Neo Geo Restoration Tips and Parts

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Since there are many who do cabinet restorations, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to list suggested parts for said restorations. We all know no one wants to buy a part for their cab only to find out it's the wrong one. Some people even want to know which paint is recommended for their cabs. For example: locks/lock sizes, paint, buttons (some don't fit with certain control panels), sticks, coin doors, etc. Just to make things easier for those looking to restore their cab and make it look right. :glee:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Okay, what I've gathered so far from recommendations. Feel free to add to it. :)

Locks
- 2 coin door locks: 7/8" Single Bitted Locks
- 2 Marquee locks: 1-1/8" Single Bitted Locks

Power Supply

- 150 W Ultimate Power Supply with External On/Off Cable

Is there a good place to get, say... 9 or so cam locks with one key to open them all? I have two different locks just on the cab, but a boatload of displays. I would love to have one key for them all, but the hardware store guys were clueless.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
You know we have an entire subforum this this exact kind of thing - http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?34-Arcade-Central

Hmm... I thought it'd be a good idea to just have a thread for the recommended parts and stuff for Neo Geo restoration. Not necessarily for other arcade stuff, but just something that people can add to so when someone does wanna do a restoration, they have a parts list. Not the first time I thought I had a good idea but it already exists..