Record collecting

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Damn, was working today, but was checking the site periodically. Looks like I missed out though unfortunately. Congrats on getting your order in though!

yeah, he announced the sale being open on twitter and it was active for about ... 10 mins until it sold out, which is seriously not that bad.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Damn, was working today, but was checking the site periodically. Looks like I missed out though unfortunately. Congrats on getting your order in though!
send a PM my way if you want to "import" from Germany. I got a sealed copy I am holding for a friend who would now rather sell it. I won't let him flip, so you could get it for what he originally paid (original price+shipping to him+custom fees) plus shipping to you... should be well below the prices on discogs.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Got one :drool:

I just hope the new artwork doesn't suck.

I didn't :( went on a date last night and totally forgot to set my alarm to wake up for it. Sigh.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
500 is just ridicolously low. Fuck that shit. You can't live to buy records.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Compared to some of the records I've been buying that's pretty high

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Got my hotline Miami soundtrack today. Usually paying more than 40 bucks for a record pisses me off and I'm stuck with something akin to the after effects of masturbating, but this is one classy package.

I listened to the whole album, admired the pretty artwork, nice phone card and colored records.

By far one of my nicest looking vinyls.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My gf is going to kill me when this shows up in the mail:
http://www.discogs.com/Ronnie-Dio-Walking-Alone/release/4518217

R-4518217-1367159303-3415.jpeg.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
http://www.numerogroup.com/project12

898720dfc68603dd4c8d04e0006b1449.jpg

In 2016, the Numero Group launches Project 12, a seasonal music club featuring 12 exceedingly rare or entirely unreleased LPs.

FOUR ALBUMS OF ECCENTRIC SOUL.

FOUR ALBUMS FROM WAYFARING STRANGERS.

FOUR ALBUMS PLUCKED FROM OUR PRIVATE MIND GARDEN.

These records won’t be available in stores and they won’t be repressed. We’re not issuing them on CD and the only way you can buy them is by joining the club. And that club? It's limited to just a thousand members.

For listeners of a certain age, the recent news that Columbia House was at last filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection was met with a mixture of amusement and sadness. Columbia House thrived in a now-vanished monoculture of limited choices, offering seven (or eight or twelve or twenty) albums for a penny and following up with poorly designed full color catalogs full of a few hits and a lot of misses. Once hooked, a game began in which the warehouse would dispatch a record or tape each month—a surprise, almost always something unwanted— forcing the “club” member to choose between paying up or sending the thing back. And as crazy as it seems now, if you were from Terre Haute, Indiana, or Billings, Montana, this is probably how you got your music.

The 21st century is defined in part by an overwhelming panorama of choices. Especially in the world of recorded music, of which the near-complete history is available in two or three clicks. Want to hear Carly Rae Jepson’s Emotion? Or Ray Charles’ complete Atlantic recordings? You can, and you should. But the question remains—how will you find out about Jimmy Carter & the Dallas County Green’s undeniable 1977 private country-rock masterpiece? And how will you experience it with something resembling the sense of excitement that accompanied those seven Columbia House selections for a penny, the ones you actually wanted? Isn't the predictability of unlimited choice part of what's turning us all into such jaded monsters? In a world of unlimited access, we’re exercising some small degree of restraint. Like some poor kid stuck in 1991, we want you waiting by your mailbox. We want you to love every record so much that you keep the custom box it came in.

Here’s How It Works
You subscribe to one, two, or all three series. Every quarter a record from each series goes out. We'll let you know by email when your record is on its way, along with a tracking number and a download code in case you just can't wait. It’s that simple. Don’t like one of them? Whine on twitter, wait a few months, and flip it on Discogs. Exercise your rights as a consumer, we won't judge.

Sign Me Up
Subscribe to all 3 series for 1 low price

UNITED STATES: $250 CANADA: $340 WORLD: $375
Project 12: Private Mind Garden
Each of us has our own Private Mind Garden. Some are fertile, some are well-tended, some are thorny and overgrown, and some are full of exotic delights not to be found anywhere else. Such is the case with our latest bit of branding, the expression's originator unknown, borne from online message boards, where it has generally tended to denote getting lost in one's own world. It can mean folly and delusion, but we at Numero would like to cultivate a different interpretation, to describe that place from which the most challenging, singular, and personal musical creations spring. Retroactively classified Numero Private Mind Garden entries might include such disparate works as bad acid hard rocker First Step Beyond by Medusa, Otis G. Johnson's drum machine gospel trip Everything – God Is Love '78, and Iasos' self-explanatory Celestial Soul Portrait.

Circuit Rider
PHOTOGRAPH ATTACHED

Master Wilburn
Burchette
MIND STORM

Arrogance
KNIGHTS OF DREAMS

Pisces
SOMEWHERE IN YOUR
MIND

UNITED STATES: $100 CANADA: $130 WORLD: $150
Project 12: Eccentric Soul
Our flagship series broken into digestible single artist LPs for the discerning collector. Twelve years into effectively remapping the American soul diaspora, we’ve created an alternate universe of motley and mishandled Motown acolytes. We now press our magnifying glass further into the dust, freeing four microbes that could have, should have, never did, but now might.

94 East
THE COOKHOUSE 5

First Annual
INNER-CITY TALENT
EXPO

Tommy McGee
POSITIVE-NEGATIVE

The Chapells
ARE YOU READY?

Project 12: Wayfaring Strangers
In a record landscape blurred by one next great but ultimately disappointing private SSW hope after another, we’ve done our best to boil down the finest examples of this world into a handful of themed compilations. Here we dust off some of the truly brilliant and fascinating discoveries made along the path, long-playing documents of talents far bigger than a single track would merit.

Jimmy Carter and
Dallas County
Green
SUMMER BRINGS THE
SUNSHINE

Meic Stevens
OUTLANDER

Rob Galbraith
DAMN IT ALL

Tucker Zimmerman
SONG POET

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sure, but numero group is the Ric Flair of boutique labels.

They can talk all that talk, after the way they reissued the entire unwound catalog.

Don't sleep.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Sure, but numero group is the Ric Flair of boutique labels.

They can talk all that talk, after the way they reissued the entire unwound catalog.

Don't sleep.

I'm going to tell all my friends at Starbucks at the next macbook party.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Picked these up yesterday: Danzig Skeletonson white vinyl, Misfits Collection II on green vinyl (one of 3,500), Cab Calloway, the Disorderlies soundtrack and Alfonso Ribeiro' Dance Baby 12" single.

Danzig Skeletons white vinyl:

Misfits Collection II green vinyl:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
That's the new Danzig cover album right? Let us know if its any good

Kiel

20 Year Member
Fuuuuuuck space lab sent out an email for the megaman 1-10 vinyl set and I missed out on that too. I'm not doing well here

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Fuuuuuuck space lab sent out an email for the megaman 1-10 vinyl set and I missed out on that too. I'm not doing well here

damn. I didn't even know.

Only 1 printing?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Getting really tired of this limited edition bullshit. It's like oh hey thats really awesome, we should only make 100 and sell it at the most inconvenient time possible with no announcement.

Posters/Prints
Toys
Records
Clothes

Kiel

20 Year Member
I jumped the gun it seems on that, that first one thats limited to 100 is a triple pack of all 3 available color variants in an nes style slipcase. Single color variants are now up for sale, I just grabbed the Metal Man variant.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Which artist?

I still pick up a couple prints here and there but it's all easy to get or open/timed edition stuff.

Also thanks for the heads up got the Mega Man variant.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I jumped the gun it seems on that, that first one thats limited to 100 is a triple pack of all 3 available color variants in an nes style slipcase. Single color variants are now up for sale, I just grabbed the Metal Man variant.

I was all hyped to buy this but air man in mm2 ... Seriously why isn't this on there?