshooting" is SHIT. I received 2 chassis' back, completely DOA with a nice fat bill along with them. Shit work.

I never said they were, but they "repaired them" and from what I can see, did exactly dick with them outside of running new traces. I couldn't even get them to confirm they tested them before shipping.

No, they aren't.. but I don't expect to pay for work and find that out from them.

None of them was run into the ground.

This isn't a "mistake", this is ridiculous. They've had my stuff for almost 6 months and each time, I've had to email them to REMIND them that they had them. Otherwise, they'd have sat on their shelves indefinitely. Their communication with me has been FUCKING AWFUL.

I had to email them last week and ask for a refund on the "unrepairable" one that cost me a few hundred bucks already. They were supposed to "let me know if they could credit me" and would do so "tomorrow."

It's Monday, still nothing.

These guys are assclowns, avoid avoid avoid.

Could I have fixed these myself? Probably, but I don't have the time and my time is more valuable to me than what I was paying them. I didn't want to and I don't have parts laying around right now.

I may sticky this thread, that's how fucking awful this experience has been.

And you pretty much summarized the same thing that happened to me, even the price was the same: ($400 USD), shitty communication, 6 months without hearing a word from them etc. but in my case, only one of the chassis returned in the same working condition, it was like they did nothing to fix the problem I described, regardless, because I even sent them an email describing the symptoms and what kind of repairs had been done previously;

anyways, I got these for free so... after all, I ended up paying the same as if I had bought them in working condition... at least that is what I like to believe.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
I got a reply today stating that they're attempting to source a part for the chassis that isn't repaired. It doesn't exactly make everything go away but it's a positive result.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I got a reply today stating that they're attempting to source a part for the chassis that isn't repaired. It doesn't exactly make everything go away but it's a positive result.

This is for the Tosh I assume? I just got home from work, gonna toss ya a pm after some dinner.