SOLD: RGB Modded NES

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
***SOLD***

I have decided to sell off my personal RGB modded NES. This NES was modded using the newer RGBNES kits.

The system is wired for RGB only and does have a palette switch installed so you can choose between the three RGBNES palettes.

Since this was my personal system 5v is not wired to the RGB port so this will not work properly on a European TV or those shitty $50 HDMI scalers. It was wired for use with a PVM (or any professional RGB monitor that does not require the 5v line), XRGB Mini, or external RGB to component adapter.

The NESRGB Audio circuit has also been installed for a much cleaner audio signal.

Although it is not pictured it is modded for the Famicom expanded audio channels however you will need to mod your Famicom converter for said channels as well.

Like all my other installs the system has the dupont connectors so you can easily take the NES PCB out of its case without desoldering the video wires from the RGB port.

The NES is wired for Composite Sync, not Composite Video Sync.

Scart Cable is set for dual mono so it will come out of both speakers.

System will come with a custom made scart cable, power supply, Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt Cartridge, a Famicom controller that has been modded to work on the US NES consoles, and a grey zapper light gun.

Price: ***SOLD***

Will only be selling to people within the 48 continental United States. Shipping will be done with FedEx.

Please do not contact me for performing this mod, I have pulled out of console modding completely (not even doing it for myself) and this will be the last of my work that goes out.

Sorry boys, no aluminum or fake bullshit hi-fi sound on this one.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I finally got my PVM...Sadly, my monies is gone till November...

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
This thing is a work of art :buttrock:

Fucking Canuckistan! :(

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Dam Bro!! Super bad timing. I would have definitely taken this off your hands a few weeks ago. Looks awesome.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Dam Bro!! Super bad timing. I would have definitely taken this off your hands a few weeks ago. Looks awesome.

Damn son, you have two already. Hopefully you are still enjoying them.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Please do not contact me for performing this mod, I have pulled out of console modding completely (not even doing it for myself) and this will be the last of my work that goes out.

WE KNOW YOU'RE HOME, SKIPS!! PICK UP THE PHONE, SKIPS!!

Jon

PS: Seriously, you do good work, I wish you'd reconsider this stance.

PPS: Would rather have my AV Fami modded...instead, I've been spending it on car parts.:(

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
WE KNOW YOU'RE HOME, SKIPS!! PICK UP THE PHONE, SKIPS!!

Jon

PS: Seriously, you do good work, I wish you'd reconsider this stance.

PPS: Would rather have my AV Fami modded...instead, I've been spending it on car parts.:(

I tried to talk him out of it Jon, but several morons out there have driven him out of the modding biz. Guy does amazing work, but some dipshits buy these systems and dont know what they are getting into and expect Skips to hold their hand through it...which has got to be very annoying.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I tried to talk him out of it Jon, but several morons out there have driven him out of the modding biz. Guy does amazing work, but some dipshits buy these systems and dont know what they are getting into and expect Skips to hold their hand through it...which has got to be very annoying.

The recent batch of faulty nesrgb kits resulting in delays not to mention doubling up his work in some cases as a result didn't help either I'm sure.

I can understand taking a break from the modding thing but the selling off of his own modded system is a tad perplexing.

Hope all is well Skips, we love you. ;)

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The recent batch of faulty nesrgb kits resulting in delays not to mention doubling up his work in some cases as a result didn't help either I'm sure.

I can understand taking a break from the modding thing but the selling off of his own modded system is a tad perplexing.

Outta sight outta mind kinda thing Id assume.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

All is well there are several reasons why I stopped modding. They ranged from too much work when coupled with my job to very very very annoying people during a very stressful time. I've decided to sell off my stuff and just use emulators. They have come a long way in terms of accuracy and so far I don't regret the decision.

I need to spend my money on other stuff (like paying off my medical bills and other minor debts) instead of burning it on my projects, video equipment (such as CRT's and scalers), and game consoles. It is really one of the more responsible decisions I have made in a loooooong time. I am not going anywhere though and will still be here. Maybe one day I will pick up the iron again (I am keeping my CVS287 so I have at least one method of testing RGB if I do choose to mod again) however I am done spending money on the hobby for myself. I think the most I will do is maybe buy a game boy pocket and get an everdrive for it but that's about it for actual game consoles. My last personal project will be making a mega USB adapter for all the retro controllers to use with emulators but that is a bit off.

ANYWAY the NES has been sold and I will be shipping it out Monday. Hope you enjoy the system dude, she has served me well!

P.S. Im using that as my sig don

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0

It's not like he can't just build another one for himself later on. He's doing what many of us will eventually do.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
It's not like he can't just build another one for himself later on. He's doing what many of us will eventually do.

I'll just let what he said be enough. I knew the modding had stopped but didn't realize that the console gaming and pvm fun was all going too.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'll just let what he said be enough. I knew the modding had stopped but didn't realize that the console gaming and pvm fun was all going too.

Im still playing the games as much as I was, just not on the real consoles. I was only using everdrives and multicarts anyway so making the move to an emulator was not too big of a jump for me. As long as I get to use the actual controllers for each system I am OK with it.